Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    First, the main target, importing multiple custom liveries, works great, fantastic job done! Thank you

But
    - can you add an example screenshot of one of the livery folders? (had to look a few times at the readme-file and the information in here until I found that the files have to be named like if they were regular "unique" custom liveries; or maybe I was just too stupid or thinking too complicated) This will be even more helpful if my next step is included
    - can you add tyre and wheel textures? Just tested it on the AM Vantage GTE, but the new liveries come with plain white wheels and Yirotires (instead of Masculins which all other GTEs use or if possible Michelins maybe?). I added the wheel files from CustomLiveries folder into my package folders, but that didn't change a thing
    - (not a big issue considering the tool is designed for league racing) as expected (RD) you changed the player liveries on the default designs to the low-definition files (from xy-vehicle_livery.bff). Really no big issue as most racers will use "custom" liveries when in leagues, but if: some guys are running GT3 races with customised liveries for the Vantage GT3, the guy who wants to run the standard Bilstein #007 livery will feel like the ugly duckling because he's forced to run a low-res livery (which will only make a difference on his very own machine, but there's a notable difference in quality)
    - is there a way to differ between the player livery and the AI livery? imagine a league with let's say 22+ racers, all running their own custom livery (at least 2048x2048, 4096x4096 or even 4096x6144 are more likely I think), this might affect users' perfomance on not-that-high-end-machines (because the default AI liveries are only 1024x1024; quite a difference in memory usage I assume)

Nevertheless, as mentioned first, brilliant job on the tool, it's a great addition to the game! Overall I'd rate it at least 4.5 stars out of 5

Edit: damn it took a long time to finish that post one of the issues was posted and answered in the meantime
    Point by point:
    • Initial versions had an image preview that just took the flattened livery and displayed it in a preview window. Found that while a "neat" feature, it tended to crash the tool for larger liveries, and wasn't really that useful since you usually know exactly what you're adding most of the time. I wrote the interface in python, which unfortunately doesn't have great support for .dds files. The feedback I got was to either rely on the authors having a small .jpg to showcase the livery (display "No Preview" otherwise), which I feel would probably be an unused feature, or remove the feature entirely. I chose to simplify and remove; probably won't be coming back.
    • Tire and wheel textures should be included; this was tested with the Ford Capri and some custom liveries. I will look at the AM Vantage GTE specifically. At the last minute, FLX did find some issues with wheels popping up white from time to time, may have to do with the wheel texture substitutions if it can't find an appropriate texture. Will look into this further.
    • HR/LoRes liveries will be fixed. The custom liveries need to include a <vehicle>_LIVERY_AI.dds for this to work entirely; a bulk of the ones I downloaded did not, so I didn't bother discriminating. But I can add a check for it, and default to the player livery if it doesn't exist.

w.r.t. adding in the wheel files not changing anything: I think there is a bug where the new livery folder won't get copied over if it has the same name as an existing folder (ran into another python limitation, long story short). Go to /MODS/Custom_Liveries_Tool/Vehicles/Textures/CustomLiveries and remove the offending AM GTE livery folder, and try loading it again and see if that helps. These folders should really be cleared out by the program, I'll be implementing that next version as well.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 5 users likes this Post: artao, KAMPFBIBER81, Mad LL, NoBrakes, Reiche

Platform
    PC
    I found a bug. I want to add the nice Porsche 919 LMP1 liveries for the Marek LMP1 from cartman to the game, but as soon as I click "assign livery" the tool closes it self.
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Platform
    PC
    Nevermind... Solved the problem. You need to reset your liveries.
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Platform
    PC
    Guys, I don't mind hosting a link to your site where you have donate buttons, but please don't put them on the forum here.

I'm not being an arse or the sake of it. There are some legal ramifications we have no interest in getting involved in.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: artao, crowtrobot, KkDrummer, LamboMantisMan23

WMD Member
    You, sir, single-handedly saved this game.
    The following user likes this Post: Bill Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    Guys, I don't mind hosting a link to your site where you have donate buttons, but please don't put them on the forum here.

