Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 58

Thread: DLC vs Project Cars2

  1. #1
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC

    DLC vs Project Cars2

    Hi,

    I am not an expert racer and I must admit that I think project cars is a fantastic game with nearly everything you can expect from a perfect racing game. When I bought it I was struggeling between Assetto Corsa and Project Cars and I am still happy I choose for project cars.

    In the last days I have been looking around a bit in the forum because I wondered what to expect to come as DLC. Actually in some cases I am a bit shocked by the way that project cars 2 seems to take big influence of how the future DLC might look like. Let me explain a few things I do not understand and it would be great what others think about that.

    First I read that there might be content planned for PC1 which is going to be used as new features in PC2. Now why should I buy a second game to get this content? Really I bought PC1 as a game, I have all the DLC packs, so honestely I have already paid the price for two games to get the content I have now. I can understand that people get mad when there is talk that features planned in project cars are transferred to a new version. When it comes to tracks what I see is as following,

    Nearly everything which was planned is in the game except:

    1) some classic tracks, I truly understand that in those cases there where licensing issues or the tracks where too time intensive to produce, okay, would be great they had come, but if it does not work, well not everything can be perfect

    2) mugello, yes it seems a license problem as far as I can read that, okay, nobody can change that

    3) ovals, there seems to be a problem with the AI strategies, okay that's technical and might not make that possible

    but now I get to the point

    4) ovals with infield should work or not? I mean some Mojave tracks are like Oval with infield part. I have seen some pics of Daytona and charlotte on youtube from early builds. So why not publish those. It is no true oval, so AI should not make the difference. And if licensing is a problem, Suzuka is in the game without licensing as well. So whats the point of not doing 2 or 3 of those ovals with infield? I would buy it!

    Okay, they do not want to tell what is still coming, I do not understand that at all. I mean at the point where the DLC to come are limited, why not give people the idea what is still ahead. In my opinion holding back this info and at the same time discuss which features are to be switched to PC2 is not the best way to earn sympathy by those who have always been fans of this game. It smells more like not being honest to push people to buy PC2 and that is something they should not do because some people like me would then rather choose another game or not buy another race game at all.

    I can understand that money has to be earned, I understand that project cars 2 has to be beter, but do not treat us as children, tell us what to expect to come or what your plans are. We can then like that or not, but we do not get the impression that we have not been told or somebody was not honest.

    So far a great game, hope that the makers are going to finish the way they started with this game, to make users like it and be happy with what they bought.

    gtz michael
    The following 3 users likes this Post: artao, casscroute, Razocharovaniye


  2. #2
    WMD Member Shinzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,263
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by pgapro View Post
    Okay, they do not want to tell what is still coming, I do not understand that at all. I mean at the point where the DLC to come are limited, why not give people the idea what is still ahead. In my opinion holding back this info and at the same time discuss which features are to be switched to PC2 is not the best way to earn sympathy by those who have always been fans of this game. It smells more like not being honest to push people to buy PC2 and that is something they should not do because some people like me would then rather choose another game or not buy another race game at all.

    I can understand that money has to be earned, I understand that project cars 2 has to be beter, but do not treat us as children, tell us what to expect to come or what your plans are. We can then like that or not, but we do not get the impression that we have not been told or somebody was not honest.
    You can't be dishonest by being silent. Any perceived dishonesty is on the part of the person who is distrusting of the motives of others.

    When SMS is transparent and plans change - Omg u lied to us !!!1111oneoneone horrible developer i want refand ogmwtfbbq im not rly 12 guise i swor
    When SMS is silent - Developer is dishonest because of my feelings and inability to understand that sometimes, things change.

    If you want the content, get the content. If you don't want the content, do not get the content. It really is this simple. They don't have to talk about it before it comes out. And the times they had, and schedules change or something in the content changes they've faced substantial abuse from users over it.

    Features are being moved to Pcars2 because this game has been out for several months. It's unreasonable in this gaming environment to expect a game as part of a franchise to just continue to support the same game and same platform for years and years. At some point it's "We have done a significant amount but now it's just time to move on to our other projects."

    Ovals/Rovals probably aren't coming.
    Mugello probably isn't coming.

    It doesn't matter if they work or not.

    And how can a developer "Push" people to buy a game that's in development and not current open to any early access methods? At best they can "Push" people to WAIT for the release of pcars2.

    Which is exactly what they *want* and *have* to do. Considering this is a product they are making.

    What you do then is your own problem.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

    Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

    SteamID:Shin321
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JessicaWalter, Konan


  3. #3
    WMD Member John Hargreaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,190
    Platform
    PC
    pCars2 is a massive engine rewrite with a ton of new features that the current version of the engine wasn't able to manage. Pretty soon they will start teasing the first of those and when it finally comes out in a couple of years you can make up your own mind whether it's worth it or not.
    i7-7700K/GigaByte RTX 2080/Win10 64bit/32Gb RAM/Asus Xonar DX+Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro headphones/LG 34" UM65 @2560x1080/Oculus CV1/HP Reverb/Logitech G29+G25 shifter/DSD P2 button box

    WMD1 + WMD2 Member
    The following 8 users likes this Post: eracerhead, Henrique Clausing, IJerichoI, Ixoye56, Konan, rocho, seb02, TexasTyme214


  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    949
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    You can't be dishonest by being silent. Any perceived dishonesty is on the part of the person who is distrusting of the motives of others.

