Thread: Community Challenges/Time Trials

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Community Challenges/Time Trials

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere, but I am a little disappointed with the way the leaderboards are for Community Challenges & Time Trials.

I may not be the fastest, but I consider myself a reasonably competent player. With that in mind I like to test myself in the challenges etc, much like the excellent rivals mode in the Forza games.
    My main gripe is that unlike Forza, times can be set with driving aids on but not show that fact in the leaderboards. For example, having ABS or TC on in Forza shows next to your time.
    Is this something that is going to be implemented at all?
    I enjoy playing this 'sim' the way it should be, without driver aids, but just feel a bit disheartened not knowing whether I am trying to beat a time set with driving aids.

Other than that, I am enjoying this game which I feel has come on in leaps and bounds since it's initial shaky realease.
    The following user likes this Post: Fractured Life

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I run no assist in/car view and your right it needs to be shown
    PC has it and looking at some of the top times on tracks I play with no assist is much closer to what I can do
    Tis nice knowing I run with nothing and can get good top ten times ,and IF I can get online watching all the fast names come into the room then leave straight away when they cant have all the aids that drive the car for them
    But tbh has been the same since toca 3 when you had a choice of sim or not

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Exactly. I always play in car with no assists too, it is supposed to be a sim after all.
    I just can't bring myself to put aids on to get higher up the board, it just seems false.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I agree, the driver aids need to be turned off by default, a fast lap with no aids is the only way to get a true feeling of who is fastest.
    it needs to be fixed in cockpit view, no ABS, no stability assist, no steering assist, nothing. the only one I would allow is auto gears, but the sim should highlight this is the results so I know who was using them or not.
    I agree all these should be an option in game, but if you are stating a sim racer, leader board challenge then do it properly, run a side by side event but you must highlight which of the driver aids is being used.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Racing393 View Post
    I agree, the driver aids need to be turned off by default, a fast lap with no aids is the only way to get a true feeling of who is fastest.
    it needs to be fixed in cockpit view, no ABS, no stability assist, no steering assist, nothing. the only one I would allow is auto gears, but the sim should highlight this is the results so I know who was using them or not.
    I agree all these should be an option in game, but if you are stating a sim racer, leader board challenge then do it properly, run a side by side event but you must highlight which of the driver aids is being used.
    All of you are claiming that Pcars is a sim. Why not simulating the real assists of the real cars then to make it really sim-like?
    And why auto gears and not manual shifting with clutch? Is that too much sim for you?
    GT the same as my username

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    With reference to cars that have TC etc in the real world, most people would turn them off during competition/track days anyway, so for the purpose of the challenges etc, I feel they should be turned off.

I think what 'Racing393' means about auto gears is, as in Forza, those who are using them shows this on the leaderboards.

Banned
    Platform
    XBOX1
    To me if the car /class races with no Tc and i alike then dont use it
    Don't see any off the formula cars with abs in the real world
    I do run manual gears but the cars are normally race have paddle gear change so a gear lever is no use
    I don't mind racing with others with it on but I just want to see on time trails ect other times with no assist on ..

Platform
    XBOX1
    Much Laughs in this thread.

Some real life race cars portrayed in game have certain assists on as standard for racing for any number of reasons, some cars really are just too lairy to be able to concentrate on keeping it on the track for a couple of hours stint (...IN REAL LIFE, WITH YOUR ACTUAL LIFE ON THE LINE, WITH REAL SOLIDITY ABOUT THE REAL WALLS AND REAL TREES...)

Auto Gears are lazy.

But yeah, it should be displayed what Assists were enabled for a particular lap.
    Last edited by Fractured Life; 25-01-2016 at 12:55.
    My Racing Simulation System: TV, XBOX, PAD, CHAIR, SPLIFF.