Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aston Martin GT3 on Brno

Platform
    XBOX1

Aston Martin GT3 on Brno

Hello fellas,

I got a problem. I get under the 2min mark easily with other cars such as BMW and McLaren but with the Aston I got no chance to get in the 1:59.xx
    The best I got is a 2:00.249 (S1: 29.549 S2: 58.425 S3 32.274). I'd like to take the corners really good but I get oversteer and the car slips away at the rear. I feel the car is not good enough for the circuit I struggle really hard. Already did a tune on it, softened the front sway bar put down the accel differential, wings is 0/4 and so on. Maybe someone help me and give me tips. I race with the gamepad, ABS and TCS are on.

I think my race line is quite ok, I looked at Hotlaps on youtube and they seems similar, they just have more grip and get into the corners quicker with the Z4s.

Platform
    PC
    Up overall downforce. Brno isn't about top speed, you need high downforce for the corners. And I you have problems with oversteer, I would also soften the rear sway bar a bit.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thank you for the quick help gonna try it this evening.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quick question to be absolutely sure: Do you mean the GT3 or the GTE Aston?
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    XBOX1
    I mean the V8 Vantage GT3, so the GT3

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiraq View Post
    I mean the V8 Vantage GT3, so the GT3
    The thing is that the V8 Vantage is not the GT3, it's the GTE. The V12 Vantage is the GT3 one. =)

Right now it seems that the V8 Vantage GTE is possibly somewhat slower than the fastest GT3 class cars. The power and the weight, as well as top speeds etc. match up well with the real car, but I have my doubts about the aerodynamic efficiency being a bit off, a bit too little downforce compared to the drag it has, it simply can't corner quite as hard as the M3 GT (the other GTE car) or the Z4 GT3 or the G55 GT3, even though that is probably what it as a GTE car should do best. That isn't helped that in-game both GT3 and GTE cars all run the same level tyres, whereas in real life GTE cars tend to both have better tyres as well as more tyre options to choose from than GT3 cars, so the game skews even more against the Aston GTE.

Currently the top leaderboard time for the Aston V12 GT3 on Brno is 1:57.3, whereas the top time for the Aston V8 GTE is 1:59.8.
    Last edited by Jussi Viljami Karjalainen; 20-01-2016 at 22:19.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    XBOX1
    So downforce at 1/8 now and softened the rear sway bar a bit, impoved my line. I'm in the 59s now and low 59 and maybe with luck even high 58s are MAYBE possible. But I'm not really sure.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    The thing is that the V8 Vantage is not the GT3, it's the GTE. The V12 Vantage is the GT3 one. =)

Right now it seems that the V8 Vantage GTE is possibly somewhat slower than the fastest GT3 class cars. The power and the weight, as well as top speeds etc. match up well with the real car, but I have my doubts about the aerodynamic efficiency being a bit off, a bit too little downforce compared to the drag it has, it simply can't corner quite as hard as the M3 GT (the other GTE car) or the Z4 GT3 or the G55 GT3, even though that is probably what it as a GTE car should do best. That isn't helped that in-game both GT3 and GTE cars all run the same level tyres, whereas in real life GTE cars tend to both have better tyres as well as more tyre options to choose from than GT3 cars, so the game skews even more against the Aston GTE.

Currently the top leaderboard time for the Aston V12 GT3 on Brno is 1:57.3, whereas the top time for the Aston V8 GTE is 1:59.8.
    Ow sorry I was confused. I meant the V12 Vantage. Don't have the DLC. 1:57.3 is a really strong time and nowhere near possible for a pad driver I'm really sure about that. I'd add 1 second for a pad so somewhere in the 58s you are pretty damn fast for a pad driver I guess. So I'm quite happy with what I achieved in some practice laps. Gonna practice a bit more and try to nail the corners everytime and let's see what's possible. Thanks for the help guys I appreciate it! And if someone got any more tips for me just let me know

Platform
    PC
    Ah, so it is the V12 after all, gotcha. =)

As far as the DF goes, I found that the car has a fairly rear heavy bias in the DF if you're not careful, I got nearly the same aero balance with 0/0, 1/2 and 2/5 wings (around 43/57 front/rear), which is a bit behind the center of gravity of the car (basically: If the downforce center of pressure is in front of the CoG, the DF will generally make the car more oversteery at higher speeds, if it is behind it will generally make it more understeery at high speeds, and if it's close to the same or a bit behind the balance should remain about the same at all speeds). Any more rear DF just worked to make the DF more rear biased and the car more understeery at high speeds. Of course this depends on a lot of things at the end of the day, but you might want to see how a setting like 2/6 feels to you compared to the 1/8.

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    Ah, so it is the V12 after all, gotcha. =)

As far as the DF goes, I found that the car has a fairly rear heavy bias in the DF if you're not careful, I got nearly the same aero balance with 0/0, 1/2 and 2/5 wings (around 43/57 front/rear), which is a bit behind the center of gravity of the car (basically: If the downforce center of pressure is in front of the CoG, the DF will generally make the car more oversteery at higher speeds, if it is behind it will generally make it more understeery at high speeds, and if it's close to the same or a bit behind the balance should remain about the same at all speeds). Any more rear DF just worked to make the DF more rear biased and the car more understeery at high speeds. Of course this depends on a lot of things at the end of the day, but you might want to see how a setting like 2/6 feels to you compared to the 1/8.
    Tried the 2/6 thingy now, not really impressed. The 1/8 setup suited me a lot better and I'm faster with it. Thanks for the explanationen