Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why I don't play project cars?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Why I don't play project cars?

Project cars as the potential to be a great game, but a lot of little issues still bother me. I love racing car game, I can play simulations, even if I am not an expert, so I don't have time and desire to take hours of configuring the game.

The first issue at launch time was about wheel feedback, now it seems much better but I still use custom settings from community. (I have a G27)

Now the main issue still bother me is the AI, choosing the AI level manually is boring, and it's impossible to find the good percentage to have an AI I can beat with a good challenge simply because it depends of the tracks and car combination I use. Sometime I have issue to defeat AI at 40% and some other time I can put it at 60% or more. Tweaking this during the career mode is a non sense and time consuming just to be able to enjoy a race.
    I am expecting an AI that is able to adapt his difficulty to myself during the race, by doing stats,... Raceroom do something interesting on this point.

I also notice that the AI still go out of the track just after leaving the pit lane during practice sessions with the side effect of coming back on the track too fast and hurting other cars.

Don't forget on a closed track only the opponents are a source of adrenaline when fighting them closely.
    Last edited by Flamaros; 10-01-2016 at 19:57.

Moderator +WMD 1/2 Member Roger Prynne's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It's AI and not IA by the way
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 385.69)| Displays: 55" LG 4K UHD TV @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim mod springs (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A few helpful links for you

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Sorry I am sleeping lol.
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    Maybe it had spun?!
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    Maybe it had spun?!
    It's just because I am french, and when write it IA instead of AI, I wrote it wrong by reflex.

Platform
    PC
    ;-)
    Last edited by BigDad; 10-01-2016 at 21:45.

Platform
    PC
    I don't think anyone is going to confuse the meanings of intelligence artificielle and artificial intelligence, it's clear what he meant.

Anyway, I can understand the OP's frustration at having to adjust difficulty nearly on a track by track basis. However, I would prefer this method to a career mode like other games in which the AI is constantly slow and useless at maximum difficulty always...

At least we have the option to try and change the situation in order to get the experience we will enjoy most. Though I do hope we will see a more robust AI implementation in Pcars2 that uses some of the features we don't see much of in Pcars1, but have be asserted as existing by the developers.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

SteamID:Shin321
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bradleyland, Konan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Making AI respond to you in realtime will open up the rubberbanding can of worms, personally I'd rather just restart the race and adjust the AI level vs "magic cars" that suddenly catch up to me. Since it takes the racing element out of the game, no matter how fast you go, they would always keep up.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: DayGlow, Ledbetter

Platform
    PC
    While it's definitely a user's prerogative to want certain things, but you being better or worse at certain tracks than your competition is a reality. Certain tracks in real life suit particular drivers' styles and those drivers will perform well on those tracks and maybe struggle on others.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Looks like there is an opportunity for someone to create a database that has average track times for AI difficulty levels for each car at each track. Then you can compare your own time and adjust the difficulty from there. Would take quite a bit of time though. Unless there is something like that that already exists and I'm not aware...
    The following user likes this Post: bradleyland