Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirt Rally on Console

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by FS7 View Post
    I haven't played Dirt Rally yet but I played SLRE demo on PS4 and wasn't very impressed. I used a DS4 and got the impression that there's lag in the steering.
    I've heard people saying that the PS4 demo is bad but the full game is good, but I'm still unsure whether or not I should buy it.
    Your spot on and SLR still has the worst lag ive ever played in a racer, im sure it will be patched as everybody is talking about it but its real bad atm, and the sound is worse, both things can be patched but the real problem is there is no controller settings, so no throttle, brake or steering sensitivity settings in the game that would be able to help with the lag issue, SLR is a terrible effort from people who have made 4 rally games before, its got its good points but really is a huge disappointment for me.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeC View Post
    I think this explains why your opinion of SLRE is so high. I think if you played it with a wheel you would change your tune because SLRE has really pronounced steering input lag and quite average force feedback.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I've seen dirt rally doesn't seem to suffer from any significant steering input lag with wheels.
    Its almost unplayable on a pad on the ps4 atm, its not hard to get around the track but youll need to be in a 1 second delay lol, so youll have to be thinking 0.5-1 second earlier than you would to give the car enough time to catch up, and anybody who likes to rally knows that its already down to millisecond thinking, way more so than track racing.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Here's a semi accurate list of the Dirt Rally contents:

http://www.racedepartment.com/thread...s-list.104727/
    Hmm, so six rallies plus rallycross and Pikes Peak. I guess it's only two less than SLRE.

I'm going to buy DIRT, I'm looking forward to it because I think potentially it's the best rally game for years, but based on playing the PC version I'm not under the illusion that it's going to be enormously better than SLRE. I think SLRE works well on a pad but on a wheel it sounds pretty bad.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Its almost unplayable on a pad on the ps4 atm, its not hard to get around the track but youll need to be in a 1 second delay lol, so youll have to be thinking 0.5-1 second earlier than you would to give the car enough time to catch up, and anybody who likes to rally knows that its already down to millisecond thinking, way more so than track racing.
    I've played the demo with a pad and the input lag is hardly noticeable, and I found it actually plays reasonbly well. With a steering wheel on the other hand the input lag is pretty horrendous, to the point where I really can't enjoy it. It's a shame because the game looks pretty good, the stages are really well modelled and the car roster is excellent.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've played the demo with a pad and the input lag is hardly noticeable, and I found it actually plays reasonbly well. With a steering wheel on the other hand the input lag is pretty horrendous, to the point where I really can't enjoy it. It's a shame because the game looks pretty good, the stages are really well modelled and the car roster is excellent.
    What DOR you're using with a wheel ?

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    What DOR you're using with a wheel ?
    I've tried pretty much everything. I've tried the automatic option, I've tried a rally big DOR, a really small DOR and pretty much everything in between. Nothing seems to work. If you've got a setting that dials the input lag out, please share it.

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I've tried pretty much everything. I've tried the automatic option, I've tried a rally big DOR, a really small DOR and pretty much everything in between. Nothing seems to work. If you've got a setting that dials the input lag out, please share it.
    I'm always using auto DOR with every game. With auto on SLRE, the older cars have no steering lag, but the new cars had a pretty big steering lag.
    So i tried 720 DOR on all cars and the steering lag on the newer cars is gone and there's enough difference in feel between older and newer cars. So i stay with 720 DOR now.
    The following user likes this Post: LukeC

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    I'm always using auto DOR with every game. With auto on SLRE, the older cars have no steering lag, but the new cars had a pretty big steering lag.
    So i tried 720 DOR on all cars and the steering lag on the newer cars is gone and there's enough difference in feel between older and newer cars. So i stay with 720 DOR now.
    Hmmm, interesting. I'll try it tonigh and see if it helps. Thanks for the tip.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    ??? I've played quite a bit of this using a PS4 pad and haven't found this at all.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by m355y View Post
    ??? I've played quite a bit of this using a PS4 pad and haven't found this at all.
    Ive used 3 controllers and a Hori pad plus, my TV is in game mode and usually gets lightning quick response from the controller, their FB page is full of the same complaint.

Leave your car sitting there and flick your left joystick, watch the wheels, theres huge lag, boot up WRC5 and do the same, wrc5 has zero lag, well too little to see with they eye, and thats on half steering sensitivity, i feel like im in a time warp playing the game.

cheers