Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buttkicker + Playseat Challenge

Platform
    XBOX1

Question Buttkicker + Playseat Challenge

Hi everyone! These days i discoverd the existence of the Buttkicker. I really don't know anything about that but i'm really interested in using it with my Xbox One and Project cars.
    I play with Thrustmaster TX + Playseat Challenge + T3pa + Th8a. And for the sound i have a samsung Soundbar with a wi-fi subwoofer directly connected to my tv by HDMI (ARC).

Now my questions are:
    - What's about the price? Can you please suggest me some online shops?
    - It's worth with the Playseat Challenge?
    - How does it works? Which connections should i do?

I hope to find someone who can help me,
    Thank you in advance,

Marche777

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I have a buttkicker from a few years back.I could not figure any way possible to hook it up to the xbox 1... I had it for my 360 which allowed you to use two sound outputs at once but I couldnt get it to work with the xbox 1.. Maybe the latest buttkicker has a different way to hook up to it.

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    I have a BK2 connected to my 5.1 amp, so it works with any game, movie, TV programme... anything that puts audio through the amp, basically. It's amazing for immersion in racing games (you 'feel' kerbs, shunts, engine rumble etc, and get a thump in the back when changing gear) but it's equally as good for other games too. I was playing Arkham Knight just last night and getting a 'thump' every time Batman lands a punch or kick, or feeling the shake from the Batmobile's afterburner all adds to the experience.

Mounting it to a Playseat frame is fairly easy. I followed web advice and used a spanner socket as a small vertical post under the rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140719_115612.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	226705

I can't remember exactly how it's connected up (it takes a shared feed from my sub, and has its own little amp) but it was pretty easy. Full instructions are provided.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    I have a BK2 connected to my 5.1 amp, so it works with any game, movie, TV programme... anything that puts audio through the amp, basically. It's amazing for immersion in racing games (you 'feel' kerbs, shunts, engine rumble etc, and get a thump in the back when changing gear) but it's equally as good for other games too. I was playing Arkham Knight just last night and getting a 'thump' every time Batman lands a punch or kick, or feeling the shake from the Batmobile's afterburner all adds to the experience.

Mounting it to a Playseat frame is fairly easy. I followed web advice and used a spanner socket as a small vertical post under the rig.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140719_115612.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	253.4 KB 
ID:	226705

I can't remember exactly how it's connected up (it takes a shared feed from my sub, and has its own little amp) but it was pretty easy. Full instructions are provided.
    Mascot thank you very much for sharing your setup.

My dubts are:
    - is it compatible with my playseat challenge without doing any difficult changes?
    - how can i connect it to my audio output? I use a Samsung HWF450 connected by hdmi to the TV

Here a photo of my playseat:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160203070135.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	162.0 KB 
ID:	226706

Platform
    PC
    Ah, sorry - I'm not too familiar with the Playseat Challenge. I'd assume you'd just clamp the BK to one of the rear legs? It's recommended that the mounting is vertical (as opposed to horizontal) but I can't see the angle making all that much difference.

As regards your audio connections, I'm not too sure. These links might help:

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/gaming/G2-hookup.html

http://thebuttkicker.com/gaming/down...R2_QSG-6pg.pdf

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/faq

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-the...-question.html

and this thread from these very forums:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...e-Will-it-work
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, NLv3 motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Works great... You will need an optical to analog converter.. Go from optical on back of xbox one to converter and then analog out to the buttkicker amp.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151119_083408.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	226736
    Playseat Evolution with Drilled Gen 1 Pedal Deck, Pro Shifter Mount, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Modified Playseat vibration Isolation kit ( Floating Chassis), TX Servo Base, 599xx Evo Wheel, T3PA Pedals, TH8A Shifter

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Where can you currently buy one?

They've been out of stock for several months now.

I have the Butt Kicker Gamer and it's now a hit or miss on whether it wants to connect so I'm ready to toss it and get the Gamer 2.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post

I have the Butt Kicker Gamer and it's now a hit or miss on whether it wants to connect so I'm ready to toss it and get the Gamer 2.
    Six in stock at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Buttkicker-G.../dp/B000AOTLP6

Edit: oops - I see you are in Florida.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Str8shooter View Post

I have the Butt Kicker Gamer and it's now a hit or miss on whether it wants to connect so I'm ready to toss it and get the. Gamer 2.
    . I have one of these http://www.earthquakesound.com/index...ategory_id=414. Works well and more powerful than gamer2

Platform
    PC
    A HDMI audio extractor may take care of the audio side of things

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/hdmi-audio-extractor

MB Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe // CPU Intel i5 3570K // RAM G.Skill 16GB DDR3 @2133MHz // GPU Gigabyte nVidia Titan X // HDD 4x 2TB Western Digital // SSD Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

CPU Cooler Corsair H80 // Case CoolerMaster 650 Silencio // Display ASUS PG34Q 34" 3440x1400 100Hz G-SYNC LCD // Speakers Logitech Z5500-D 5.1ch // OS Windows 10 Pro x64// Build Default Parameters

VR Oculus Rift CV1 // Wheel Fanatec CSR Elite // Pedals Fanatec Clubsport // Shifter Thrustmaster TH8RS with InterfaceOne wheel adapter // Head Tracking TrackIR v4 // Audio Transducer ButtKicker Gamer v2.0 // Seat PlaySeat Executive