Thread: Car Packs, patches, downloads etc.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Car Packs, patches, downloads etc.

I just bought this program a couple of days ago and cannot find any info on how to get downloadable content such as patches, car packs etc.

Are the free cars monthly given to owners automatically downloaded to the game. Do we have to go somewhere on the site and get them?

Same with patches and updates. Are they automatic or do I have to check periodically and then do something to get them?

Sorry to be so uninitiated on this game. Any education would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Platform
    PC
    If your on PC you need to install steam to get all updates and purchase all dlc.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |

Platform
    PC
    In steam, select Project cars, then look down the Right Hand Side of the main window. One of the links is "DLC". (another link is 'Store' which will take you to a similar page, which has the DLC after the main game section)

patches will download automatically unless you specifically turned them off.
    Windows 8.1 64bit
    MSI Z87-GD65 Nvidia
    GTX7700
    16GB Ram
    Logitech G27

Platform
    PC
    Once you have the game installed through steam, all the free stuff - free cars, patches, etc - should all be coming down the pipe automatically. You don't need to do a thing, other than let Steam download and install it for you. If you want to buy the DLC's for the game, you need to visit the Steam store page for Project CARS and purchase the DLC's individually through there. Once purchased, these are also automatically downloaded and installed through Steam. Once the download of each DLC is finished, the content should be available in-game the next time you launch the game.

Computer
    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97X-GAMING 5 | CPU Intel Core i7-4790K @4 GHz, Turbo @ 4.40GHz | RAM Kingston HyperX Predator Beast 2x 8GB DDR3 @2200MHz CL11-13-14 | Graphics 2x Gigabyte GV-N970G1 GAMING 4Gb in SLI | Sound ASUS Xonas Essence STX | OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Hardware
    Rig Obutto r3volution | Screens 3x 24" Eizo Foris FS2434-BK @ 5840 x 1080 | Earphones BeyerDynamic DT770 - BeyerDynamic DT990 | Wheel bases Fanatec CSW v2 - Fanatec CSW v1 - Fanatec CSR Elite | Rims BMW rim (2100g, 320mm) - Formula rim (1210g, 2800mm) - Universal Hub + QSP flat touring 300 leather (1600g, 300mm) - Universal Hub + OMP corsica alcantara (1600g, 320mm) | Pedals Heusinkveld Engineering Sim Pedals Pro - Fanatec CSR Elite

Racing experience
    PC Project Cars - NFS Shift 2 - NFS Shift - NFS Pro Street | Assetto Corsa | Raceroom Racing Experience - Race 07 with all expansions - GTR 2 - GTR - GT Legends | F1 2011 - F1 2010 - Dirt 3 | Next Car Game | GRID AutoSport | Juiced | Viper Racing
    Xbox Forza 4 - Forza Horizon - Forza 3 PS3 Gran Turismo 5 - Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - Ferrari Challenge, Trofeo Pirelli

Need a setup? http://projectcarssetups.eu/ - My setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/RimanDk - Jussi's (OEM) setups: http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/byuser/Jussi
    Everything about the setups website here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ll-your-setups
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Ok but what if you do not have internet access? My PS4 does not have internet access and I can not locate any links to these patches. I have a USB stick but the size of these patches look massive.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by anyeta View Post
    Ok but what if you do not have internet access? My PS4 does not have internet access and I can not locate any links to these patches. I have a USB stick but the size of these patches look massive.
    You need to have internet access in order to download the patches first...
    Maybe you can take your PS4 to someone who has internet and download them there?
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ....and change your profile from PC to PS4
    Adam - Project CARS2 WMD Member

PS4 Pro/PSVR/T150/WheelStandPro V2
    Samsung 49" 7000 Series or Sony 43" 8300 Series 4k TVs
    Denon AVR-X2200 and Monitor Audio/Elac 5.1.2 or Headphones
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by amazed View Post
    ....and change your profile from PC to PS4
    Overlooked that part...
    I NEVER LOSE...I WIN OR LEARN...
    A special thanks to SMS and WMD for putting up with me all these years!