Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [MOD] Better AI sounds

[MOD] Better AI sounds

Here is a little mod I'm doing right now, trying to get better balanced engine sounds between player and AI/opponents.

Here is the link : http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t...ounds+v1.1.rar

As usual, you need to have the JDougNY mod first to use this.

I'm open to any suggestion

changelog:

v1.0 : initial release
    v1.1 : fix for some AI cars not audible. Better balanced audio.
    Last edited by M4MKey; 16-01-2016 at 13:24.
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Inno3D iChill GTX980 | 16Go DDR3 17000 // T300R5 with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Platform
    PC
    just tried this mod with 55 cars at la sarthe. hood cam.

My experience

- Maybe its placebo effect but I could hear more engine noise detail from my own car which was nice ( toyota ts040)
    - Ambient sound and other cars (GT's other prototypes) I could hear less.

Pro:

More own engine sound detail ( hood cam) but again this could be just me.

con:

Not really this is a nice mod

Advise from humble me who cannot even mod:

Turn the sound from surrounding cars a bit more up. But again this is personal preference.

Thx for al these great mods lately.
    There are two types of politicians: those who use their words to conceal their thoughts,
    and those who use their words to conceal that they have no thoughts.

Hmmm that's weird, because for sure the opponents volume has been upped. ( almost four times ).
    Intel i7 4770K o/c @ 3.9Ghz | Inno3D iChill GTX980 | 16Go DDR3 17000 // T300R5 with fanatec ClubSports Pedals

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    Hmmm that's weird, because for sure the opponents volume has been upped. ( almost four times ).
    I had a hard time hearing them. I even drove next to lmp2 and GT during quali just to hear their engine volume.
    Maybe its my own sound setup? I will try again with extra attention to my own hardware.
    There are two types of politicians: those who use their words to conceal their thoughts,

Here is one issue I can't really fix :

The more cars you want sound for ( atm, this is 16 ), the less detailled each car will be individually... So if you want extra good detailled sound for near opponent cars, this parameter should be low. If you want more ambient general sound, from many cars, you want this higher.

Platform
    PC
    Hey m4mkey i made a recording from stationairy car on the track and the strange thing is some cars do not make noise
    Maybe its the game? Check the first view cars make no noise as they drive by the others domake noise.

Maybe this is just my pcars :

Wow... that's quite bad... I have to understand more how this works. But it really like there's some kind of clipping involved in the sound engine. Gotta check that later for sure.

EDIT : So i'm attempting to fix that atm... It seems that "MaxAIEngineSounds" parameter is the culprit. The default is 6. I made it to 16, to have three times more AI cars having engine sounds... but then some cars don't have any sound at all... I don't understand how this engine is working >_<

EDIT 2 : New version that should fix the non audible cars issue http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t...ounds+v1.1.rar
    Last edited by M4MKey; 16-01-2016 at 13:25.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by M4MKey View Post
    Wow... that's quite bad... I have to understand more how this works. But it really like there's some kind of clipping involved in the sound engine. Gotta check that later for sure.

EDIT : So i'm attempting to fix that atm... It seems that "MaxAIEngineSounds" parameter is the culprit. The default is 6. I made it to 16, to have three times more AI cars having engine sounds... but then some cars don't have any sound at all... I don't understand how this engine is working >_<

EDIT 2 : New version that should fix the non audible cars issue http://www.mediafire.com/download/6t...ounds+v1.1.rar
    I will try it again this evening

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    @M4MKey

"MaxAIEngineSounds" - I tried this back in the NFS Shift Modding days and the same issue happened with some car not having sound anymore.

Did you just revert it to 6 or did you find a workaround?
    MB: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H | CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE | GPU: GeForce GTX TITAN | GPU-Driver: 347.52 | RAM: 8GB | Audio: Audigy 2 ZS Sound Cart | OS: Windows 7 x64 (Service Pack 1)
    Input: G27 w. Shifter & Pedals
    Steam Name: Engine Of Darkness
    Youtube Channel: EngineOfDarkness

I reverted it back to 6. And made other little adjustments in terms of ambient volume. I'd love to find a way to increase the backfire volume inside the cockpit but this is something locked into .csd files for each car. And this isn't a "per view" parameter :x
    The following user likes this Post: IJOJOI