Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DEFAULT SETUP - FUEL TANK - PIT STOP

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

DEFAULT SETUP - FUEL TANK - PIT STOP

Is the programmer team conscient of the error about the fuel tank in the cars?
    Usually in lobbies with the same car and fixed setups, the fuel in the tank are different. Someone with 5l and another one with 51l. That's too difference to manage the car and get fast.

Is the programmer team conscient of the error about the pit stops??
    Do a pit stop with fixed setup its like play the lotto. Sometimes the box put fuel, sometimes not and your car get empty... Sometimes put low pressures, sometimes don't change the tyres when the tyres are completely dead, sometimes put rain tyres in sunny conditions... It's a completely caos.

I can't understand how in 8 patches the game still having errors like that.
    www.ces.com.es Campeonato Español de Simulación
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Motorhead Racer, Plato99

Platform
    PS4
    This is in the wrong place really but anyway, below are quotes of mine which were part of a discussion when "force default setups" were reportedly fixed after their introduction, but created variable results. The quote immediately below was "liked" by Remco (mod) so I assume it had been passed on. Since then there have been two relatively quick patches due to christmas etc. so I guess this may be fixed soon. In the meantime hopefully the descriptions below help understand the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cmch15 View Post
    ....done a couple of tests and basically when "force default setups" is set to ON, it uses the pit strategy that is first in your strategy list. In my case I used the RS500 at Brands Indy and at the pitstop it gave me pressures and fuel refill for my BMW Procar strategy.

This might (probably) explain why people were getting different results?

Edit: I guess this also leaves it open to cheating (if results mattered) by setting a strategy in single player, you could alter tyre pressures and get your stop done early and you have pressures you want.

Quote Originally Posted by cmch15 View Post
    Also since posting the above, none of my strategies were particularly special so I have just deleted them all and "Default" has returned, however now when I run the same race, it now does not change tyres or refuel. I have tried really burning up the front left tyre down to 50% but it won't put new tyres on, or refuel.

Edit: Finally, I have just created a new strategy and then deleted the "default" strategy, and now tyre changes work again but with the pressures set in my newly created strategy.

By design it will only change tyres if one or more are worn enough (down to 50% I think). But - and this is the bug - it will use the first strategy in your strategy list if you have one.

So, IF it changes the tyres (due to 50% wear) you will have new tyres but with the tyre pressures and fuel load that is set in that strategy. If you don't have any strategies and only the "Default" in the list, the pitstop doesn't work and you get no fuel and no tyres.
    Last edited by cmch15; 03-02-2016 at 06:39.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: 3fingers, CoTiNhO

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Also, I believe the difference in Fuel levels is caused by having a custom setup for that car.
    If you don't have any, then you will have the default fueling (which will be consistent with other players).
    If you have created a customer setup, you will have a random (but very high) fuel level.
    I'm not sure if it's invoked by having a customer setup for the track you are on, or if you have ANY customer setups for that car on a different track even.
    Seriously hope this is not carried over to pCars2!
    The following user likes this Post: 3fingers

Platform
    PS4
    It's a while now since I did the tests but its possible. Though I think I found the car would start the race with the default setup fine with correct pressures, fuel load. It's only once the stops start, you then get the variable results depending on your strategies list.

This thread still in the wrong place but I'm going to do a video of it as it has gone rather quiet on this subject. It was a function that our group wanted to use but haven't because of this.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: 3fingers, AndrexUK

Superkart Pilot Motorhead Racer's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    update the new chevvy is loaded with 80 UNITS of fuel on default set up!! how is this fair or right?
    I have a league race this weekend that is using default set ups?! guess Im gonna have to just get use to losing because of the game!
    CPU: AMD BULLDOZER EIGHT CORE FX-8150 (3.60GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3+)
    Motherboard:ASUS® M5A97: AM3+ PLATFORM, DUAL DDR3, SATA 6.0GB/s, USB 3.0
    RAM:16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X GENESIS DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz, X.M.P (4 x 4GB KIT)
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750Ti (Temp replacement)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Have you made a custom setup for that car on that track? or on any track?
    I'm 99.9% sure the fueling level of the default setup goes to almost max, if you have created a custom setup for that car.
    I'm just trying to work out if it only happens when you make a custom setup for the spacific track, or any track at all (ie, you made a custom setup and applied it to all tracks, would therefore count as a custom setup for that track you are on, even if you havn't made a new one.)

Platform
    PC
    Andrex it does not only happen if you did a custom setup before. We are using default setup for our induction night and it happens randomly that people get more or less fuel. Some with custom setup beforehand some without.
    Founder Member of RevolutionSimRacing - RSR Website - pCars2 Thread
    Steam: t0daY - YouTube: t0daYtv
    My Pc: Intel i7 2600, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 RAM (2x4GB), Gainward Geforce GTX 760, Kingston SSD 240GB, Windows 10
    My Rig: T300 Racing Base, 599XX EVO Wheel (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro Pedals (with Conical Rubber Mod) & TH8A Shifter

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Fair enough, I was purely gong by my own experience, as cars I HAD mad a setup for, consistently carried almost max fuel, but cars I did not, carried the same as others who hadn't (and others in these events seemed to feel the same), but that was why it was more of a question, to gather info from others, rather than 'this IS' what's causing it.
    Thanks for sharing!

Either way, if the setting is working to apply the default setup to the car, it doesn't sound like it should be too hard to apply a default fuel too...(again, I'm not a coder, so I'm not saying it IS a simple fix.)
    Makes you wonder if there are other things that are not being set to default as well, and very hard to tell for most of the car setup options.
    Last edited by AndrexUK; 02-03-2016 at 12:19.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    I was just testing this out for my league yesterday, fixed setup, realistic fuel usage. Ran three sessions with different lengths, always stopped on the first lap, and the longer the race, the more fuel it added at the stop, it was also always enough to finish the race on. I didn't see this post before testing, the first pit strategy in my list was made for a different car however, so it's possible that is having some sort of an impact.

I suspect it's more that the OP is on PS4, as the Xbox guys in our league are seeing the same thing happening. I'm hoping it's just the PC not having the bug...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    I solved the issue with the differences of fuel deleting all my profile in Project Cars. Deleting the profile you will have the properly fuel for each car, i didn't mind because i always play with default setup. But for other people who do setups, will loose all the setups.

IMPORTANT:
    Before delete your profile REMEMBER to save your FORCE FEEDBACK CONFIGURATION for your wheel or your PAD configuration. All will be restarted, same for the CAR setups, take a pic of the cars would be a solution.

If you don't want to restart the profile, other option is create a new account to play only with default setups.

Anyway, it's a joke need to do this kind of things in a game with 9 patches. I don't know if the staff it works or smoke weed all days laughing of the people in the meantime the people still paying DLC's each month for a broken game.

That's the new generation of games. Less interest in quality, more interest in money.
    www.ces.com.es Campeonato Español de Simulación