Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LMP1 .. really ???

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

LMP1 .. really ???

I'm doing this carreer thing..zero to hero.. and after some good and some worse cars (karts - formula gulf, rookie, c, b, a) i made it to LMP1 and get this video about the best of the best in motorsports..come on guys..this is bull Formula 1 is the top of motorsports and in pcars formula a gets the closest..just look at the leaderboards.
    So not those prototype things..but anyway, i can see how this game is build around closed cars and not formula cars..so ok..to each his own.

But than you drive one of these things..terrible !
    How can a game claim that this is the superior class in the game and than make it so lousy?

i'm actually thinking about doing minimal length races just to complete that challenge..not even interested in doing the setups to taken them on at 100%..what an awfull cars..no fun at all to drive them..

Please convince me this gets better when you do the setups or something because out of the box these cars suck big time..feels like work having to do a season with them
    MB Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H CPU i5 4590 RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB DDR3 1600 C9 VGA Geforce GTX550Ti PSU Cooler Master VS V450S WHEEL Logitech Momo Force Red - limited edition

SimCareer: F1GP, Grand Prix 2, Grand Prix 3, Grand Prix 4, F1 2010 - 2014, Project Cars.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Obviously you're a Formula 1 / open wheel type of guy.
    LMP1 cars are totally different compared to open wheel class cars.
    The fact that you don't like the LMP1 class, doesn't make them bad cars.

Umer Ahmad
    Oohhhh you really stepped in it this time:

"Formula 1 is the top of motorsports"

As a fan of both I'll say that while F1 is the top "drivers competition" in the world WEC/LMP1 is the most serious "manufacturers competition" in the world.

Seems you are assigning a lot of significance to laptime and have an under-appreciation for reliability and efficiency.

An average F1 race is under 2 hours yes? It's a fun 2 hours but still just 2 hours.

(Paging Dr. Lasukie)

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder71 View Post
    I'm doing this carreer thing..zero to hero.. and after some good and some worse cars (karts - formula gulf, rookie, c, b, a) i made it to LMP1 and get this video about the best of the best in motorsports..come on guys..this is bull Formula 1 is the top of motorsports and in pcars formula a gets the closest..just look at the leaderboards.
    So not those prototype things..but anyway, i can see how this game is build around closed cars and not formula cars..so ok..to each his own.

But than you drive one of these things..terrible !
    How can a game claim that this is the superior class in the game and than make it so lousy?

i'm actually thinking about doing minimal length races just to complete that challenge..not even interested in doing the setups to taken them on at 100%..what an awfull cars..no fun at all to drive them..

Please convince me this gets better when you do the setups or something because out of the box these cars suck big time..feels like work having to do a season with them
    100% in LMP1 = race 20 min ( ridiculous to me). So you can race 100%
    The following user likes this Post: Reinart86

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    F1 being the pinnacle of motorsport is your opinion. Just like F1 drivers being the best in the world is an opinion (one I don't agree with). As others have said, you not liking LMP1 doesn't make the cars "lousy". Personally I think F1 is dreadful, and I haven't touched the FA car in game other than to unlock the invitational winning the FA championship unlocks (did it on minimum length races, low ai setting to get it done quicker) Formula 1 is a sorry excuse for motorsport in my opinion.
    Last edited by APR193; 13-02-2016 at 09:10.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, Fight-Test, iPlay, KANETAKER, Kevin Brown, Swinnyjr

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    lol..did not know it was "a thing"
    Yes im into open wheel series in general, i do not care for DTM, le mans, clio cups or what have you. Don't even care for much watching it on tv.

In real life for superior class i look at one thing..the fastest car around a track. If LMP1 can do better laptimes than Formula 1 than they are truly superior. I'm not going to watch a race for 24 hours, 2 hours is long enough, make it 1 hour and still would be fine with me.

Looking at project cars i do care about the fastest car, but also about fun to drive. Most fun i have had is probably formula rookie since that was the only class that had a natural feel in project cars and was able to be competitive without tweaking the setup all the time.
    I have not tried the saloon cars and such but i expect they are a better experience than some formula cars (formula B was the worst) since i expect formula cars was developed for saloon cars, the formula cars are implemented and it is fun but it is flawed in the physics department, probably because it was not build for formula cars originally.

