Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does single player suck that bad??

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

Does single player suck that bad??

I've put over 140+ hours into online multiplayer and league racing but I can't get past the second race in my single player campaign.

Is single player really as bad as the Renault Clio Cup after patch 7?

Also when on track, either practice or qualifying, where can I find the race distance apart from going all the way back out to the race calendar. I know where to find it on multiplayer rooms but I can't see it on single player. Small aesthetic but big mistake if SMS didn't include this for ease of use.

I couldn't even complete qualifying, I rage quit and now hate single player that much I'm writing this!

Anyone else in the same boat?
    PSN- Spidey_11.
    PS4 pro, Pagnian GT racing seat, Fanatec CSL Elite PS4.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    No

There's a lot of options.
    2nd race? No info?

Just a guess.
    Try treating the AI like the humans you raced with or turn them down, but don't get prideful when beat.
    They are good. And will give you everything you can handle when raced at your lap times. Often more than you can handle.
    They don't suffer low heat or high heat in tires so they are strong early and late.

Qualifying up front by minimal margins means your gonna lose a few spots on start if you don't cheat the start and check out
    They are gonna have more grip and not a lot of patience since they are all being pushed from behind.
    Don't get in their way. Hang in. Fight back later. Then hold on.

Hope it helps.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BreadedVirus, CHEN255

Platform
    PS4
    I have only really just started but I like the single player. I have no assists on and AI set to 60 and just won the Clio Cup. When i go online I find everyone just hits you and drives badly.
    I want to get into the league but don't really know how. I think we are at opposite ends of the spectrum here lol

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thx boys but that's no help to me. I know how the AI drives from adding them into online multiplayer. What info were you expecting Grav?

Maverick, the best thing you could is get into a league. It seriously takes this game to another level. If you are on at Australian GMT+10 Timezone then come and race with us at www.raceonoz.com

Maybe I've had the best in online league racing and the single player obviously can't compete with the racing and etiquette of real league racing. Online public lobbies are not for anything serious with all the bashers in there
    PSN- Spidey_11.
    PS4 pro, Pagnian GT racing seat, Fanatec CSL Elite PS4.

Platform
    PS4
    Thanks spidey, I see your point. I imagine a proper online league is amazing. I will do a post about how to get into one as I have no idea and im in the UK, thanks for the offer though.

I guess the single player is OK for people new to the game like me but maybe thats where it ends.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    One if the biggest problems getting a good race in career is the varying standard of AI within a championship so you might have to adjust their level if you want every race to be competitive. The Clio Cup may very well be the most mystifying of the lot as they can be near unbeatable at one track and a bunch of amateurs at another.

Iirc you don't have to win many (if any) races to win one make Championship. There seems to be a different driver as the main competition in each race.

The next series is a the GT5 which is quite easy once you get the hang of the Ginetta which is a lot of fun. GT4 class is very good with a selection of cars. The Ginetta rules among the AI so you'll have proper competition throughout the Championship.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    @Ademaverick
    Here u can find some leagues : http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/for...Event-Planning

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by spidey11 View Post
    I've put over 140+ hours into online multiplayer and league racing but I can't get past the second race in my single player campaign.

Also when on track, either practice or qualifying, where can I find the race distance apart from going all the way back out to the race calendar. I know where to find it on multiplayer rooms but I can't see it on single player. Small aesthetic but big mistake if SMS didn't include this for ease of use.

I couldn't even complete qualifying, I rage quit and now hate single player that much I'm writing this!

If you're having handling problems, it might be related to the new patch. 7.0 messed with the heating model, and I think those cars were one of the classes that were affect the most.
    PC: MSI Z170A, M7 | i7-6700K 4.4 GHz (OC) | 32GB DDR4-3200 | GTX 1080, 8GB | Corsair H115i Liquid Cooler
    Rig: Accuforce V2, Fanatec CSP-v3, CSS SQ, Formula Black, Porsche 918 RSR, GT U-Hub Combo | Oculus CV1 | SimLab GT1 | BK Gamer2

Steam ID: Haiden773

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Thx boys but that's no help to me. I know how the AI drives from adding them into online multiplayer. What info were you expecting Grav?

Maverick, the best thing you could is get into a league. It seriously takes this game to another level. If you are on at Australian GMT+10 Timezone then come and race with us at www.raceonoz.com

Maybe I've had the best in online league racing and the single player obviously can't compete with the racing and etiquette of real league racing. Online public lobbies are not for anything serious with all the bashers in there
    I don't know. Like I said. I just guessed at what might be bothering you since you left no specifics.
    Still unclear what your hating on or what sucks.
    Good luck
    Hopefully the AI ain't got your goat to bad. or the league racing you go back to works out.
    Last edited by Gravit8; 29-12-2015 at 19:04.
    Just a Salty old Bastard
    Don't take it personal
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

I've just got into Pcars on the PS4 and have started the Clio cup in single player mode. I don't find it at all frustrating (yet). I am currently using the PS4 controller and did my first race at Donnington with the default Clio setup. Qualified on pole, and won both races by quite a margin with AI on 80%.

I will, of course be increasing AI gradually to increase the challenge, and intend to "tweak" setups as I develop my understanding of the physics, but to me, this is all part of the learning curve.

I do have a wheel and pedals which I will graduate to very soon, but wanted to get straight into the Sim to draw my own conclusions regarding the overall experience as I'd been reading the various comments on the forum prior to purchasing the sim. I had read a "lot" of negative comments about it, but so far, I only have a huge grin on my face from my short experience of it.

I do,eventually, want to get into "online" racing, but will spend my time learning in career mode for the next few months in the hope of getting everything set up correctly (FFB) etc.
    The following user likes this Post: Tomcul