Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buttonbox, wich one to buy?

Platform
    PS4

Buttonbox, wich one to buy?

I want to buy my self a buttonbox next to my t500rs.
    Now i see more then one and hopfully there are people with buttonboxes who can advice me.
    And btw, how does a buttonbox get mouted end connected?

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I would just buy the nicest one that you can afford/justify the expense for.

As for mounting; that depends on your set-up/rig/type of button box etc etc. I used the gear shift bracket for my Fanatec wheelstand, bolted a small speaker bracket to it then attached the button box with 3M adhesive Velcro... you will have to come up with the best solution for your needs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0676.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	226016
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goeiste View Post
    I want to buy my self a buttonbox next to my t500rs.
    Now i see more then one and hopfully there are people with buttonboxes who can advice me.
    And btw, how does a buttonbox get mouted end connected?
    Since your profile says PS4, you can either built one yourself or buy one from IgnitionControls. These are great and work on console as well as on PC. AFAIK the only brand that has BB's for console use.
    Connected ? Just plug the USB and assign controls in the in-game menu.
    Mounted ? whichever way is suitable for you. The IgnitionControl boxes have four screw holes on the backside, ready to get attached to a mount.

http://www.ignitioncontrols.com
    Last edited by Fanapryde; 18-09-2016 at 06:41.
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    There's also a guy who sells PS4 BBs on eBay.
    Savoury69 - Fanatec CSLE-PS4/ClubSport F1 2018 Rim/ClubSport V3 Pedals - Samsung QE65Q8CNATXXU - Saor Alba

Platform
    PS4
    +1 for the Ignition Controls button box: Here is the original thread with the Ram Mount/Button Box info, and specifically about mounting options: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ton-box/page32

And here is a cut and paste from a post I made for another thread. The ignition controls box is great, especially since there are a lot of choices to map buttons for PCars.

"I received my Ignition Controls button box (model PS4/PC NB-1) and it's great! My problem was that others said it was drilled for a Ram Mount, so I went out and bought the mount (see page 32, post #319 of this thread). When I received the box, it wouldn't match up with the mounting holes. I went to a home center and picked up a plastic wall guard that is used to prevent door knobs from hitting the wall. It is self-adhesive, but I still used two M4 bolts just to be safe. I then used gel-type super glue to attach the mount to the wall guard that was stuck to the back of the button box. That way if I get a new rig I can move the button box and remove the mounting plate (wall guard). The Ram Mount has great adjustibility.

Since I was messing with my T150 and Wheelstand Pro, I decided to also mount an iPad so I can use the pcars dash app. I used this mount: Talent iClaw Mic or Music Stand Holder for Apple iPad from Parts Express and it works great:

http://www.parts-express.com/talent-...-ipad--233-048

So now on the left side I have my button box and on the right I have my iPad attached to the Wheelstand Pro. I can use the pcars dash app, surf for car tuning info or check the football score or live motorsports coverage all without having to leave my race seat."
    Last edited by GUTTER-BOY; 26-01-2016 at 12:59.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    + 1 ignition boxes

Name:	IMG_328.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	228.4 KB 
ID:	226066

Name:	IMG_329.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	226067

Name:	IMG_330.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	233.8 KB 
ID:	226068
    Last edited by SUBGTRACER; 26-01-2016 at 23:08.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    We do a PS4 native button box with a smartphone / iPad holder with a headlight flasher (Flash to Pass / FTP) option

http://www.gamehound.com.au/vbox-pro.html

It has Ram Mount mounting holes on the rear for use with PlaySeat products or you can obviously Ram mount to anything else.

Platform
    PS4
    Thank you all for the suggestions.
    I will go for the 2014 DSD Race King

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Does it work with ps4 ?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by goeiste View Post
    Thank you all for the suggestions.
    I will go for the 2014 DSD Race King
    Good luck buying a PC ...
    DSD boxes (nice as they are) do NOT work on consoles !!
    Sim-Lab P1 rig with integrated triple monitor brackets, Logitech Z906 5.1, OSW Simucube small Mige - BissC encoder / SSRG Custom wheel / Fanatec CSW shifter / Heusinkveld Ultimate pedals / Heusinkveld SQ shifter / ignitIONControls R1 button box. Creative 7.1 soundcard (x2) / 3 BENQ XL2720Z 144 Hz 27" PC: ASUS Pro Series - Intel i7 4790 (8x 4GHz) - Win10Pro - nVidia GTX 1080 ti - 16 GB ddr3 - SSD 256 GB / / RS Dash