    When SMS is transparent and plans change - Omg u lied to us !!!1111oneoneone horrible developer i want refand ogmwtfbbq im not rly 12 guise i swor
    When SMS is silent - Developer is dishonest because of my feelings and inability to understand that sometimes, things change.

    If you want the content, get the content. If you don't want the content, do not get the content. It really is this simple. They don't have to talk about it before it comes out. And the times they had, and schedules change or something in the content changes they've faced substantial abuse from users over it.

    Features are being moved to Pcars2 because this game has been out for several months. It's unreasonable in this gaming environment to expect a game as part of a franchise to just continue to support the same game and same platform for years and years. At some point it's "We have done a significant amount but now it's just time to move on to our other projects."

    Ovals/Rovals probably aren't coming.
    Mugello probably isn't coming.

    It doesn't matter if they work or not.

    And how can a developer "Push" people to buy a game that's in development and not current open to any early access methods? At best they can "Push" people to WAIT for the release of pcars2.

    Which is exactly what they *want* and *have* to do. Considering this is a product they are making.

    What you do then is your own problem.
    Indianapolis ? Annunced on website

  5. #5
    WMD Member Shinzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,263
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    Indianapolis ? Annunced on website
    In what year?
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

    Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

    SteamID:Shin321

  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    949
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    In what year?
    here
    http://www.wmdportal.com/projects/cars/

    Slightly Mad Studios is very excited to announce a major new addition to Project CARS as the world-renowned Indianapolis 500 Mile Race will be featured in the WMD-powered racing title.

    First held in 1911, the Indianapolis 500 is the world’s longest-running motor race and “The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.” Each year, 33 drivers compete for their place in victory lane, racing 200 laps in high-powered open wheelers.
    The following user likes this Post: NemethR


  7. #7
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC
    Features are being moved to Pcars2 because this game has been out for several months. It's unreasonable in this gaming environment to expect a game as part of a franchise to just continue to support the same game and same platform for years and years. At some point it's "We have done a significant amount but now it's just time to move on to our other projects."

    Ovals/Rovals probably aren't coming.
    Mugello probably isn't coming.

    It doesn't matter if they work or not.

    And how can a developer "Push" people to buy a game that's in development and not current open to any early access methods? At best they can "Push" people to WAIT for the release of pcars2.

    Which is exactly what they *want* and *have* to do. Considering this is a product they are making.

    What you do then is your own problem.

    Sorry that I did criticize something, but the reaction to me is not that customer friendly as I would expect it to be. I am working in a customer based sector for more than 20 years running a professional business with people really asking for good customer service, but "what you do then is your problem", sorry, but that is something I have never tolerated to tell a customer.
    I would not have expected such a massive sort of answer, to be honest, information like that is so useless that this forum does not really make a sense then anymore.

    This is written by a customer who really liked the game upto the point that he gets the impression that after several months and several dollars further he is not interesting anymore to the people as long as he does not buy the next version.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: artao, Cornflex, Paulo Ribeiro, Razocharovaniye


  8. #8
    Kart Driver
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    27
    Platform
    PC
    Ah and by the way, I have never said somebody has lied to us, but saying nothing sometimes over one thing and at the same time announcing something else is the same, or gives the same impression.

  9. #9
    WMD Member Shinzah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,263
    Platform
    PC
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	226032

    That's a long time ago.

    I can already say that the information in the article isn't accurate to this title unless a question I recently asked Ian about the project cars career mode had some communication barrier. Ian said there was no current plans for more career mode content to be added via DLC. The article states that the Indy 500 content would be integral in the career mode.

    Things change.
    Self Proclaimed Captain of the WMD Debate team. Unofficial WMD spellchecker. I once corrected The Stig!

    Gaming System ASUS FX502VM Gaming Laptop
    7700HQ i7
    6gb 1060 GTX
    8GB DDR4L
    1TB 7200RPM Primary HDD
    1TB WD Passport Backup HDD
    Wheels: Fanatec GT3 RS V2 (RIP) Logitech Driving Force GT (RIP)
    Thrustmaster T150 Ferrari Edition
    CSR Elite Pedals
    Xbox One Controller

    SteamID:Shin321

  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    949
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	226032

    That's a long time ago.

    I can already say that the information in the article isn't accurate to this title unless a question I recently asked Ian about the project cars career mode had some communication barrier. Ian said there was no current plans for more career mode content to be added via DLC. The article states that the Indy 500 content would be integral in the career mode.

    Things change.
    I only talked about indianapolis track not career mode

Similar Threads

  1. Funding for project cars2?!
    By vglnte102 in forum Project CARS on Xbox One
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 23-07-2019, 11:50
  2. Project Cars: Ginetta GT4 Round 2: Project League Racing
    By DEMPS151 in forum The Driver Network - Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-07-2015, 09:35
  3. Project Cars: Ginetta GT4 Round 1: Project League Racing
    By DEMPS151 in forum The Driver Network - Screenshots & Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-06-2015, 23:55
  4. Will Project Morpheus be utilized in Project Cars 2 as well?
    By SergioCosmopolis in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 26-06-2015, 19:13
  5. Any Project Cars/Project Morpheus at E3?
    By SergioCosmopolis in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 22-06-2015, 14:02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •