Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thrustmaster F1 rim

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickname85 View Post
    I have a question about the hands on experience with the f1 rim.
    How loud is the clicking of the paddle shifters? Because I think the stock wheel already makes a 'loud' noise, and in a review online somebody mentioned the loudness of the paddles/shifter as a con... How does it compare to the standard paddle shifter?
    its about the same as my f458 italia rim. idk why but i feel more control over the car with the F1 rim for some reason too

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I like the F1 wheel a lot but only use it when the car has a wheel like that it self, the formula and LMP cars mostly
    If you are going to use the wheel for every car then i would go for the 599XX evo wheel, this is the best all round wheel in my opinon, i use it more then the F1
    I have the alcantara version and that feels really great also after a long time driving.

So buy them all for the sim experience and if you need 1 then i think the best buy is the 599xx evo wheel

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Thierryvth View Post
    I like the F1 wheel a lot but only use it when the car has a wheel like that it self, the formula and LMP cars mostly
    If you are going to use the wheel for every car then i would go for the 599XX evo wheel, this is the best all round wheel in my opinon, i use it more then the F1
    I have the alcantara version and that feels really great also after a long time driving.

So buy them all for the sim experience and if you need 1 then i think the best buy is the 599xx evo wheel
    I partly agree with this and good advice. One thing that will change this is if you use a small steering ratio like I do. I run 6.9.1 in all my cars. This means I never go hand over hand and a hairpin corner will require me to got between 180 to 200 degrees of rotation meaning my hands never leave the wheel no matter the car. Aim small miss small as the best in business do.

If u do want the wheel to be accurate to the car then it's nice to have the 599 evo also or if u do like a big ratio then the f1 rim can become more difficult. I have both and even though the 599 feels so good I like the f1 rim more and still faster with it.