CUSTOM GRID TOOL v0.98b
by crowtrobot 050516
additional credit to JDougNY and LamboMantisMan
Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/v7...crowtrobot.rar
Download link for use with Custom Livery Tool: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fv...crowtrobot.rar
- Custom Grid Tool 0.98b or 0.98b_CL by crowtrobot zip file
DISCLAIMER: This mod alters the unpacked game files, which will affect behavior of the vehicle filters in-game. Career Mode will not work properly with this mod running.
Please back up your Project CARS Profile before using. Mod does not work online yet. Author is not responsible for lost save data or broken profiles or bans.
This mod is intended to allow the user to pick their own grid for Solo Quick Race in Project CARS.
- Unzip Custom_Grid_Tool to <Steam_Directory>\steamapps\common\pCARS - there should be a pCARS_Custom_Grid shortcut in this directory, and a folder MODS with folders for the unlocker and Custom_Grid in it at this point.
- Run JSGME tool and add Custom_Grid_Tool.
- Run the Custom Grid tool using the shortcut and add cars to grid (can double click, or group selection and use >> button. Double click from Grid list to remove.)
- When grid is complete, click Assign Grid.
- Start pCARS, use Quick Race and Multi-Class. Make sure player car is a car from the grid assigned, and use N-1 AI opponents. (i.e. if 30 cars were assigned to the grid, use 29 AI opponents)
- Enjoy. Exit pCARS and use Reset button to start a new grid if desired.
- If using with Custom Livery Tool: download 0.98b_CL and install. Activate Custom Grid CL via JSGME. Add/Edit Liveries with Custom Livery Tool. Run Custom Grid Tool CL .exe in pCARS and Assign Grid. Leave Custom Grid tool open.
- Use Save/Load to save custom grids and load, if desired.
- Double-clicking a livery from the list will remove it. Or use the << button.
- As stated in the disclaimer - THIS MOD CONFLICTS WITH CAREER MODE. Please close pCARS AND the Tool before using career.
- Also as stated, MOD DOES NOT WORK ONLINE yet. Recommend deactivating before joining a VAC server. It does not modify any memory locations while running or the .exe, so it is doubtful it would trigger a VAC ban, but no guarantees.
- Car selection filters from My Garage are also effected - either use Quick Select to choose car, or user will need to choose 'Any' filter in My Garage to find the car.
- Tool creates .bak backup files of all altered files. If anything goes wrong, press Reset button and go to the /vehicles/ directory of all altered vehicles. Delete the altered files and restore the originals from the .bak files if this hasn't been done already by the Reset. Reset and closing the tool should restore backups and remove them.
- v0.91 - 011516: Added Stock Car category. Removed debug line that caused exceptions to crash UI if .crd not found. Added check for pakfiles to prevent listing future cars.
- v0.92 - 020216: added livery ID to writeGrid to ensure selected livery appears on grid. Changed bak file to avoid conflict with Custom Livery
- v0.93 - 020816: added hr.rcf lines to prevent overwriting high res values. bak file extension for backup files changed to bakcg for both rcf and crd.
- v0.94 - 021216: updated for Patch 9.0
- v0.95 - 022516: fixed hr livery count.
- v0.96 - 032216: updated for Patch 10.0
- v0.97 - 040216: updated for Patch 10.1
- v0.98b - 050516: updated for Patch 10.3