Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Advice required which PC would you choose (if any)?

Platform
    PC
    Just a thought: with Windows and as few Program Files on C:/ as absolutely necessary, I'm nearly maxed on my own 128Gb SSD and currently shopping for a new one. You may want to push that envelope a little bigger.
    ...because simcar

Rig: Intel i7-8770k @ 3.7GHz | MSI Z370 GAMING M5 | MSI GTX1080ti GAMING 11G | G.SKILL TridentZ 32Gb DDR4 | NZXT H400 case w/ Kraken x62 AIO cooler | Oculus Rift CV1 | LG 34UC88-B ultrawide (3440x1440 @ 60Hz) | Windows 10 Pro

Gear: Fanatec CSW v2.5 w/ Universal Hub, Clubsport GT rim | Fanatec CSR Elite pedals & shifter
    The following user likes this Post: JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    Just a thought: with Windows and as few Program Files on C:/ as absolutely necessary, I'm nearly maxed on my own 128Gb SSD and currently shopping for a new one. You may want to push that envelope a little bigger.
    Advice I got from here when building my pc: Whatever storage space your looking at now...double it.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by eracerhead View Post
    I've Win8 and the most essential programs on the 120GB SSD that I have and I'm sitting at 50% of free space. Everything else is on my 2TB HDD (WD Green) and I'm happy with that.
    There's no "I" in "team", but there's a "we" in "weapon".
    --- 5% Club member --- former TGC member and steward --- RSR member --- Steam Name: Mortimer8701 ---
    Gigabyte H77-D3H | Intel Xeon E3-1245v2 (4x3.4GHz) | Inno3D GeForce 970 iChill X4 Air Boss (4GB[-0.5GB]) | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Win 8 Pro x64 | Thrustmaster T500 RS /w F1 rim | HTC Vive
    System Drive: Sandisk Extreme 120GB | Storage drive: WD Green 2TB (pCARS space) | Case: Coolermaster HAF 912 Plus | Power supply: Corsair GS600

TIP: If you post your system details in your signature, you will help make it easier to identify potential hardware/driver related issues.
    To edit your signature, click Control Panel (top right corner) and in your control panel, look under the My Settings header on the left for Edit Signature.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kulinski View Post
    I've Win8 and the most essential programs on the 120GB SSD that I have and I'm sitting at 50% of free space. Everything else is on my 2TB HDD (WD Green) and I'm happy with that.
    SSDs are getting so cheap now I would recommend going for at least 256GB in a build like this.
    Last edited by Pamellaaa; 26-01-2016 at 23:35.
    Founder Member of Revolution Sim Racing - Forum Thread - Website
    Steam :
    Pamellaaa
    My Rig:T500RS w/ Load Cell Brake Pedal, 599XX Rim, TH8A Shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, i7-3770K @ 4.3GHz, 16GB DDR3 RAM (2x8GB), Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX980, Sandisk 480GB SSD, WD Green 2TB HDD, Panasonic 42" Plasma TV, 5.1 Separates System, Windows 10 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, poirqc

Platform
    PC
    Trust me, you don't need technical knowledge to put your own together. It's easier than Lego. Everything has it's own slot or plug, everything is pretty much labled, and nearly everything goes in 1 way.

If needed, look up some assembly tutorials on Youtube, theres loads of them.

EDIT: Also, all of those PCs you listed have i7 processors. Unless you plan to do things that need hyperthreading, you don't need it, and no game (right now at least) actually utilizes what an i7 can do. An i5 would do the job just fine.
    Last edited by Azure Flare; 27-01-2016 at 00:20.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Hi, @JohnSchoonsBeard!

Buy the HP ENVY Phoenix 860-008na Desktop PC
    1349 ALL THE WAY!!

I'm quite a professional when it comes to PCs. And the HP ENVY Phoenix 860-008na is your MOST obvious choice. Since it has The Nvidia GTX980Ti. And that's pretty much ALL you need to care about when buying a PC for gaming in general, and a graphics card capable of running latest video games on 4K (Ultra HD). The graphics card should be the 1st priority and most expensive piece of hardware in your PC, as long as video gaming is concerned.

Platform
    PC
    You could build a monster PC for a lot less. Like most have said there are a ton of videos for a build. As for a a graphics card goes go with GTX980Ti and a monitor that runs 144HZ
    not 60HZ. IMO 1080 is better at 144HZ that 4K at 60HZ. Just me. I run 3 monitors but, Project Cars does not support them so it's stretched.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, JohnSchoonsBeard

Platform
    PS4
    Guys, JohnSchoonsBeard is talking about potentially running Oculus Rift. Assume the GTX980Ti would support that?

Also, would 4K triples be better option than the resolution/immersion you'd get with a VR headset that blanks off viewing your dash apps and steering wheel buttons?

I'm only asking as I thinking to upgrade to PC from PS4 myself.
    We'll grind that axe for a long time... Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott, August 20 August 1966 8 December 2004
    Chi Ling Dai Cheng, 15 July 1970 13 April 2013
    Henry John Surtees, 18 February 1991 - 19 July 2009
    PSN: DiamondEyes179

Platform
    PC
    A GTX 970 or an R9 290 is the minimum to run an Oculus Rift. Since a GTX 980 Ti is a fair amount more badass than the 970, it's a better choice to run it.
    "Racing, competing, is in my blood. It's part of me, it's part of my life; I've been doing it all of my life. And it stands up before anything else." - Ayrton Senna

Steam l PC specs

Platform
    PC
    My advice is always to buy the best GPU you can, even if it means saving for another week or two to afford it. It will save you money in the long run.
    r5 2600X | Asus RX Vega 56 Strix | 16GB RAM | Fanatec CSL Elite + CSP V3 + TH8A shifter | Next Level Racing Wheel Stand