Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: List of the cars with their electronic assists

The list says what electronic assists and what stuff can be adjusted by the driver in real life. The Zonda R doesn't have SC.

However, there are some cars made by the SMS for which I have to use the cockpit view to see what can be adjusted and what not.
    The Ruf fictional racing cars are the main example: they don't exist in real life.
    The CTR3 SMS-R is meant to go against the Zonda R, but I don't know if the car has the ABS and if this is adjustable: there aren't buttons or knobs named after it in the cockpit.
    The RGT8 GT3 is a GT3 car, but don't have TC and I don't see a pit limiter button in the steering wheel.
    The real car for which I had difficulties finding infos is the Lykan, because there are only few cockpit pics in the web and not a single review apparently. I know there is ABS, but I don't know if this can adjusted or turned off in real life. There are two switches in the central console: one that seems to be called SC OFF and another one that is named TC+SC OFF. So probably the driver can turn off the SC alone or the TC and SC together.
    Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 - AMD FX 8320E @4GHz - Kingston 16GB 1866 MHz - EVGA GTX 750 TI SC 2GB - Enermax 385W Pro82+ - Asus Xonar DG - Headphones Creative Aurvana Live - Win 7 x64 - X360 controller

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    The list says what electronic assists and what stuff can be adjusted by the driver in real life. The Zonda R doesn't have SC.

However, there are some cars made by the SMS for which I have to use the cockpit view to see what can be adjusted and what not.
    The Ruf fictional racing cars are the main example: they don't exist in real life.
    The CTR3 SMS-R is meant to go against the Zonda R, but I don't know if the car has the ABS and if this is adjustable: there aren't buttons or knobs named after it in the cockpit.
    The RGT8 GT3 is a GT3 car, but don't have TC and I don't see a pit limiter button in the steering wheel.
    The real car for which I had difficulties finding infos is the Lykan, because there are only few cockpit pics in the web and not a single review apparently. I know there is ABS, but I don't know if this can adjusted or turned off in real life. There are two switches in the central console: one that seems to be called SC OFF and another one that is named TC+SC OFF. So probably the driver can turn off the SC alone or the TC and SC together.
    Pro tip: Set your assists to "real" switch to external view and check out the assist symbols in the HUD. Alternatively check out the PCARS setup database and click on the info button for available assists.
    The RUF RGT8 GT3 does have TC btw.

This will only help you with the available assists ingame though.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

And the setup database infos say the Zonda R has SC, instead the car doesn't have it in real life. And the same goes for the Zonda Cinque.

Anyway, for the Ruf racing cars I can use the Setup database data, but for some assists in the cockpit they don't have the relative buttons/knobs. Just saying, not complaining in any way, it's just that the players see what there is on the steering wheel and in the console.
    Last edited by deadboy; 01-02-2016 at 10:25.
    Asus M5A97 EVO R2.0 - AMD FX 8320E @4GHz - Kingston 16GB 1866 MHz - EVGA GTX 750 TI SC 2GB - Enermax 385W Pro82+ - Asus Xonar DG - Headphones Creative Aurvana Live - Win 7 x64 - X360 controller

I've checked the cars in game, to see what real assists are using.
    First of all I noticed that some of the cars that don't allow the driver to turn off ABS, instead in game allow that.
    Then there some cars that have different specs from the ones I've found and put in the list.

Pagani Zonda R and Zonda Cinque don't have stability control in real life; in game yes.
    If you want the definitve answer on this, Andrea Montermini, the official tester, has a facebook page, try to ask him about this. I don't have facebook.

Aston Martin Vantage GT4 in real life has ABS, TC and a dynamic stability control. For the ABS and the TC there are two knobs in the central console, for the stability control nothing.
    Now, in the old forum (reference thread) the WMD member C3PO told us that he drove the car and that ABS wasn't adjustable, TC was adsjutable, and that there was Stability control.
    In game the car has ABS and TC, no SC.
    I've sent a message to a guy that drives this car in real life. Let's wait the answer.

Mitusbishi EVO TME.
    There are two versions of this car, the GSR and the RS. The GSR has ABS, no TC, no SC, but has an active rear differential (AYC, Active Yaw Control). You can't adjust nothing. Then there is the RS, with no ABS, no TC, no SC, no AYC.
    The one in game has an adjustable ABS. So, if it is the GSR, that ABS should stay on.
    The info comes from the manual, but to be sure now I'll ask to someone who owns the car and go on track with it.

