Thread: Downloading saved replays

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

Downloading saved replays

Does anyone know how to download saved replays to a USB and be able to edit/view the file? I've tried by going into application stored data and downloading them onto a USB but each file is unable to be opened.
    Last edited by Shark24; 08-02-2016 at 21:42.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    You can use OBS to record your replay. Not sure on settings and stuff as I have barely used it myself.

E2A sorry I didn't pay attention to your platform, ignore me.
    Last edited by Mattyd; 08-02-2016 at 09:46.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    As far as I know, you can't do anything with replay files created by the game itself, those are rendered in real time.
    What you can do is utilize the "share" button. On default settings, if you press "share", PS4 will create an mp4 file with last 15 minutes of your activity, regardless of what the activity was. For example, if in last 15 minutes you drove some for 10 minutes and spent next 5 minutes in menus, that's what you'll record.
    Or you can double press "share" at any time, which will start the recording; after that, when you doublepress "share" again, recording will stop and you'll get an mp4 file that you can save and edit.
    Files created in this fashion are manipulated in "library" app in main ps4 menu.
    Also, you can manipulate those files in more advanced fashion with "share factory" app, also in main ps4 menu. I use "share" with double press to create specific videos from replays, for example, I watch the replay from the ProjectCars highlights and then I record only a hot lap or some crash.
    Last edited by shrike005; 08-02-2016 at 09:47.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by shrike005 View Post
    As far as I know, you can't do anything with replay files created by the game itself, those are rendered in real time.
    What you can do is utilize the "share" button. On default settings, if you press "share", PS4 will create an mp4 file with last 15 minutes of your activity, regardless of what the activity was. For example, if in last 15 minutes you drove some for 10 minutes and spent next 5 minutes in menus, that's what you'll record.
    Or you can double press "share" at any time, which will start the recording; after that, when you doublepress "share" again, recording will stop and you'll get an mp4 file that you can save and edit.
    Files created in this fashion are manipulated in "library" app in main ps4 menu.
    Also, you can manipulate those files in more advanced fashion with "share factory" app, also in main ps4 menu. I use "share" with double press to create specific videos from replays, for example, I watch the replay from the ProjectCars highlights and then I record only a hot lap or some crash.
    Yeah I think this is what I'm going to end up having to do but I was just making sure before I did this there wasn't a easier way to download the whole file. The replays are 40-50min races that my racing group does so even though this isn't ideal I'll make it work. Thanks for the help!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Just a short corection - the app responsible for quick footage manipulation isn't "library" but "media capture".
    Yeah, it would be nice if one could download the replay immediately as a media file.

Platform
    PS4
    You could also live stream the race or replay to ustream
    And then download the whole stream to edit it what ever way you choose...
    Somebody cover the nords with gravel and dirt
    The following user likes this Post: Shark24