Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A PS4 for Jack Spade

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4

A PS4 for Jack Spade

Has a lot of you, I spend a lot of time and maybe damaged my wheel with too strong FFB because I was completely new to PCars and to FFB system, so looking for information I was reading Jack Spade's thread, and using his settings and recommendations for a while. The famous 100 FF...
    After that, I was lost among new theories (bManic, Grimey, Haiden and others), and even after patch 8 I still can read in JS's thread a lot of incomprehension between PS4 users and PC ones (just go and see, it's going nowhere).

So, to thanks Jack Spade for all his work and to maybe help to unify the FFB theory, I suggest to raise a subscription to offer as a gift a PS4 to Jack Spade, and to open a new thread called "Jack Spade's settings for the PS4", and like that to close this old sterile debate.

I don't know how to make this, maybe mods can open a special thread with donations allowed, collect the money, buy and send the gift ?

Who like this idea ?
    PS4 pro - T300RS - T3PA-Pro - TH8A shifter - Alfa Romeo 147 leather seat - Homemade cockpit - Happy Driver My PC1 FFB settings - PC2 settings INFO 75 33 60 30 (this is not my phone number)
    The following 5 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Marvsche97, morpwr, Olijke Poffer, senna94f1

Platform
    PC
    I would Gladly put My $2.00 towards this!!! To bring Peace and unity to the FFB Tweeker Community.

I 100% Support this... Its a Great Idea.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Olijke Poffer

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepadrille View Post
    Has a lot of you, I spend a lot of time and maybe damaged my wheel with too strong FFB because I was completely new to PCars and to FFB system, so looking for information I was reading Jack Spade's thread, and using his settings and recommendations for a while. The famous 100 FF...
    After that, I was lost among new theories (bManic, Grimey, Haiden and others), and even after patch 8 I still can read in JS's thread a lot of incomprehension between PS4 users and PC ones (just go and see, it's going nowhere).

So, to thanks Jack Spade for all his work and to maybe help to unify the FFB theory, I suggest to raise a subscription to offer as a gift a PS4 to Jack Spade, and to open a new thread called "Jack Spade's settings for the PS4", and like that to close this old sterile debate.

I don't know how to make this, maybe mods can open a special thread with donations allowed, collect the money, buy and send the gift ?

Who like this idea ?
    Apparently the FFB on PS4 and X1 are much stronger than PC.
    This is what i read on the first page of JS thread : Steering Gain = 145 variable.
    The word "variable" is very important, i use on X1 Steering Gain = 85 and the rest of the settings are the same.
    For me this feels just about right, if you think it's too strong, lower Steering Gain.

PS : there's no wrong or wright in this matter, if you don't want to use JS settings or you're more comfortable with your own settings, it's ok.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RoccoTTS View Post
    Apparently the FFB on PS4 and X1 are much stronger than PC.
    This is what i read on the first page of JS thread : Steering Gain = 145 variable.
    The word "variable" is very important, i use on X1 Steering Gain = 85 and the rest of the settings are the same.
    For me this feels just about right, if you think it's too strong, lower Steering Gain.

PS : there's no wrong or wright in this matter, if you don't want to use JS settings or you're more comfortable with your own settings, it's ok.
    The FFB on XB1 is the Strongest of all 3 systems... You can Lower the RAC to Reduce FFB Strength at the Source and It will Not affect the FFB Full Dynamic Range... Reducing FFB at the Sterring Gain Reduces FFB Dynamic Range.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    The FFB on XB1 is the Strongest of all 3 systems... You can Lower the RAC to Reduce FFB Strength at the Source and It will Not affect the FFB Full Dynamic Range... Reducing FFB at the Sterring Gain Reduces FFB Dynamic Range.
    Thanks for the advice, but i don't change my ffb settings anymore. I found my sweet spot about ffb settings months ago.
    I'm concentrating on driving and racing now
    The following user likes this Post: GrimeyDog

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The point is not about if I use or not JS's settings, or if I want or not. I have my own settings, a tweak of morpwr's global settings, and JS classic in car. Very happy with this. I'm now out of the tweaking zone, enjoying races, tracks and cars. My intention is only to avoid to new players on consoles to mess around between numerous posts that don't tell the same "truth" instead of having fun on the game. Call this a NEEDED BIG CLARIFICATION ;-)
    PS4 pro - T300RS - T3PA-Pro - TH8A shifter - Alfa Romeo 147 leather seat - Homemade cockpit - Happy Driver My PC1 FFB settings - PC2 settings INFO 75 33 60 30 (this is not my phone number)
    The following user likes this Post: tennenbaum

Platform
    PC
    Thanks for the advice, but i don't change my ffb settings anymore. I found my sweet spot about ffb settings months ago.
    I'm concentrating on driving and racing now
    If you get Board or Curiouse try it... It works you will see...it will allow you to Run TF 1.00 if you like... all other settings Remain the same.

Platform
    PC
    Did anyone ask Jack if he wants to even do this before we start handing out coin ?
    The following user likes this Post: Haiden

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    When you want to do a gift usually you don't ask the agreement of the person it is for... I'm sure JS will be happy to play PCars on PS4, just to KNOW what the other tweakers are talking about. And JS deserves a gift from the community for his work, and his work deserves a PS4 tweak to be more universal. So...

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    As noble as the gesture might be, I can't help thinking this is less 'a gift' and more 'a gift ... with strings attached'

The immediate questions that spring to mind are :-

Who collects the money?
    Does Jack actually want a PS4?
    What happens if Jack gets his PS4 and doesn't produce any FFB stuff for it? Are people going to demand the return of the PS4 or their money for the 'gift'?

I'm with BigDad, I'd actually wait and see if Jack wants to help out before starting anything .
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz //
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BigDad, Haiden, RoccoTTS