Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who uses a simulation cockpit ?

Platform
    PC
    I use a Granstand as my cockpit. It's a pretty good price, extremely sturdy when all the bolts are tightened down completely adjustable for any person, and it;s made from 80/20 aluminum extrusion tubing, so you can easily make mounts for just about anything, The only downsides that I can think of that the depth tray where the wheel mounts leaves little room to mount a button box.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi,no it's stationary,enjoyed every minute building it,it's got racing harness,sparko evo bucket seat,I took the rear spoiler off ,,taking up too much space,but actually climbing in what' resembles a car feels like nothing else,ime buying another Xbox one in April,then I will build another,I am completely mad,but different,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	225.6 KB 
ID:	224607
    It's still what I call unfinished,I built it in the garage,then dismantled it,oh bye the way,the wheels aren't used..LOL.
    Last edited by SENNABOY1; 28-12-2015 at 16:36.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Didd31, Leonardo Da Vinci

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    So many good options.. I use playseat evolutionClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20151119_082640.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	224625
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20151119_083408.jpg  

Playseat Evolution with Drilled Gen 1 Pedal Deck, Pro Shifter Mount, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Modified Playseat vibration Isolation kit ( Floating Chassis), TX Servo Base, 599xx Evo Wheel, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter
    The following 3 users likes this Post: KkDrummer, Leonardo Da Vinci, Robhd

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Nice setups guys. Keep the photos coming.

Does the butt kicker work on x-one ?
    If so how have you got it set up ?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by StuWard75 View Post

The buttkicker will work on any system with a sound output. But as you can't really choose what sounds what's going to activate the buttkicker you will also feel it rumble by music in menus etc.
    On the PC i have a software called Simvibe that uses a dedicated sound card for all the rumble-sounds instead. So that means it only rumbles on the sounds i choose in the software.
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 X ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync. Buttkicker Gamer 2 + Simvibe software. Derek SpeareDesigns P1 button box.
    Pics of my rig -- My Youtube-channel

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    How does the kicker connect to the Xbox ?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Buttkicker Gamer 2

It does work and surprisingly well with xbox one and project cars.. Sim vibe is not an option with consoles but the buttkicker can still be pretty good by adjusting high and low pass through on the buttkicker amp. Also project cars has a good mono signal so you do get right and left curb effects. My advice is to isolate your chasis so you can run the buttkicker at a low volume.. This allows low engine rumble, curbs, large bumps and the ability to feel a thump during hard gear changes without hearing the constant rumble from wind or every bump. Race room gameseat already comes with built in isolators around the chasis but playseat requires the gamer 2 isolation kit and you will need 2 additional isolators to properly float the chasis.
    Playseat Evolution with Drilled Gen 1 Pedal Deck, Pro Shifter Mount, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Modified Playseat vibration Isolation kit ( Floating Chassis), TX Servo Base, 599xx Evo Wheel, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    How does the kicker connect to the Xbox ?
    hook a optical to analog out converter to your xbox optical port and then to the gamer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hmm
    Optical is used for the X500 wireless headset.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hmm
    Optical is used for the X500 wireless headset.
    Some wireless headsets will work as well. Older headsets that like that that use optical should work good. Some of the older turtle beach units have been rumored to produce better effects than the cheap 20 dollar converters.