Thread: 3 Screen Setup

Platform
    PC

3 Screen Setup

I'm just in the process of attaching 3 screens to a frame, do I butt the monitors together so there is a double bezel or do I position the side monitors slightly behind the centre monitor so that there is only 1 bezel.

I've seen it done both ways but which one is the preferable method used, for graphics settings and use etc.
    PC: Fractal Design R5 Case, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Cooler Master Nepton 240M Water Cooler, Asus Z170 PRO Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Graphics, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD, 2TB SSHD, 1000W PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Asus PG279Q Monitor.
    Rig: TBF 80/20, Thrustmaster 458 TX Wheel, GTE Rim, Heuskinveld Pro Pedals, TH8A Shifter, DSD P1 Button Box.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    No matter which way you do it you will not get a true Triple Screen Experience with Project Cars. I have a Triple Screen setup and I have gone back to just using the middle screen due to the fact that Project Cars does not have True Triple Screen Support. It will display across all 3 screens but your outer screens will stretch and distort the images on them.

If you still want to go head and set it up I recommend using the overlap.
    CPU AMD FX4300 | GPU EVGA GTX 970 | RAM 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance 9-9-9-24 | MOBO Asus M5A78LM-LX3
    HDD's 120GB Sandisk SSD, 1TB Western Digital Green, 500GB Western Digital Black
    Monitors 2 x Samsung B2240 22" Widescreen, 1 AOC e2343F 23" Widescreen
    Wheel ThrustMaster Driving Force GT

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by lembi2001 View Post
    No matter which way you do it you will not get a true Triple Screen Experience with Project Cars. I have a Triple Screen setup and I have gone back to just using the middle screen due to the fact that Project Cars does not have True Triple Screen Support. It will display across all 3 screens but your outer screens will stretch and distort the images on them.

If you still want to go head and set it up I recommend using the overlap.
    Yeah, I know the 3 screen support is non existent, which is such a great shame.

I will also be using RaceRoom Experience and iRacing so it will be worth the effort
    PC: Fractal Design R5 Case, Intel i7 6700K CPU, Cooler Master Nepton 240M Water Cooler, Asus Z170 PRO Motherboard, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Graphics, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 Memory, 512GB SSD, 2TB SSHD, 1000W PSU, Windows 10 Home 64bit, Asus PG279Q Monitor.
    Rig: TBF 80/20, Thrustmaster 458 TX Wheel, GTE Rim, Heuskinveld Pro Pedals, TH8A Shifter, DSD P1 Button Box.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Whenever you pass a car just pretend it is the "executive long wheel base limo version" of that car, because execs need to get places fast you know.

Anyway I don't mind it that much to be honest, happy enough I can actually see what's beside me. However, it's a shame they did not implement it properly though, true.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by tonypbeck View Post
    I'm just in the process of attaching 3 screens to a frame, do I butt the monitors together so there is a double bezel or do I position the side monitors slightly behind the centre monitor so that there is only 1 bezel.

I've seen it done both ways but which one is the preferable method used, for graphics settings and use etc.
    It really depends on your options. I prefer to have the bezel's overlap which reduces the total bezel distance. I'm not using a stand; I just have them sitting on top of my desk which allows a little more freedom of setup. However if you are using a triple monitor stand, most of them aren't designed in a way to make that happen.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips