Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any idea whats going on here?

Platform
    PC

Any idea whats going on here?

I've been experiencing more of these type of (maybe bugs) lately:

Edit: assumed it was a bug maybe its just car physics behaviour
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 10-01-2016 at 18:21.
    The following user likes this Post: havocc

Platform
    XBOX1
    I have notice sometimes the AI will rather kill themselves before they make contact with you. Assuming your the blue car, it looks like this one had made that choice. Sometimes its great that they do that,but other times it ends with something comical

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin kirk View Post
    I have notice sometimes the AI will rather kill themselves before they make contact with you. Assuming your the blue car, it looks like this one had made that choice. Sometimes its great that they do that,but other times it ends with something comical
    I did not even touch him. It is great that they defend their position so passionly but driving into invisible walls/objects is potentially a bug I think.
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 10-01-2016 at 18:22.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    I did not even touch him. It is great that they defend their position so passionly but driving into invisible walls/objects is a bug I think.
    It's the reverse side of the curb the AI is hitting. The AI uses a more simple suspension model and it doesn't handle hard impacts as well as the player model. It's more of a problem with cars that are very low to the ground.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, f1lover, Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    It's the reverse side of the curb the AI is hitting. The AI uses a more simple suspension model and it doesn't handle hard impacts as well as the player model. It's more of a problem with cars that are very low to the ground.
    But I am a long term le mans watcher and never have I seen a car doing that at the dunlop curves nor can I recall a game showing such car physics. It looks very unrealistic. So you don't believe this to be a bug? by the way it happens at more curbs.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    No it's not a bug but the AI physics I'm afraid.

Edit: But that does look a bit strange to be honest.

I'm contradicting myself though
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 10-01-2016 at 17:38.
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

WMD Member
    Left tyres take to the air over the sausage kerbs, while right tyres meet resistance of track edge kerb's saw teeth.
    i7 5820k @ stock (for now) | Gigabye X99 Gaming 5P | 16GB DDR4 3000MHz @2133 (for now) | Sapphire Nitro R9 390 | Fanatec GT3 RS v1 & Clubsport Pedals | Windows 10 home| Samsung 512GB NMVe | 512GB MX100 SSD | BenQ XL2730Z

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by N0body Of The Goat View Post
    Left tyres take to the air over the sausage kerbs, while right tyres meet resistance of track edge kerb's saw teeth.
    I think you saw it right but I personally dont think it should turn a vehicle on its head

Platform
    PC
    I almost flipped at Eau Rouge when i lost my rear on the inside curb with Ts-040

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    I think you saw it right but I personally dont think it should turn a vehicle on its head
    It shouldn't, but it's a limitation based on how the AI is implemented.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: pigsy