Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why isn't Time Trial more popular?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Question Why isn't Time Trial more popular?

Not been on PCars for a few months, had a quick go on Time Trial in a Caterham SP/300.r around Donington National, and after 20 ish laps I'm number 1 on the leaderboard, so I look down the board and there's only 22 other times that have been set?

Same story for the following, these are times I set months ago:

Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP - Formula Rookie, I'm 6th out of 50
    Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya National - Formula Rookie, I'm 24th out of 61

I would have thought that by now all the leaderboards would have been absolutely full of times regardless of how popular any given car/track combo is. Maybe the regular community events are where people spend their time?
    | OS Win 10 64bit | CPU Intel I7-4790k @ 4.6GHz | GPU EVGA 980ti FTW | CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | SSD 2x Samsung | PSU Corsair HX1000w | Wheel Fanatec GT2 + Clubsport V1 | Monitor 34" Ultrawide Acer X34A 3440x1440 |
    The following user likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci

Platform
    PC
    There was a leaderboard wipe a few months back that turned people off.

Track limits needed refinement; were a mess at the start with people trimming corners.

Stand alone mode for TT keeps the count down; I came from FM where leaderboard times can be set in almost all game modes.

Community Event times update the leaderboard.

For myself, I love to TT/leaderboard. Also love to race. The racing in pcars (AI or multiplayer) is leaps and bounds one of the best part of the game. Has kept my time in TT way down compared to other racers.

*Opinion
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci, Mad LL

Platform
    PC
    For me the biggest reason not doing TT so much is that you canīt filter the different type of cars, If you look at GT, first +-300 spots are made with Mclaren Longtail. No other GT car stand a chance.
    Great VR Performance Guide by QWASZX for Project Cars 2 here:

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Arthur Ritus, Grantpoole, Innerspace_HQ, maxpainpayne, ports, Ramagon, Sum Dixon-Ear

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    There was a leaderboard wipe a few months back that turned people off.

Track limits needed refinement; were a mess at the start with people trimming corners.

Stand alone mode for TT keeps the count down; I came from FM where leaderboard times can be set in almost all game modes.

Community Event times update the leaderboard.

For myself, I love to TT/leaderboard. Also love to race. The racing in pcars (AI or multiplayer) is leaps and bounds one of the best part of the game. Has kept my time in TT way down compared to other racers.

*Opinion
    Yeah that makes sense, I also came from Forza (3 & 4) where it was pretty cool that your TT times were logged in any game mode. And that's a valid point about the AI being good (I've not even tried multiplayer as it's usually not a fun experience on driving games). Personally I usually just do custom race weekends and when I find a car/track combo I like I head over to TT to see how fast I really am, just a shame it's quite baron as there's clearly 1000's of people who will be faster than me (as very rarely even play PCars at all so can't be that good) but I just don't get to race against them.
    | OS Win 10 64bit | CPU Intel I7-4790k @ 4.6GHz | GPU EVGA 980ti FTW | CPU Cooler CM Hyper 212 EVO | Mobo MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | SSD 2x Samsung | PSU Corsair HX1000w | Wheel Fanatec GT2 + Clubsport V1 | Monitor 34" Ultrawide Acer X34A 3440x1440 |

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post
    For me the biggest reason not doing TT so much is that you canīt filter the different type of cars, If you look at GT, first +-300 spots are made with Mclaren Longtail. No other GT car stand a chance.
    I don't get you, whenever I view TT leaderboards I can choose any car/track combo to look at the times for? Like this:

Last edited by Ripgroove; 22-01-2016 at 16:32.
    The following user likes this Post: artao

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    This is key for me, I have also come from Forza (Via GT and AC) and Forza implementation of leaderboards is one of the absolute best aspects of the game in my opinion. Standalone TT still has a place for providing optimum conditions and a clean distraction free track for those truly pushing the limits of what a car and track can do but in favour of fleshing out leaderboards more and engendering a much better sense of accomplishment from reaching the top I would love to see pCARS implement a Forza like system whereby any valid lap that didn't include more than X (0 usually) of draft advantage or contact would wind up on the leaderboard regardless of game mode it was set in.

I would also love to see things like overall leaderboards as well, Forza had a great system whereby there were leaderboards for car/track, car/class(your best from the class), track/overall(combined times from every car in game, any combo without a time set was left as a nominal 10 mins or something), class/overall (combined times from every track in game in a given class) and total TT (every car, every track combined). People going for some of the bigger overall results were big community talking points and it was a really nice extra to have.
    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website
    Steam :
    Pamellaaa
    My Rig:T500RS w/ Load Cell Brake Pedal, 599XX Rim, TH8A Shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB), Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980, Sandisk 480GB SSD, WD Green 2TB HDD, Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, 5.1 Separates System, Windows 10 Pro
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci, Mad LL

Platform
    PS4
    The player base seems to be much smaller, especially compared to the big console titles even the community events and SMS-R stuff indicate this as well, in this game I'm fighting for a top 30 position, go to GT6 and it's more like top 250 with a similar difference in lap time from the faster guy to me...

Populating the less popular leaderboards was always going to take a long time!

Using the individual classes (Not the broad all encompassing classes used on console) would be a better way to go, but this usually results in a single car dominating. The console version clearly demonstrates thIs due to the massive performance between gap, the AMG DTM and the Clio Cup are in the same Touring Class on console.

Adding some fixed car challenges works as well, examples picked out of thin air would be GT3 @ Nurburgring Nordschleife, LMP1 @ Le Mans, something that the car and track are associated with, you get the drift

I like the pure separate TT mode and it is the best fit for this title where track condition impacts performance, allowing laps from other modes (like Forza) potential unbalances the level playing field.
    The following user likes this Post: Leonardo Da Vinci

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripgroove View Post
    I don't get you, whenever I view TT leaderboards I can choose any car/track combo to look at the times for? Like this:

I am on console(s), no can do.

Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / P1 / ClubSport V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / XBox X / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64 CU1709

Platform
    PC
    This is how it looks like on consoles, every GT-car in one chart, and top 300 long tail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MessengerApp_20160122_190822.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	225760

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post
    This is how it looks like on consoles, every GT-car in one chart, and top 300 long tail.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MessengerApp_20160122_190822.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	225760
    Oh I see, my bad, I didn't know that. That actually sucks, what's the point in doing it like that?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Boskapongen, Innerspace_HQ, Sum Dixon-Ear