Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: assists vs no assists

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

assists vs no assists

I'm playing the game on ps4 with t300rs and I use Jack Spade's FFB classic settings. Which one do you guys think is better? Assists on or off?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I personally don't use assists. That's a personal preference. I myself love the challenge of throttle control. I've never have had a problem with locking up the brakes.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I don't use steering, or braking assistance, but I do have ABS, SC, and TC all turned on. Just like braking into the corners, I guess just my personal driving style, but if I have ABS off my car won't steer!!!!

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddwolf View Post
    I guess just my personal driving style, but if I have ABS off my car won't steer!!!!
    Sounds like you're braking a little to late for the turn. You're coming in to hot. Try braking little earlier for the turn. Already be at entry speed when turning into the turn. In slow & out fast
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 30-12-2015 at 15:04.
    Xbox One X/Seagate SSD 1 TB USB/Netgear Nighthawk xr700 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: biggbaddwolf

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I donīt use any assists except ABS as I believe I can go faster without them. Recently Iīve been wondering if I can be faster without ABS also, do you guys think that with lots of training no ABS is faster than ABS?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Sounds like you're braking a little to late for the turn. You coming in to hot. Try braking little earlier for the turn. Already be at entry speed when turning into the turn. In slow & out fast
    Thanks I will give it a try.
    The following user likes this Post: nissan4ever

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by kyoo View Post
    I donīt use any assists except ABS as I believe I can go faster without them. Recently Iīve been wondering if I can be faster without ABS also, do you guys think that with lots of training no ABS is faster than ABS?
    Yes, you can go faster. Just need to practice the correct braking point for entry into a turn & the right amount of brake pedal pressure. Then you'll have ideal entry speed. Hit that apex & stomp it! It's all about the right braking point & applied pressure for that turn on the track!
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 30-12-2015 at 15:02.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    One of the biggest assists is the driving line. It hinders you from learning the proper braking points because its so easy to ignore where your at and just rely on the line to turn red. Once I started playing with the driving line off, I learned the track (and how the car handles) quicker. Also, its really ugly and ruins the beauty of the tracks IMO. Once you get used to learning the track the way a real driver would, you can't ever go back.

When learning the track braking points, first start braking early and find a marker or a visual clue near the brake point to remember next time around. You'll learn how much you can cheat past that point with laps you put in.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Dereenigne, hkraft300, SIR_Driftalot, Titzon Toast

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah I turned the damn line off a long time ago, and it does help you learn the tracks much better!!! I also tested with ABS with/without..Formula C car, default setup-Road America. With ABS 2:05:00 without ABS 2:10:89, so I am still over five seconds faster with ABS...

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    takes practice of correct braking points, correct brake pressure & correct gear. You'll get there.