Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Career mode?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

Career mode?

I am fairly new to Project cars....but so far think it is a pretty fun game.

I started career mode last week, shortly after gettng the game. Unfortunately, when it asked me what level I wanted to start in.....I said level 1...thinking it was where you start. It turned out to be the fastest cars. They should warn you that level 8 is the the place to start and is the easiest...which I figured out after a couple of races. I spoke to someone else who made the same mistake.

In any event...deleted that carerer racer and started a new one in level 8 and started Kart racing with 125 cc carts. Finished season 1 and it said I had to pick a new contract for season 2, so I picked one that mentioned they had 250 cc Karts to race.

When season 2 started though, every race seems to be with racing cars. They are the "Euro championship", the "historic GT5 UK trophy", etc. Next to my name at the top, it still says 250cc superkart, but where are all the superkart races?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
    I am fairly new to Project cars....but so far think it is a pretty fun game.

I started career mode last week, shortly after gettng the game. Unfortunately, when it asked me what level I wanted to start in.....I said level 1...thinking it was where you start. It turned out to be the fastest cars. They should warn you that level 8 is the the place to start and is the easiest...which I figured out after a couple of races. I spoke to someone else who made the same mistake.

In any event...deleted that carerer racer and started a new one in level 8 and started Kart racing with 125 cc carts. Finished season 1 and it said I had to pick a new contract for season 2, so I picked one that mentioned they had 250 cc Karts to race.

When season 2 started though, every race seems to be with racing cars. They are the "Euro championship", the "historic GT5 UK trophy", etc. Next to my name at the top, it still says 250cc superkart, but where are all the superkart races?
    I think the 250 kart by your name is the car your in in your garage not necessarily your career.

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    You are teaching pre season invitationals... The karts will come a little after...
    Just a tip, before ever an event, see if there's not not than one event at the same day.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Those are side series in your career to keep it from getting boring. Just be patient and things will eventually open up. An example of my side series below.

Just finished a side race series during my 3rd season in career mode. It was on Ruapuna GP. Chose the Audi LMP 900 and thought I had the learned the track fairly well. Until the next morning when I went out for practice in the scenario. Oops. I had practiced on the afternoon in the sun and this was early daybreak. I thought WTF then realized this was the kind of game I wanted. One that throws me curves. Qualified a respectable 20th out of 20. laugh Then the race started. A 15 lapper. I had even cut that down from a 30 lapper.

A raging thunderstorm. surprise I just had to chuckle. And settled down to just surviving the race WITHOUT any major off road excursions. It happened. yes Through my grit and determination I worked my way up to 19th place just missing the podium by a few spots. Thank God the last place guy did a pit stop for some reason. kiss

All this in cockpit mode without the wheel and arms and of course the "no restarts" mode and damage/mechanical in effect.

Basically, if it gives the option to skip event, it's something you don't need to do (invitational series and single races)
    When you get to the first race of the season, check to see if there are more than one option available for that day. The races for regional series tend to start at the same time, so you may be able to chose from a US, Euro or Asian version, for example (you should see the arrows to the right of the screen when there are more available races in one day)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks....that is kinda what I thought....but figured I would check. I guess they also throw these at me, to show me I am really not that ready for the big guys....even after winning a few Kart races......kinda puts you back in your place.
    The following user likes this Post: TheReaper GT

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    I guess I just need further reassurance that I am doing the correct season.....in career mode. I have now raced perhaps 6-10 races (that means practice sessions, qualifying race, and then the official race), and have raced many different types of cars, but not one Kart in season 2. Season 1 was essentially all 125 cc Karts, and the contract I signed was for 250 cc Karts I thought. I am doing ok.....but probably finishing in 5-15 place on most of these car races, sometimes with one or more restarts, when I do something stupid like spin out and cannot straighten the car at at times.

Is there any way to check whether I am in the correct season of career mode? I am in the end of February (2-24) of my calendar if that matters. All the things on the calendar seem like car races?

Thanks in advance.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tachy View Post
    I guess I just need further reassurance that I am doing the correct season.....in career mode. I have now raced perhaps 6-10 races (that means practice sessions, qualifying race, and then the official race), and have raced many different types of cars, but not one Kart in season 2.

Is there any way to check whether I am in the correct season of career mode? I am in the end of February (2-24) of my calendar if that matters. All the things on the calendar seem like car races?
    You can skip all invitational events (press triangle on the calendar page if you're on PS4), and play only the kart events.

There will be plenty of invitational races.. if you just want to race the series you signed up for, you can just keep skipping events till you get to the one you signed up for, which you won't be able to skip. It should say at the top of the calendar, which season you are in. You can do a multiple full seasons without touching invitational events.
    You should be able to see what's in the calendar by using the appropriate buttons (the 360 controller on PC uses the shoulder buttons) to move through the months then use the stick to move through the dates, that should list on the right all events for any day.... UK Superkarts appear to start in June.. so you may want to skip forward a lot to get there

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks.....I just didn't realize that their would be months of car races before any Kart races in season 2.