Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A PS4 for Jack Spade

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    (Maybe SMS now has mercy and sends me a PS 4 and X-Box and a T300, G25, AccuForce, T500 RS and, and...)

Whoooa...thats a long list... i Respect your efforts enough to chip in for a PS4 or XB1 but the Accuforce we gonna have to Vulcan Mind Meld for that 1 ...LOL.

Last edited by GrimeyDog; 08-02-2016 at 20:01.
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I think there are Many members on this Forum just as Deserving.
    So here's an Idea..
    One of the Moderators can organize it..

Everyone put's in $2.00 a month via Paypal, and One Members name is drawn at Random from all participants.
    https://www.random.org/lists/

copy and paste the List of Names, and then Post the results..
    Lucky Winner get the pot, sent via Paypal, Less what Paypal collects as their fee.
    [PS4 Pro user] [Fanatec CSLE-PS4] [ClubSport V3 Pedals] [TH8A Shifter with Ricmotech Short Throw Plate] [Collectiveminds Drive Hub]
    PC - Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop Windows XPsp3 - Can't run pCars on it.
    DoNoHarm.us

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I don't mind paying for dlc , but to have the force feedback instructions translated from Mandarin is pushing it.
    My wife said I never listen.
    At least I think that's what she said.
    PS Pro. T300 RS, Playseat challenge, LG 49" 4K HDR, PS platinum headset.
    PSVR
    The following user likes this Post: spacepadrille

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepadrille View Post
    Has a lot of you, I spend a lot of time and maybe damaged my wheel with too strong FFB because I was completely new to PCars and to FFB system, so looking for information I was reading Jack Spade's thread, and using his settings and recommendations for a while. The famous 100 FF...
    After that, I was lost among new theories (bManic, Grimey, Haiden and others), and even after patch 8 I still can read in JS's thread a lot of incomprehension between PS4 users and PC ones (just go and see, it's going nowhere).

So, to thanks Jack Spade for all his work and to maybe help to unify the FFB theory, I suggest to raise a subscription to offer as a gift a PS4 to Jack Spade, and to open a new thread called "Jack Spade's settings for the PS4", and like that to close this old sterile debate.

I don't know how to make this, maybe mods can open a special thread with donations allowed, collect the money, buy and send the gift ?

Who like this idea ?
    Good idea but I also suggest to raise a subscription to offer me a PC to test the Jack Spade's true settings...
    The following 2 users likes this Post: imz14u2nv, spacepadrille

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Here's an idea: why not respect the original spirit in which all help is offered to others by members of this forum, ie as friendly assistance to fellow enthusiasts? I have to be honest, I find this whole concept of retrospectively and arbitrarily sending 'rewards' to people slightly odd. It's not why the help was offered in the first place, and it seems incredibly presumptuous to shower gifts on people who never asked for them in the first place.

On the flip side, one member recently did ask for PayPal payments before he would share something that he'd created for himself and was proudly showing on the forums. That left an equally sour taste.

Ah, just my 2p of worthless opinion. I'm in a bad mood this morning.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following 6 users likes this Post: BigDad, Fre.Mo, GrimeyDog, RoccoTTS, Sum Dixon-Ear, wyldanimal

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    Here's an idea: why not respect the original spirit in which all help is offered to others by members of this forum, ie as friendly assistance to fellow enthusiasts? I have to be honest, I find this whole concept of retrospectively and arbitrarily sending 'rewards' to people slightly odd. It's not why the help was offered in the first place, and it seems incredibly presumptuous to shower gifts on people who never asked for them in the first place.

On the flip side, one member recently did ask for PayPal payments before he would share something that he'd created for himself and was proudly showing on the forums. That left an equally sour taste.

