Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AI Lighting Mod

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    IIRC it was discussed, but not done like that due to lack of time and resources.
    This, finally was the point...lack of time. But considering the fact how much better and more realistic this game does look like with the Lights mod it should be implemented with the game of the year edition. It won't happen, I know.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-2600, 4x 3.40GHz RAM: 12GB HD: 1064GB (64GB SSD + 1000GB HDD) DVD+/-RW DL GPU: ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080, Fantatec Turbo S Wheel@750B and1.52; Wheelbase V2 with Porsche 918 wheel| CSR Elite Pedals | Windows 10 64-bit | 75" LG 75 UHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Xbox Elite Controller

Famous last words: Who's braking late stays longer fast
    The following 2 users likes this Post: XettMan, zuotoski

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Unfortunatelly SMS put alot of rain and fog into the events.
    This was not a problem for me anymore with this great mod.
    Driving in bad weather conditions and being the only one with headlights turned on kills immersion massivly and sometimes AI is very hard to see, you only can see them when they break because of their brakelights.

I know that SMS doesn't want to separate versions on different platforms, but versions are already different because of different options, so why not to add AI lights as an option only for PC version?
    I know the reason: Part 1 already sold, now let's make money with part 2, immersion and playability doesn't matter.
    The following user likes this Post: Marine

Platform
    PC
    We are all just speculating here the reasons why sms has made a new method for modding which unfortunately made this particular mod unfunctional☹️
    My thought is that it was just pure bad communication with the mod community. I know this because in previous posts Ian said that he would allow pc users to have the ai lights enabled. So that is why I believe that this must be something that perhaps with a patch can be fixed?

Edit: maybe there should be direct contact with someone from sms or with Ian himself
    Last edited by ELAhrairah; 26-03-2016 at 11:26.
    The following user likes this Post: Marine

Platform
    PC

For the devs, Ian and Andy: Please bring back the AI lighting MOD

Please do not consider this an attack on Pcars which in my eyes is one of if not the best in its genre.

I think the head of this topic speaks for itself.

We have a talented modder who finally enabled AI lights in bad weather and this added spectaculair realism to the game and experience.

Unfortunately with the latest changes to the game has killed this excellent mod.

Please please please please make this mod possible again.
    The following 10 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, goon, IJOJOI, KkDrummer, M4MKey, mw98, NoBrakes, XettMan, zeva, zuotoski

Platform
    PC
    Well, I can honorstly not understand SMS. They will lose more customers that way and I'm off my way to another racing game. Not bother to waste more time on Pcars and letting my frustrations go away with an uninstall, because of this strange policy they lead. I've allway believed it feels like arcade-ish and like Shift 2 unleashed with those smart and "cool" comments from the pitengineer...like talking to a teenager.
    They should allow people to mod the game, like they do in other games, like SCS Truck sim games. They gain more gamers and customers that way, and they got more popular and extended the games and experinced they're games got very popular when there where mods to download and to make the game better and SCS build this to there modmakers:
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/12/scs-...-full-set.html
    SMS, let people build mods, don't sit on the game like Microsoft do with there's products. Don't be square, be open. Make people smile when they're racing. Let them get goosebumps with the little things.
    Just my thoughts. Away to race other simgames. Have a nice Easter.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Moe View Post
    Well, I can honorstly not understand SMS. They will lose more customers that way and I'm off my way to another racing game. Not bother to waste more time on Pcars and letting my frustrations go away with an uninstall, because of this strange policy they lead. I've allway believed it feels like arcade-ish and like Shift 2 unleashed with those smart and "cool" comments from the pitengineer...like talking to a teenager.
    They should allow people to mod the game, like they do in other games, like SCS Truck sim games. They gain more gamers and customers that way, and they got more popular and extended the games and experinced they're games got very popular when there where mods to download and to make the game better and SCS build this to there modmakers:
    http://blog.scssoft.com/2015/12/scs-...-full-set.html
    SMS, let people build mods, don't sit on the game like Microsoft do with there's products. Don't be square, be open. Make people smile when they're racing. Let them get goosebumps with the little things.
    Just my thoughts. Away to race other simgames. Have a nice Easter.
    Really, your comments and "you will lose customers" threats are completely misplaced. We are talking about one mod here that currently does not work. SMS already clearly showed in this thread that they're actually opening the game up to modding, in a controlled and modder-friendly way. The only thing lacking was communication up to now. They're listening, they know people want to be able to mod the game and they're actively looking into supporting it while keeping the game closed down for cheating.

Please inform yourself completely before starting rants and accusations.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 11 users likes this Post: Arhok, Bealdor, BullWinkle, cluck, LamboMantisMan23, Marine, mw98, NoBrakes, Roger Prynne, Schumi-, zuotoski

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ELAhrairah View Post
    snip
    Threads merged. The devs are already aware of the issues regarding this mod. No need for a separate thread.
    Btw. I also think that this is a great mod that improves the game experience. I too hope it can be made functional again.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 9 users likes this Post: Arhok, BullWinkle, cluck, ELAhrairah, IJOJOI, mw98, NoBrakes, XettMan, zuotoski

Platform
    PC
    great to see how project cars supports the modding community...cough..
    Think I'll stick with patch 9
    Intel Core i7 quad core 4790K 4GHZ/4,4GHZ turbo,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 4GB,128GB SSD 1TB HDD internal 3TB HDD external

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinist90 View Post
    great to see how project cars supports the modding community...cough..
    Think I'll stick with patch 9
    How about you read up on the latest dev posts before making sarcastic remarks.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Roger Prynne

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    How about you read up on the latest dev posts before making sarcastic remarks.
    nah mate,patch 9 is fine
    Intel Core i7 quad core 4790K 4GHZ/4,4GHZ turbo,16GB RAM,NVIDIA GeForce GTX980 4GB,128GB SSD 1TB HDD internal 3TB HDD external