Back to my point..after doing all those classes..lmp1 really feels awful..it is slow, sluggish, indirect, i do not "feel" the car at all and i can not drive it from a decent cocpit view, best i can do is tha camera just above the road where you don't see the car at all..a big dissapointment

Just saying..if you build a game that promotes LMP1 as the top dog..it does not have to be fastest but is should be a joy to drive.. and it is not..perhaps it'll take time but i do not enjoy cars that corner half the speed i'm used to and under or over steer for no reason at all, kers that applies itself whenever charged, i don't even get a decent slipstream effect on spa..what's up with that?

SO..should i copy some setups and try again or just work my way through the season as fast as possible? surely if a lot of guys do like driving lmp1 than there should be something good in it?
    MB Gigabyte GA-Z97-D3H CPU i5 4590 RAM Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x4GB DDR3 1600 C9 VGA Geforce GTX550Ti PSU Cooler Master VS V450S WHEEL Logitech Momo Force Red - limited edition

SimCareer: F1GP, Grand Prix 2, Grand Prix 3, Grand Prix 4, F1 2010 - 2014, Project Cars.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by APR193 View Post
    F1 being the pinnacle of motorsport is your opinion. Just like F1 drivers being the best in the world is an opinion (one I don't agree with). As others have said, you not liking LMP1 doesn't make the cars "lousy". Personally I think F1 is dreadful, and I haven't touched the FA car in game other than to unlock the invitational winning the FA championship unlocks (did it on minimum length races, low ai setting to get it done quicker) Formula 1 is a sorry excuse for motorsport in my opinion.
    Quoted for truth. I'll add that in terms of raw speed, top LMP1 drivers could take on top F1 drivers any day of the week, whether in LMP1s or in F1s.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by seb02 View Post
    100% in LMP1 = race 20 min ( ridiculous to me). So you can race 100%
    i meant 100% ai skill

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulder71 View Post
    lol..did not know it was "a thing"
    Yes im into open wheel series in general, i do not care for DTM, le mans, clio cups or what have you. Don't even care for much watching it on tv.

In real life for superior class i look at one thing..the fastest car around a track. If LMP1 can do better laptimes than Formula 1 than they are truly superior. I'm not going to watch a race for 24 hours, 2 hours is long enough, make it 1 hour and still would be fine with me.

Looking at project cars i do care about the fastest car, but also about fun to drive. Most fun i have had is probably formula rookie since that was the only class that had a natural feel in project cars and was able to be competitive without tweaking the setup all the time.
    I have not tried the saloon cars and such but i expect they are a better experience than some formula cars (formula B was the worst) since i expect formula cars was developed for saloon cars, the formula cars are implemented and it is fun but it is flawed in the physics department, probably because it was not build for formula cars originally.

Back to my point..after doing all those classes..lmp1 really feels awful..it is slow, sluggish, indirect, i do not "feel" the car at all and i can not drive it from a decent cocpit view, best i can do is tha camera just above the road where you don't see the car at all..a big dissapointment

Just saying..if you build a game that promotes LMP1 as the top dog..it does not have to be fastest but is should be a joy to drive.. and it is not..perhaps it'll take time but i do not enjoy cars that corner half the speed i'm used to and under or over steer for no reason at all, kers that applies itself whenever charged, i don't even get a decent slipstream effect on spa..what's up with that?

SO..should i copy some setups and try again or just work my way through the season as fast as possible? surely if a lot of guys do like driving lmp1 than there should be something good in it?
    Well, a game that pretends to be a simulator should not make LMP1s "a joy to drive", it should make LMP1s drive as close as possible as they drive in reality. As for the driving of LMP1s, yes they corner slower than F1s (which equates to more skillful driving), yes they feel less like a kart on steroids than F1s (which is normal), yes the visibility is very limited just like in reality (more challenge, once again), and yes, the main interest - and the art - of driving LMP1s come from Endurance racing with traffic. That's why we can agree that the 20 minutes races with LMP1-only are dumb as f**k. But try a race with P1s, P2s, and GT3s and you'll see what the joy of driving a LMP1 means.
    I'll add to that two things : LMP1s are slower than F1s because they're built for Endurance races. If you had to last 24 hours or even 6 hours with your F1, they wouldn't go as fast. And LMP1s have the potential to have 1000+ HP permanently, it's the rules which limit the amount of time they can be on 1000+ HP.
    The following user likes this Post: iPlay

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    [QUOTE=Mulder71;1232872]i meant 100% ai skill[/QUOTE

Sorry guy. I like LMP but less than f1. Personally i won t try with IA at 100%