Ah, just my 2p of worthless opinion. I'm in a bad mood this morning.
    I think just because he does it and Has Not asked for anything in Return that it would be a Noble thing to do for him... Sheeesh Me and JS dont see eye to eye... I never Know if posting in his thread is gonna Slap Me or Hug Me... But even I reapect his efforts... I do My own Tweek thing and dont use his Methods and it takes Hours and Hours to come up with a Good feel until you have a Base Starting point...with that said... Even though Methods are Different i Respect his hard Efforts to share his teek work with the community... What Happens when he gets tired and Stops doing it??? i would Gladly donate $10.00us. if this could be organized on his behalf....and im Not Even a Loyal JS Follower/Tweek user im sure he has 49 more Loyal Tweek users to donate $10.00!!! just My 2 bits.

Im in a Good Mood... LOL
    OS: Win 10/64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A-M5 | CPU: i7-7700k | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | GPU: Asus Strix 2080ti OC Edition | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Media HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T | Display: QLED 55in Curved TV / VR: HP Reverb | Rig: RSeat N1, Fanatec DD2, CSP v3i , CSS SQ v1.5, CS HB, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim w/APM shifters, Formula Black F1, Astro A40 TR*, 3x Buttkicker Gamer2. Lets Talk FFB thread PC,PS4,XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Crisis Nine, morpwr, ports, spacepadrille

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spade View Post
    Guys, Im really flattered and its a nice idea but are you really serious? Honestly I would really like to help to clarify
    the PC/Consoles compatibility issue, but....

actually I have trust in SMS that the car/tire physics is identical on all platforms so the individual car settings are
    not an issue. I would guess the majority users of my car settings use them as they are on any platform, Im unaware of
    any major adaptations. The global setting is different construction site as this is more or less wheel depending and Im
    on a CSW v2, so a T300 user would have it somewhat different on PC and Console anyway, let alone personal taste.

Now if it just finally comes down to FFB Master at 100 yes or no, or maybe a little less TF, is it really worth to start
    this action?
    (Maybe SMS now has mercy and sends me a PS 4 and X-Box and a T300, G25, AccuForce, T500 RS and, and...)
    Please don't forget the Fanatec 911 GT2 for your testing , lol .
    The following user likes this Post: spacepadrille

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepadrille View Post
    Great ! I'm glad you like the idea. I'm using your exact individual car settings (classic except FX smooth 10, Mz smooth 0) with an inspired but different global setting than yours. But i'm serious, I think it will be cool for you to have a PS4 "gift of the community", as it will be very interesting to have a "translation" of your PC/CSW 2 settings onto PS4/CSW 2. Even if it's just at the end "for PS4 lower FF to 75 and that's all folks", a simple thing in which you can thrust is so far better than the actual blur field.

So now we can see Jack Spade himself is not against this idea, is there a mod motivated enough to organize the suscription and make this PCars community grow in friendship and knowledge sharing ?

I want to donate for JS's PS4 ! :-)
    The way i read it he didn't agree , he seemed to wonder if it was needed .

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimeyDog View Post
    I think just because he does it and Has Not asked for anything in Return that it would be a Noble thing to do for him... Sheeesh Me and JS dont see eye to eye... I never Know if posting in his thread is gonna Slap Me or Hug Me... But even I reapect his efforts... I do My own Tweek thing and dont use his Methods and it takes Hours and Hours to come up with a Good feel until you have a Base Starting point...with that said... Even though Methods are Different i Respect his hard Efforts to share his teek work with the community... What Happens when he gets tired and Stops doing it??? i would Gladly donate $10.00us. if this could be organized on his behalf....and im Not Even a Loyal JS Follower/Tweek user im sure he has 49 more Loyal Tweek users to donate $10.00!!! just My 2 bits.

Im in a Good Mood... LOL
    I'm not paying for your hanbrake , lol .

I just got laid ......LOL
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Crisis Nine, GrimeyDog

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    If i was Ian, i would hire him and pay him to optimise the standard FFB settings for PCARS 2, so we have a better ffb out of the box in the next iteration.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: imz14u2nv, spacepadrille