Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [CLARIFIED] Cant deactivate Countersteering assistent on steering wheel?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

[CLARIFIED] Cant deactivate Countersteering assistent on steering wheel?

Hi,

I bought a Thrustmaster 300rs and was really looking forward to play project Cars with it.
    The Problem is, even after deactivating all Assistents and the Counter Steering Assistent on the Steering Wheel (Force Feedback) the game seems to always try to help me out with Countersteering(And with "help out" i mean literally taking over the steering wheel and taking away any sense of feeling that im actually the one driving).
    Its really starting to frustrate me and the game makes absolutely no fun like this for me...
    Anyone here with a similar Problem who knows how to fix this?
    I tried googling and searching the Forum but i couldnt find anything useful...

Platform
    PS4
    In the main menu settings make sure you have steering help turned off that could be your issue.
    Psn Markripp1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ports View Post
    In the main menu settings make sure you have steering help turned off that could be your issue.
    I deactivated every assistent i could find.... In the main menu -> options-> Gameplay Steering assistent, breaking assistent etc. all deactivated
    main menu -> options-> Controller-> Configurate Counter steering assistent deactivated

still helps me Countersteering ALOT...

Update: Just tried it with a normal Wireless Controller and had no help Counter Steering.. Seems like an Issue with the Steering Wheel...
    Last edited by evridej; 16-12-2015 at 19:13.

Platform
    PS4
    Have you tried to turn down steering gain and tire force in ffb settings page ? thats all i can think of.
    Psn Markripp1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by ports View Post
    Have you tried to turn down steering gain and tire force in ffb settings page ? thats all i can think of.
    Just tried it out. Steering gain seems to fix this(No Automated Countersteering anymore) but if i put it to 0 i basicly have 0 Force Feedback while Driving...

And putting it on 50 (default = 100) activates the EXTREME version of Steering + Countersteering Assistents again which should be turned off cuz i deactivated them

Platform
    PS4
    Have you got settings 'in car' for SOP, I found this always wanted to pull the wheel around for me...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
    Have you got settings 'in car' for SOP, I found this always wanted to pull the wheel around for me...
    Sry gravel im pretty new to this game what u mean with "settings 'in car' for SOP"? That could fix my problem! U mind explainig me a lil pls where are this settings u talking about ?
    I got the game today i havent done anything yet... Only tweaking settings in main menu trying to fix this cuz it makes it most of the time impossible to play... The *whatever Assistent* makes me crash all the time cuz he tries to correct everything i do :S.... even the slightest turns almost like he wants me to follow a certain path of every turn of the course...

Just tried to race with a Formula A...
    Its literally impossible.. My Steering Wheel goes completely Crazy.... going left right left right left right so fast i cant even hold it still (as if something wants to Correct me like a steering assistent or smth no idea..) and that on a straight part of the course when i reach highspeed... what is this..?
    Last edited by evridej; 16-12-2015 at 21:24.

Platform
    PS4
    Try these wheel settings mate on this site go threw the site there are global settings as well.
    http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/browse
    Psn Markripp1
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Ports is right. Your FFB is too high which is causing wheel oscillation. What you're feeling isn't countersteering, it's the force feedback.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Platform
    PS4
    You can also change some FFB settings from the edit tune setup menu for each car, using the R1 button will take you to them...

SOP = Seat Of the Pants which is on the second menu accessed via R2 button, but as you don't know what I am talking about, I would say that it is not the cause of your problem.