I'm not being an arse or the sake of it. There are some legal ramifications we have no interest in getting involved in.
    Understood Ian. PM sent.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiche View Post
    - can you add an example screenshot of one of the livery folders? (had to look a few times at the readme-file and the information in here until I found that the files have to be named like if they were regular "unique" custom liveries; or maybe I was just too stupid or thinking too complicated) ...
    I second this very much. Because I am not as much as clever as Mr Reiche is, because I don't get how to organize this step.

I had several re-reads of the step-by-step instructions as well as the readme and had an intense look at this screenshot:

But I still have no clue how to do it.

- As far as I understood the custom lieveries should be organized in an extra folder outside the file area of pCARS - right?

- Then I should put the custom liveries by some kind of order / organization there? - Here it starts to become difficult to me.

Let's see: I have downloaded the whole bunch of RUF RGT8 GT3 liveries right from this forum. No I have lots of folders and files, each with liveries data in but I have no idea if I have to re-organize them or rename something and where to put the files at all to get it work in the end with your custom liveries tool.

Some detailed explanation on this matter - with some tips to organize this right for different cars, championships etc. would be really helpful as I didn't find the sample data in the download archive mentioned in the readme.

THX a lot! And keep pushing with this wonderful mods that will bring the league driving to a new step for sure.

PS: is there a possibility to assign a special livery by default to a certain driver e.g. by his Steam GUID or some other checkmark?
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschließen" W. Röhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)

Hi No Brakes,

Sorry about the README line about the demo liveries, I had included the demo liveries folder for testers, but removed it, meant to put it back in and forgot.

Inside those #01, #02, #03 folders, should be the livery files themselves. They need to be named <vehicle>_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds (hi res for player), <vehicle>_LIVERY_AI.dds (low-res for opponents), <vehicle>_LIVERY_SPEC.dds, etc. This is mentioned in Step 3, but I will upload a screenshot of this to the instructions to make it more clear, pictures are much easier to understand. There is a gotchya here, depending on how the livery maker has packaged the liveries. Sometimes there are sub-folders for options within the livery set; then you'll need to re-organize. My tool is expecting the livery files themselves to be right within that #01 subdirectory.

For example, the #01 livery is for Formula A. So inside that #01 folder is:
    FORMULA_A_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds

If the livery needed a specular or fresnel layer, those would be in there as well, same with wheel colors.

My suggestion for compiling a Series would be something like:

WEC_Folder
    |
    |--Audi_LMP_Folder
    |--+++Audi_Livery_01_folder
    |--+++Audi_Livery_02_folder
    |
    |--Aston_GT3_Folder
    |--+++Aston_Livery_01_folder
    |--+++Aston_Livery_02_folder

and so on. You'd then have to select each car in the series, load the Vehicles' sub folder from within the WEC_Folder, customize the livery list, and assign it.

After that, I would recommend using the Export button to export each car's livery configuration. Configure say the Audi_LMP, then click Export, enter WEC_Audi_LMP, and hit enter. Do this for each car and your MODS folder will have standalone livery packages for each car. You can then create a WEC_Collection folder in the MODS directory, and copy and paste the *contents* of each of the Exported car folders into the WEC_Liveries directory (do not copy the export folder itself). This will give you one large package of WEC liveries so that you can activate/deactivate the liveries for all cars all at once.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 05-02-2016 at 17:20.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: artao, NoBrakes, Reiche

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Thanks a lot. I think this explanation helps me a lot and I could give it a new try
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschließen" W. Röhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)

WMD Member
    It works rather well ; but is there any plan to make it work with cars that don't have custom liveries, like the LMP1s? The tool manages to add the liveries to the menu (as in, you can have additional liveries options when in the Garage) but not to the game itself (as in, when you select an added option, I get a full-grey car instead of my livery).