Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Ignition - Start Engine" with a Button Box - help please!

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomcul View Post
    The cars have usually done a warmup lap before the race tho so you would expect the car to be running when sitting on the start grid.
    Wouldn't make sense to do a warmup lap then line up for start and switch the car off only to have to start it up again for the lights..
    You are absolutely right. So only when exiting pit for a qualif or practice session...
    The following user likes this Post: Tomcul

Platform
    PC
    Yeah but if you have a big red button to press you want to use it. It's also one of the coolest sounds when you fire up the engine
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Fre.Mo, Warren1571

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hargreaves View Post
    Yeah but if you have a big red button to press you want to use it. It's also one of the coolest sounds when you fire up the engine
    True that. I went quite giddy when I sat in a customer's DB9 and he fired up the engine . If it weren't so bad for the car, I'd have been happy to sit there doing that for an hour. Such a beautiful noise . It's a pity the engine start sounds were never implemented but I guess, like many things, there wasn't a way of implementing them properly within the timeframe.
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    True that. I went quite giddy when I sat in a customer's DB9 and he fired up the engine . If it weren't so bad for the car, I'd have been happy to sit there doing that for an hour. Such a beautiful noise . It's a pity the engine start sounds were never implemented but I guess, like many things, there wasn't a way of implementing them properly within the timeframe.
    Yeah, the sound of almost any supercar cranking over is a sensational noise indeed!

I'm not sure if it has previously been suggested but it would be awesome if they could properly implement the engine start sequence and sounds in PCars 2 (or even better still in a patch for PCars 1). I know a lot of people are using Button Boxes now, so it would be a really immersive feature to be added.

I'm going to get on tonight and try and stall a car and at least then I can at least press the big red shiny start button at least once
    | Sony PS4 Pro | Sony 60" Bravia | Thrustmaster T500RS + Leather 28 GT Rim / Ferrari F1 rim + TH8A Shifter | Playseat Evolution | Dual Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Astro A40 Gen 2 Headset | Ignition Controls Button Box | PCars Dash, SimDash & Crew Chief | Hahn Super Dry 3.5 |

Cockpit View with no HUD is how I roll | Clean Racing Only |

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren1571 View Post
    I'm going to get on tonight and try and stall a car and at least then I can at least press the big red shiny start button at least once
    Just switch the ignition to 'Off' at any time as that kills the engine, then you'll have plenty opportunities to press that red button.

I switch it off quite often if I want to get back to the pits on critically low fuel.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba
    The following user likes this Post: Warren1571