Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Liveries Tool - Livery Manager and Livery Package Export

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld View Post
    It works rather well ; but is there any plan to make it work with cars that don't have custom liveries, like the LMP1s? The tool manages to add the liveries to the menu (as in, you can have additional liveries options when in the Garage) but not to the game itself (as in, when you select an added option, I get a full-grey car instead of my livery).
    It does work, but it's grey because it's not finding the right file. Unfortunately the naming conventions are not entirely consistent, so you need to make sure you have the right file name for the custom liveries. You can check the .rcf file for what the file prefix needs to be. For example, the DTM car is expecting MERC_DTM13_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds instead of the full name for the vehicle like most cars (similar to how the stockcar_90 files need to be named STOCK90). I thought I had put a message in to warn people of this, but I added the support for the additional cars at the last minute, and this debug message might not have made the build.

Added to the list to check on this debug message.

I have the Hires/Lowres livery issue sorted out already, as well as dealing with different vehicle liveries with the same folder name. I'll probably wait through the weekend to see what other issues crop up, then release a hotfix next week so that people don't have to re-download all 1.5GB again.

EDIT - Here are the names for the newly paintable cars (case-insensitive):
    AUDI_90
    AUDI_R8_LMP900
    audi_r18
    audi_r18_etron
    bentley_speed8
    mclaren_f1_gtr
    MCL_MP4_GT3
    merc_dtm13
    toyota_ts040

So any liveries created should have at least the file (for example) AUDI_R8_LMP900_LIVERY_PLAYER.dds included.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 05-02-2016 at 19:07.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following 3 users likes this Post: f3lixOvi, NoBrakes, NWRAP

WMD Member
    I did name my files toyota_ts040_livery_player.dds and audi_r18_livery_player.dds though... Strange
    The following user likes this Post: crowtrobot

Platform
    PC
    Hey Crow,
    are your tools working with the Audi R8 LMS Mod?
    Last edited by Shadowoff; 05-02-2016 at 21:17.
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowoff View Post
    Hey Crow,
    are.your tools working with the Audi R8 LMS Mod?
    By default, Custom Grid yes, Livery no. The large amount of car data required for the Livery Tool to work hamstrung the working directory choices I made for it. It can be made to work with the livery tool by copying some R8 vehicle data into the customLiveryData folder, and some into the Custom_Liveries_Tool folder, but I haven't downloaded the R8 yet to know exactly how the folder is packed to give more specific instruction.
    i7 5820k @ 3.8 | EVGA GTX780Ti | MSI X99 SLI Plus | 16GB DDR4@2400 | EVGA 750 W | W10 x64 | Thrustmaster T300 | HTC Vive
    The following user likes this Post: Shadowoff

Quote Originally Posted by Otherworld View Post
    I did name my files toyota_ts040_livery_player.dds and audi_r18_livery_player.dds though... Strange
    You are correct - the TS040 does not work. I tested with the Audi r18 etron and the Merc DTM, both of which work. There is a function that is apparently case-sensitive that isn't picking up a necessary value in the livery file. Added to list.
    The following user likes this Post: TassyDevil

Platform
    PC
    If I edit the files within my exported package folders does it alter the livery in game or does it need to be exported again?
    https://www.facebook.com/NWRAPGraphics http://www.NWRAPGraphics.com.au
    Skinner for the following rfactor mods AusModders Bathurst Legends 69 & 72 and 2011 Fujitsu Development Series Skin Pack V8FU Addon for Rfactor
    Skinner for the following Assetto Corsa mods 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 All ATCC, BTCC & DTM liveries, Vauxhall cavalier mk3 touring car (90-92 & 93-95) liveries

Quote Originally Posted by NWRAP View Post
    If I edit the files within my exported package folders does it alter the livery in game or does it need to be exported again?
    Edit the files as in Edit the actual livery? As long as it is in the same directory, with the same name, then all you should need to do is activate/deactivate the exported pack.

If you mean Edit as in change which liveries are included, then I'd recommend re-exporting.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by crowtrobot View Post
    Edit the files as in Edit the actual livery? As long as it is in the same directory, with the same name, then all you should need to do is activate/deactivate the exported pack.

If you mean Edit as in change which liveries are included, then I'd recommend re-exporting.
    Edit as in edit the livery file itself..

My plan was to get all my team folders done with a generic livery and then overwrite the generic livery as I work through and complete them..
    https://www.facebook.com/NWRAPGraphics http://www.NWRAPGraphics.com.au
    Skinner for the following rfactor mods AusModders Bathurst Legends 69 & 72 and 2011 Fujitsu Development Series Skin Pack V8FU Addon for Rfactor
    Skinner for the following Assetto Corsa mods 1987 Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 All ATCC, BTCC & DTM liveries, Vauxhall cavalier mk3 touring car (90-92 & 93-95) liveries

Platform
    PC
    Hey,
    I have the problem (with both of your tools), that they dont deinstall when you disable them with JSGME. Wanted to join a online race and my game crashed with an error warning, that files are missing for car_xyx. I took your mods out of the MODS folder and the problem is still there. Now Im validating my pCars files and hope that this works...
    I'm sorry for my bad english...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowoff View Post
    Hey,
    I have the problem (with both of your tools), that they dont deinstall when you disable them with JSGME. Wanted to join a online race and my game crashed with an error warning, that files are missing for car_xyx. I took your mods out of the MODS folder and the problem is still there. Now Im validating my pCars files and hope that this works...
    Some of the meta data may be left behind by the custom grid tool, but I can assure you it's not a problem without the pakfiles that get de-installed by JSGME. Simply removing from MODS folder will not uninstall or de-activate anything, btw. Nothing in the MODS folder is referenced by the game until it is activated via JSGME. It sounds like something got manually deleted by hand. If all mods are properly deactivated via JSGME, you'll be back to default.

Quote Originally Posted by NWRAP View Post
    Edit as in edit the livery file itself..

My plan was to get all my team folders done with a generic livery and then overwrite the generic livery as I work through and complete them..
    Then that should work just fine. The mod just tells the game to look for particular liveries in particular spots.
    Last edited by crowtrobot; 06-02-2016 at 20:24.
    The following user likes this Post: NWRAP