Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: [iOS app]Race Dash for pCARS

  1. #21
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    I love the display, it s quite realistic!
    A slight visual improvement should be a new design of the rpm bars like this (if possible):

    Attachment 226083

    everything else is near perfect for me.
    Please could you also add the fuel remaining in litres and not only in % and bigger font for Speed.
    I'll note these two tweaks for the next update as they seem sensible - not sure why I didn't put the fuel in litres to be honest, the gauge shows % anyway effectively.
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box

  2. #22
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    I love the display, it s quite realistic!
    A slight visual improvement should be a new design of the rpm bars like this (if possible):

    Attachment 226083

    everything else is near perfect for me.
    Please could you also add the fuel remaining in litres and not only in % and bigger font for Speed.
    The curved RPM bar does look good, I'll bear it in mind! I do like the backlight colour on that too...
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box

  3. #23
    Superkart Pilot Fre.Mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Corsica
    Posts
    807
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey-Gravy View Post
    The curved RPM bar does look good, I'll bear it in mind! I do like the backlight colour on that too...
    The backlight colour of your app is good enough.
    Concerning the RPM bar, maybe a first improvement should consist (In My Opinion) in one side bar (instead of symmetric bars located apart from the gear indicator) with more smaller bar steps.

  4. #24
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    The backlight colour of your app is good enough.
    Concerning the RPM bar, maybe a first improvement should consist (In My Opinion) in one side bar (instead of symmetric bars located apart from the gear indicator) with more smaller bar steps.
    Thanks, always open to suggestions so will bear it in mind.

    David
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box

  5. #25
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey-Gravy View Post
    v1.2 is pending App Store approval so will hopefully available soon. The changes are as follows:

    -New screen with more detailed car information
    -New LCD colour option
    -Customisable RPM intervals
    -Optional dash light flash as a shift indicator
    -Fixed an issue that might show the wrong current lap
    This update is now live in the App Store.
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo


  6. #26
    Superkart Pilot Fre.Mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Corsica
    Posts
    807
    Platform
    PS4
    I really impressed by this app.
    Is it possible to add icons to show wich assists are on, if lights are on, if water and oil temperature are above the treshold.
    Last edited by Fre.Mo; 30-01-2016 at 09:47.

  7. #27
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    I really impressed by this app.
    Is it possible to add icons to show wich assists are on, if lights are on, if water and oil temperature are above the treshold.


    I wanted to implement status lights for the aids but the necessary info isn't sent in the data stream. The only status that is possible is headlights. Unfortunately there's also no max threshold info sent for oil and water temps and I assume each car would be different.
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo


  8. #28
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey-Gravy View Post
    I'm not sure is the short answer. There's a few reasons why it's iOS8+ at the moment and I'm not certain they can all be overcome without a total re-write but I'll take another look at it.
    I've had a look, and unfortunately the app looks like a car crash when compiled for iOS7, let alone iOS6, so I'm afraid it'll be too much work to try and straighten it out. Sorry!
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box
    The following user likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard


  9. #29
    Superkart Pilot Fre.Mo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Corsica
    Posts
    807
    Platform
    PS4
    Is it possible to add a screen with the laptimes and current gap of the whole players?

  10. #30
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    South East, UK
    Posts
    66
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Fre.Mo View Post
    Is it possible to add a screen with the laptimes and current gap of the whole players?
    That's certainly my intention for the next major update.
    PS4 | Wheel: T300RS | App: Race Dash for pCARS | Other: DIY Button box
    The following user likes this Post: Fre.Mo


Similar Threads

  1. PCars Dash App
    By D3L8OY in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 04-01-2018, 07:09
  2. PCars dash or Crew Chief? Or both!
    By deedub777 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-01-2016, 03:14
  3. Windows phone pCars Dash
    By Elaine The Racer in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 20-12-2015, 17:16
  4. Pcars dash not working on moto G 3rd gen
    By Islandlad77 in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 15-12-2015, 11:55
  5. pCARS Dash or similiar support?
    By TrueNOS2 in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-11-2015, 17:59

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •