Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: XBOX - Online Lobby's Disappearing from Lobby Browser List

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    232
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

    XBOX - Online Lobby's Disappearing from Lobby Browser List

    Since Thursday night my online lobby's have been disappearing from the Xbox lobby browser list despite them not being full.

    I'll set up a lobby and as usual some people will join and stay while others join for a race or two. There's usually people joining throughout the night. Since Thursday I've noticed that after 3 or 4 half hour events (15 mins quali and 5 lap race) people leave but no one joins. I then start to get messages from people asking me to invite them as they can see I'm online in multiplayer from my profile but can't see my lobby on the list. When I invite them it won't let them join.

    This has happened in the past a couple of times but since Thursday it has been happening several times night. I'm not sure if it's specific to Xbox as it seems to have coincided with when xbox went down on Wednesday night. I'm pretty sure it's not my internet as my NAT is open and my connection is good.

    Would be interested to know if anyone else is experiencing this on xbox, pc and ps4?

  2. #2
    Superkart Pilot SpeedFreakDTM's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    292
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've noticed this too.

    Sometimes I've forgot to change my car, and I'll leave the room to come back and use a another car, but the lobby isnt showin anymore. The host can invite me in, but it wont let me join.
    [PC]Intel 386 sx-16 [RAM]5x1mb SIMM [HDD] 40MB [GPU] VGA [Monitor] Elonex 17" CRT - SuperVGA [OS] DOS 6.22 / Windows 3.1 [Sound]Soundblaster 16
    [Xbox One]Console [CPU] 8 Core AMD custom CPU Frequency: 1.75 GHz [GPU]Clock Speed: 853 MHz(originally 800 MHz) Shader Cores: 768 Peak Throughput: 1.31 TFLOPS [RAM] 8GB DDR3 Clock: 2133MHz Bandwidth: 68.26 GB/s + 32MB eSRAM [Flash Memory]8GB Flash Memory [HDD] 500 GB Hard Drive 5400rpm [USB] 3.0 [TV] 22" Samsung SMART TV
    The following user likes this Post: NeonFlux


  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    232
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreakDTM View Post
    I've noticed this too.

    Sometimes I've forgot to change my car, and I'll leave the room to come back and use a another car, but the lobby isnt showin anymore. The host can invite me in, but it wont let me join.
    Yh, some of the people I race with have also noticed it. At least I know it's not just me. Guess this whittles it down to being a problem with xbox and/or the game itself.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I joined to reply
    I've had nothing but problems since patch 6 getting on line
    Hard reset sometimes bring up lobby's but when I join there all red and won't go any further ..
    My wifi often crashes if one of the kids is on wifi .
    I've been onto sky now since Xmas about my wifi problem , they must know me by voice now
    Anyway new sky hub /filters hard wired ect ect still the same some nights the lobby's are fine ,but not many nights
    Kept doing checks on Xbox to see my download speed ect daytime fine when there not many players on .night time 0.09
    I down loaded a app to check speeds from sky shore enough 16 m download
    I put my sons Xbox on with call off duty , run a check 9 ish m
    Put my Xbox on sign in 9/10 m know problem start the game hay ho 2 meg
    Bloody games robbing all my speed , I've checked it at least 2o times and still the same put on another online game back up to 9 m..
    I love racing on line spend nearly a month resetting router/ hard reset Xbox more hours than I've played the game ..
    I hoping pc2 has its own server or I will not be buying ,its a shame as I have a few top ten times and a couple of top three times in Dtm with no assist in car and love the game even with all the little glitches
    But this problem takes the piss ..

  5. #5
    WMD Member satco1066's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    1,250
    Platform
    PC
    sorry to say, but XBox games are connected to XBox Live.
    Will never have their own dedicated server.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/


  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    232
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrol r View Post
    I joined to reply
    I've had nothing but problems since patch 6 getting on line
    Hard reset sometimes bring up lobby's but when I join there all red and won't go any further ..
    My wifi often crashes if one of the kids is on wifi .
    I've been onto sky now since Xmas about my wifi problem , they must know me by voice now
    Anyway new sky hub /filters hard wired ect ect still the same some nights the lobby's are fine ,but not many nights
    Kept doing checks on Xbox to see my download speed ect daytime fine when there not many players on .night time 0.09
    I down loaded a app to check speeds from sky shore enough 16 m download
    I put my sons Xbox on with call off duty , run a check 9 ish m
    Put my Xbox on sign in 9/10 m know problem start the game hay ho 2 meg
    Bloody games robbing all my speed , I've checked it at least 2o times and still the same put on another online game back up to 9 m..
    I love racing on line spend nearly a month resetting router/ hard reset Xbox more hours than I've played the game ..
    I hoping pc2 has its own server or I will not be buying ,its a shame as I have a few top ten times and a couple of top three times in Dtm with no assist in car and love the game even with all the little glitches
    But this problem takes the piss ..
    Xbox recommend a minimum download speed of 3mb for online play so that may be part of the problem if yours is dropping to 2mb (although I have no idea why that is only happening when you play pcars).

    Your NAT setting will also affect your ability to join lobbys so it may be worth checking that yours is open. If it's strict you'll need to reset the console. Some people have had a problem with their NAT going strict since the xbox dashboard update back in November - there's a few threads about this on the xbox support forum.

    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying pcars doesn't have problems but I don't think xbox one handles online as well as the 360 did. I suspect the problem I describe above may be more xbox related than game related.

    I hope you get your issue sorted and get to enjoy the game

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    39
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonFlux View Post
    Xbox recommend a minimum download speed of 3mb for online play so that may be part of the problem if yours is dropping to 2mb (although I have no idea why that is only happening when you play pcars).

    Your NAT setting will also affect your ability to join lobbys so it may be worth checking that yours is open. If it's strict you'll need to reset the console. Some people have had a problem with their NAT going strict since the xbox dashboard update back in November - there's a few threads about this on the xbox support forum.

    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying pcars doesn't have problems but I don't think xbox one handles online as well as the 360 did. I suspect the problem I describe above may be more xbox related than game related.

    I hope you get your issue sorted and get to enjoy the game
    It's the game every other game I run online works every time
    This did till patch 6 !! so since day before release fine on line
    I have plenty of Meg as I said before the game goes on fine 9 / 10 m
    All my other games fine when running online goes to 9 m easy put project cars on , robs the lot
    My internet never crashes unless I put this game on ..
    All my setting are fine on my router I've done everything and his dog to find why it crashes and it's this game
    There's a few more post about saying no lobby's showing or joining and it has the track/car you was playing before
    You joined ..

Similar Threads

  1. (PS4)Custom Online Lobby Settings (Make Racing Wheels a Lobby Setting)
    By Senna_A in forum PS4 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 28-02-2016, 22:14
  2. Crash when joining an online lobby. XBOX ONE
    By Blackers722 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-06-2015, 14:46
  3. Where is the lobby list in online search ? ? ? ?
    By ivrj in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 31-05-2015, 20:58
  4. Lobby list
    By GOONiE in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15-05-2015, 18:12
  5. Xbox One - Online Lobby
    By DirtyViper in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-05-2015, 18:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •