Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Project CARS Discussion

Platform
    PS4

Project CARS Discussion

Hi my name is Natero. I was watching Ian talk last night with the fans which is awesome! Since not that many dev's and company for video games actually are willing to talk so much about everything they have planned SO THANK YOU Ian Bell and SMS. There was a lot of talk with Oval's, which there should be since we still haven't got it and we were told we'd have it. I liked his reply about, "That's part of our Cunning plan." So Oval's might be coming still YAY!! What was your guys favorite things about the chat he had with us? Mine was obviously Oval's and Stockcars.
    NASCAR Nut,
    Nathaniel
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, Fight-Test, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1
    Everyone is so desperate for ovals... though without a proper flag system and saftycar periods i cant see anyway it could work..

Picture this, you're racing 200laps around Daytona. Most of the race you have been in the top 10, Then on lap 100 you spin. There is no caution period. No safety car period. The pack just continues around the track at full speed. You recover and get back onto the track but you are now 1 lap down....
    How are you possibly ever going to get back into race winning contention? With oval racing safety car / caution periods are essential to bunch everybody up again and give laped cars the opportunity to unlap themselves etc.
    I for one love oval racing, i think it's fantastic. But I'll tell you now that the thought of ovals coming to Project Cars at this point in time scares the crap out of me. The car to car contact in its current state and lack of caution periods will expose an uglyside. And i personally love this game that much that it's an uglyside that i never want to see.
    I really mean that when i say it.
    This game deserves more than being exploited like that.... it really does..
    Last edited by TopAirspace; 23-12-2015 at 16:26.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Konan, RacingAtHome, Sasquatch

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TopAirspace View Post
    Everyone is so desperate for ovals...
    Everyone?????

Animals and racing lover

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Ribeiro View Post
    Everyone?????

Lol, i'm outside the everyone Don't see the fun in going round round round round.
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 X ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync. Buttkicker Gamer 2 + Simvibe software. Derek SpeareDesigns P1 button box.
    Pics of my rig -- My Youtube-channel

Platform
    XBOX1
    The big takeaway for me is that quite a few of the features that would make PCars1 live up to its potential will not be implemented until PCars2. That's disappointing but not unexpected. So the one thing I'm most grateful for is that Ian is willing to have this discussion at all. He has to know that he's delivering a lot of bad news. We've suspected for a while that PCars2 is the game we hoped PCars1 would be and now it's confirmed. Aside from a few tweaks it appears that PCars1 is what it is, which isn't bad at all but isn't what we were hoping for either.

ETA: there was one thing that I was glad to hear. The QA, especially for consoles, is being overhauled for PCars2. Due to funding issues, the console QA for PCars1 was outsourced, with predictable results.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 23-12-2015 at 16:58.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 3 users likes this Post: AndrexUK, nissan4ever, Sloskimo

Platform
    XBOX1
    Well personally im not desperate for them either... that was a bit of a generalisation wasn't it lol. One thing is for sure though, those that do want them are sure to let you know about it almost daily..... lol

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have to admit the only reason I'm glad to see oval racing talk is most the talk is about Daytona.That makes the chance of getting the road course as well even greater in that deal.As far as the thread I have never read anything like it.Dude just straight up answered what he could.On the last gens racing games,that was just unheard of.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Slowsley

Platform
    XBOX1
    Wouldn't mind seeing the Daytona road track but there are 5-6 circuits in the US that I'd place ahead of it. Nevertheless, MOAR US tracks == good. Except Long Beach.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following user likes this Post: sgohsixthree

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MAARTEN View Post
    Lol, i'm outside the everyone Don't see the fun in going round round round round.
    You're not alone. I'm glad they're coming, for those that are interested, but I couldn't care less about ovals.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: CSW-v2, CSP-v3, CSS SQ / Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | Samsung 46"| GT Omega ART | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773
    The following 4 users likes this Post: balderz002, fm4dj, MAARTEN, Paulo Ribeiro

Platform
    PC
    All I want to see are custom multi class single race weekends, and to fill out the car selection for the gt car classes, pre 90's. So that's Group C, Group 6/5/4, Historic GT 1/2/3.......
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, fm4dj, nissan4ever, Paulo Ribeiro