The other two EVOs
    These cars have ABS, and have a complex system of differentials that work as a sort of TC and SC combined system. In real life you can adjust this system, but as far as I know you can't turn off the ABS.
    I took the infos from the manuals of the cars.

Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
    I knew this car had only the ABS, but I see that in game has also the TC.
    I'll try to find someone who drive the real car and ask him.

Scion FR-S and GT86 Rocket Bunny editions
    The rocket bunny is just an aerodynamic kit in real life. The owners usually mount a new ECU on the cars, that comes with more power, launch control and other things. But the other electronic assists should stay as the original.
    The cars in game don't have the SC, but only the GT86 RB is a racing car.
    Anyway, I'll use the in-game data for these, because are tuned cars.

At the end it's a game and it's completely customizable by the player, so if something is wrong (in game or in my list) we can always change it.

One thing bugs me: why the hell the manufacturers don't provide such informations together with the licenses?
    The following user likes this Post: Mad LL

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    FWIW you can turn off the ABS in almost any car by pulling out the fuse in real life. This does however turn off the wheelspeed sensors needed by the traction control and stability control systems as well, so IRL you'd have to work a bit extra to turn ABS off separately.

However pCARS' road cars already assume some level of track tuning (track capable brakes, adjustable suspensions etc.), I think being able to turn off ABS kinda falls into the same category, if you want to think of it that way. In reality of course it's just because the game doesn't want to force aids on anyone who doesn't want to use them... =)
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Nice list thx for that!

BMW M3 E92 GT 2012: ABS, TC, no SC, brake bias, pit limiter
    Ingame the M3 has only TC enabled, I wonder if ABS has been forgotten, does anybody know?

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    FWIW you can turn off the ABS in almost any car by pulling out the fuse in real life. This does however turn off the wheelspeed sensors needed by the traction control and stability control systems as well, so IRL you'd have to work a bit extra to turn ABS off separately.

However pCARS' road cars already assume some level of track tuning (track capable brakes, adjustable suspensions etc.), I think being able to turn off ABS kinda falls into the same category, if you want to think of it that way. In reality of course it's just because the game doesn't want to force aids on anyone who doesn't want to use them... =)
    Neh, the time when ABS was an additional feature is over, ABS and ESP are integral part of the car now. Killing the wheelspeed sensor might cause trouble.
    A car that has an electric brake pressure enhancer, for example it is using the ABS-Pump to increase brake pressure depending on what the driver does. The brake system will go into fail-safe mode offering no additional pressure increase.
    Cars with an automatic gear box also need the wheel speed sensors. If they show a wrong signal or non, the engine might start with fail-safe mode offering very little power until the engine management system is sure that everything is okay and starts working normally.

*Talking about modern cars
    Last edited by miagi; 01-02-2016 at 16:01.
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled ¬ GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled ¬ Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 ¬ G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V ¬ MSi H55M-ED55 ¬ Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ¬ Samsung SSD 830 ¬ Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 ¬ Roccat Kave ¬ Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    ¬ Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 ¬ Win7x64

[RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer

Quote Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
    Nice list thx for that!

BMW M3 E92 GT 2012: ABS, TC, no SC, brake bias, pit limiter
    Ingame the M3 has only TC enabled, I wonder if ABS has been forgotten, does anybody know?

cheers
    The M3 GT is not a GT3 car, is has no ABS like all the other GT2 resp. GTE cars!
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled ¬ GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled ¬ Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 ¬ G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V ¬ MSi H55M-ED55 ¬ Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer ¬ Samsung SSD 830 ¬ Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 ¬ Roccat Kave ¬ Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals

^ I knew about the BMW GT, I wrote a list this morning with the things to check and correct.

The game is correct, the car doesn't have ABS because was forbidden by the series. Just TC.

Quote Originally Posted by deadboy View Post
    ^ I knew about the BMW GT, I wrote a list this morning with the things to check and correct.

The game is correct, the car doesn't have ABS because was forbidden by the series. Just TC.
    Oh btw. the M3 GT that was build up for ALMS also run Nürburgring 24h in exact ALMS=GT2S-Regulations specs. Only changes, they had to put 25 kg into the car at the exact spot where the gear box sits in the road going M3. So the N24 version was 1250 kg. And they fitted an Race-ABS System for the N24 race.

But looking at pictures, I don't think we have the ALMS version: (From Nordschleife 24h 2010)

I think we have the Le Mans 24h version: (From Le Mans 24h 2010)

The front is different, no flaps on the Le Mans version and the area behind the front wheel is different. (Aero)
    System