Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [UDP] Replay Enhancer 0.6/0.2: Better than ever!

Fantastic idea, I love it.
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM, GeForce GTX 680 with driver 361.43, Windows 7 x64

Platform
    PS4
    I cant understand this part of the script:
    racestart: This is used to synchronize the telemetry data with the video. The easiest way to find this number is to make a low-quality video, pause on a new lap, and note the differential between 0.00 on the timer and the actual time displayed.
    In the globals_template.py you have this as value racestart = 3.5+0.8, what does it mean?
    I have a video where the race begins at 40 seconds. The second rounds begins at 1:53. So what do I have to use?
    PSN Michel--NL | Thrustmaster T300 RS (Ferrari F1 Wheel) | Playseat Challenge | Project Cars | F1 2016 | Youtube Channel

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel--NL View Post
    I cant understand this part of the script:

In the globals_template.py you have this as value racestart = 3.5+0.8, what does it mean?
    I have a video where the race begins at 40 seconds. The second rounds begins at 1:53. So what do I have to use?
    You seems to be correct.
    In the replay videos produced by PCARS, there's a few seconds at the start before the green flag drops. racestart then, tells the how many seconds into the video the green flag drops. You might think of it as mapping the video time to the race elapsed time: video time = race elapsed time + racestart.

If you have a video with a longer introduction (which could be if you captured it from a Twitch stream, or did some editing to add titles or whatnot), 40 seconds could be correct. The way to test that is to make sure that the lap timer resets to 0.00 when the car crosses the start/finish line.

For a video with two races (and two sets of telemetry), you're going to want to split the video and telemetry into two separate videos. This is mostly due to the fact that early testing required restarts, so the scripts automatically trim the telemetry to the last valid (start to finish) race in the telemetry. So you'll lose your first race's data.

However, it's easy to concatenate videos end-to-end with moviepy: output = concatenate_video([video1, video2, etc.]) so you can end up with one big final video!
    Project CARS Replay Enhancer (Thread): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eplay-Enhancer
    Kobernulf Monnur's Driver Journey: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mO1D9jU200jcWJ

Platform
    PS4
    Ok...I did some testing with the default values.
    The result is in the video and clearly I'm doing something wrong because its not working
    Do you have any clue what goes wrong?

PSN Michel--NL | Thrustmaster T300 RS (Ferrari F1 Wheel) | Playseat Challenge | Project Cars | F1 2016 | Youtube Channel

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Michel--NL View Post
    Ok...I did some testing with the default values.
    The result is in the video and clearly I'm doing something wrong because its not working
    Do you have any clue what goes wrong?

It looks like racestart isn't set right. Because racestart is too high, it's actually trying to sync end-of-race data throughout the video, which is why it doesn't update.

To put it a different way, racestart is the interval of time between 0:00 on the replay video (not including the title screen, so 0:05 in the YouTube video) and when the green flag drops. Just eyeballing it in your video it looks like it might be 4 seconds (slightly more than the "base" of 3.5). Try that and see if the telemetry advances, and take a look at the difference in time between your car crossing the line and the timer resetting to 0.00 to fine-tune it. (That's actually why it the defaults it's listed as 3.5+0.8. When I built a test video with 3.5, it was off by 0.8 seconds, and I let Python do the math.)

You might also snag the copy from the 0.2-devel branch on git hub. I've made a few changes this weekend that will (at least) make rendering faster, especially if you want to do subclips to test.
    https://github.com/SenorPez/project-...tree/0.2-devel

If all else fails, you can send me the telemetry CSV and I'll take a look at it. If nothing else it'll find more rough edges I can file down as time allows!
    Project CARS Replay Enhancer (Thread): http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...eplay-Enhancer
    Kobernulf Monnur's Driver Journey: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...mO1D9jU200jcWJ

Platform
    PS4
    My new video capture card arrives tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to recut videos with some improvements I've made. No sense in stumbling through the "stream to YouTube, then download, then process" jungle just before the capture card makes that whole process easier.

Platform
    PS4
    This is so interesting!

Would it be possible to use it to make Life "race reports" while the race is going on? Like those webpages that show live standings and times.

As far as i know no current software output a lap by lap report or the positions of the cars, fastest lap/sector times and so on... I think your app already does most of it?

(not sure i explained myself properly it's almost 1AM here lol)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I don't think you'll be able to do a 'live broadcast', but certainly add it to a replay.
    XB1 GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    www.slipstreamracing.jigsy.com www.vmotorsport.co.nz
    Xbox One,TX 458,GTE rim,T3PA-Bodin load cell,racing cockpit,Onkyo 7.1,Panasonic 55"
    Lenovo A7-20 for CrewChief, Alienware Alpha i7-4765T, 8gb DDR3-1600, GTX 860M, 2gb GDDR5, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250gb, Win 10 Home 64bit

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by azidahaka View Post
    This is so interesting!

Would it be possible to use it to make Life "race reports" while the race is going on? Like those webpages that show live standings and times.

As far as i know no current software output a lap by lap report or the positions of the cars, fastest lap/sector times and so on... I think your app already does most of it?

(not sure i explained myself properly it's almost 1AM here lol)
    Two halves here, and two answers:

For live video, no. Right now, the script isn't fast enough to process telemetry packets and render video packets to keep up in real time.

However,

If all you want is data, it's fast enough to do that. Silently living in the repository is a "racestandings.py" script. It would require a bit of work to get working again since I've changed a few things since it was created, but it was used as a "proof of concept" to get sector and lap times.

Output looks something like this (ignore the blank sector 2, like I said, it's a bit out of sync with telemetry parsing):

This *is* fast enough to render in real time; I tested that. With a bit of effort you could convert it to output a dynamic web page instead of terminal text, which might be exactly what you're looking for.

Platform
    PS4
    Testing with your dev branch results in a error:
    Code:
    root@ubuntu:/home/michel/Desktop/replay_dev# python3 replay.py globals_template.py
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "replay.py", line 12, in <module>
        from black_test import black_test
      File "/home/michel/Desktop/replay_dev/black_test.py", line 9, in <module>
        g = import_module(".".join(sys.argv[1][:-3].split('/')[1:]))
      File "/usr/lib/python3.4/importlib/__init__.py", line 109, in import_module
        return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2249, in _gcd_import
      File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 2201, in _sanity_check
    ValueError: Empty module name
    root@ubuntu:/home/michel/Desktop/replay_dev#
    I have created a fresh Ubuntu installation with the program requirements as you mentioned in the readme.
    •Python 3.4 or greater
    •MoviePy
    •natsort
    •NumPy
    •Pillow

Do I still miss something?
    Sorry but I don't have any knowledge of Linux or Python. Google is my best friend at the moment