Thread: Probably the weirdest thing.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Probably the weirdest thing.

Right, so I'm running Laguna seca and I'm 10 laps in out of 15, then without warning "YouTube" app pops up while I'm heading up to the corkscrew. I'm all freaked out because pre patch 8.0 I've never got this consistent and leading the race. So I let YouTube do it's thing and load, thinking its some sort of achievement and it just loads the default home page. However, when I exited out and went back into pcars, I was in the pause menu currently at my last location. Then the achievement pops up saying something about pairing an app with a mobile device. Resumed the race with with everything still in order, ffb still intact. Won the race thank god, it would of been terrible thing for me as I've been doing this track and car for almost 2 months 3 times a week on average tryna find the right balance of ffb and tf to remain constant throughout my 15 lap stint.

Not the first time this sort of thing happened. During patch 7.0 as I'm in the launch screen where you press "a" to start Netflix will jump in and take over, happened twice. Definitely weird I would say. Project Cars shouldn't let these other apps bully it.

Settings:

Track - Laguna Seca
    Car - Caper Monterey
    A.I. - 15 @ 100%
    Time - 1700

Btw, why do these stock not have medium and hard slicks?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcstar View Post
    Project Cars shouldn't let these other apps bully it.
    I doubt there's anything Project CARS can do about it. PCars and youtube are just apps running on the Xbox and neither have access to the scheduler in the OS. That would be like Firefox not allowing a context switch to Microsoft Word.
    "You need a good bra in the Karussell." -- Sabine Schmitz
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think pcars should have a say in what app wants to pop in especially as a game of its nature.

Platform
    PC
    No designer of an OS who has a functioning brain would allow that to happen. Of course that doesn't rule out Microsoft.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 28-01-2016 at 22:11.
    "You need a good bra in the Karussell." -- Sabine Schmitz
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

GT3 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Other people in the house? Youtube has a tool to broadcast from mobile to xbox one, but that tool has a flaw, it should only allow the same login in a authorized device to stream content but apparently every device in the same network can do it.. I had to remove youtube from my console to avoid this non sense. It was easier than explain to my father why he can't press the little streaming button that he loves to press, even if there's no action on his screen.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BCFCBristolRed, Flat_out, OpticalHercules