Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 LastLast

Thread: Custom Grid Tool - Custom Grids for Solo Quick Race

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 512SonnyBurnett View Post
    It's great that there is a MOD like this, because this feature is the one I miss the most in this game. BUT IT DOESN'T WORK FOR ME! I'm not able to get the grid in-game which I setup. I'm following the instructions but still... Does anybody else have also trouble with this one? Looking forward for some help
    Hey everyone.
    Same forme, the mod doesn't work, even if i'm sure that i've done successfully all the steps described in the first post. If it can help i use the GOTY edition v11.2. Feel quite sad because one of the reason i bought the game is for the 24h of LeMans style races.
    Thx crowtrobot to have taken time for this. I've searched a lot and have no idea how you manage to do it. Do you use some software to know what files do what and what you have to modify to make the mod ?

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Capito72 View Post
    Hey everyone.
    Same forme, the mod doesn't work, even if i'm sure that i've done successfully all the steps described in the first post. If it can help i use the GOTY edition v11.2. Feel quite sad because one of the reason i bought the game is for the 24h of LeMans style races.
    Thx crowtrobot to have taken time for this. I've searched a lot and have no idea how you manage to do it. Do you use some software to know what files do what and what you have to modify to make the mod ?

Thanks
    I tried so many times, and still didn't got it running. My guess is that this Mod is not compatible with the newest version of Project CARS, as I also have the GOTY edition. If this is the case, please please update this Mod, because we and many more would love to use it

Hi,

I haven't fired up pCARS in a long time, but the last time I did was with the latest patch/GOTY edition and the mod still worked. Can you tell me more detail as to why it is not working for you? I don't have a whole lot to go on from "didn't got it running".

If you are having problems with the program running:
    - Make sure you have installed/unzipped the files to the correct directory. Example is in the first post. Common mistake is to unzip the files into a <pCARS>\Custom_Grid\ folder or <pCARS\MODS\MODS when you need to have everything in <pCARS>\MODS.
    - Make sure you have 'activated' Custom_Grid_Tool with the JSGME program before running the Custom Grid application.

If you are having problems with the game loading the defined grid:
    - Make sure you have clicked the Assign Grid button after you've selected the cars.
    - Make sure you have left the program running in the background when you launch pCARS. It resets all the files back to stock once it's closed.

Hope that helps.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: 512SonnyBurnett

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    (...)
    - Make sure you have left the program running in the background when you launch pCARS. It resets all the files back to stock once it's closed.
    (...)
    This might well be the hint. After I press Assign Grid, the program closes itself. But is shouldn't, right?

No it shouldn't. It's been a while, but I think that points towards it not being unpacked to the right directory, or the mod being activated in JSGME first.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

Platform
    PC
    Works OK for me, and it shouldn't matter if it's the GOTY version or not as it's still the same game.
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

Platform
    PC
    So then, where should I unpack it if I don't have a Steam directory? Those are the folders I have that are related to this game:
    1) C:\Users\<user_name>\Documents\Project CARS
    2) C:\Program Files\Project CARS

If I do it in 1) then the vehicles are missing. If I do it in 2) then the problem I mentioned before occurs.

Platform
    PC
    ^ What do you mean that you don't have a Steam directory?
    You haven't got a cracked copy of the game by any chance have you?
    Addressing expectations on realism and simulation - Project CARS PC Leaderboards - Learn how to race properly - Forum Resources for Pcars
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A good explanation of the different tyre types - FFB Guide - Official FFB Guide - A new home for all your setups - How to use the Advance Search
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 ATX | CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz (4.20 GHz Turbo) 8x Core | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master V8 | Memory: 16GB DDR3 (1600MHz)
    Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 2GB GDDR5 - (Driver: 378.66)| Displays: 50" LG 4K UHD TV 3840x2160 @ 60Hz - 24" Monitor 1920x1080 @ 60Hz | PSU: Sea Sonic X - 850 Watt
    Storage: SSD 250GB Samsung 850 EVO x2 - 2TB Western Digital Caviar Green Sata III x2 | Sound: X-FI Xtreme Gamer Fatality Pro + 400W Technics 7.1
    Wheel: G25 & Pedals with Nixim brake mod (NO PROFILER USED) | RIG: Playseat Challenge | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit - Anniversary

The following user likes this Post: Reiche

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Prynne View Post
    ^ What do you mean that you don't have a Steam directory?
    You haven't got a cracked copy of the game by any chance have you?
    I simply haven't installed Steam - no use for it.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by 512SonnyBurnett View Post
    I simply haven't installed Steam - no use for it.
    In that case you have not got a legitimate copy of the game and you won't get anymore help here.
    If I'm wrong please correct me.

Where did you get your game from?
    Last edited by Roger Prynne; 30-03-2017 at 17:37.

The following 2 users likes this Post: crowtrobot, Reiche