Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Group 5

Platform
    PC

Group 5

what's your opinion on these 2 cars? there isn't at all a turbo kick...320 and zakspeed in raceroom have another temperament

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Don't know what's up on your end, there's definitely a hefty turbo kick on my end. Have you tried turning the wastegate pressure up?
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: JoeDaSnow, oppolo, Shadowoff

Platform
    PC
    Err...no..I didn't know about it....I'll check. Thank you

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    The two cars definitely have a different character. The Capri is dead in the low end, but really comes alive above 5,000 RPM. The 320 Turbo power comes on in a much more linear fashion.

IMO, the 320 is the more balanced of the two cars, which makes sense. BMW's motorsports efforts always focus on drivability and balance. The 320 Turbo gives up some power (lots if you boost the Capri to the moon) to the Capri, but the 320 Turbo is (for me anyway), a much easier car to drive on long stints.

In general, I'm a huge fan of the Group 5 cars. They're a lot of fun to drive at full pace, even if I'm not particularly fast in them.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    As a general tip, I'll crank the wastegate pressure up in qualifying to throw down a hot lap time, but dial it back for the race so that I get improved drivability. If I don't do that, I find myself experiencing more spins after the laps start to wear me down. Then again, I prefer longer races than some people. I try to set my races up for 45 minutes of racing. The number of laps depends on the typical lap time at a circuit.
    COMPETITIVE RACING LICENSE Infographic | FFB INFO | SAFE IS FAST
    PS4 | FANATEC CSL Elite | FANATEC ClubSport Pedals v3
    The following user likes this Post: oppolo

Platform
    PC
    excuse me, I can't find the commands for wastegate pressure, where are they?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by oppolo View Post
    excuse me, I can't find the commands for wastegate pressure, where are they?
    The wastegate is in the setup options for the car. You will have to page left or right to get to the page with the wastegate settings. Higher wastegate settings lower engine reliability so don't expect to run an endurance race with the wastegate set at it's highest level.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: oppolo

Platform
    PC
    thank you, I didn't know of these pages of setup.I bought pC only some days ago

Platform
    PC
    My favorite car, the 320 gr 5 Hard to master but tons of fun when you learn it.

Tip if you drive without assists, brake pressure around 80% and 60% on front brakes.
    Fanatec CSW V2.5 / Rims: BMW M3 GT2 / F1 / CS V3 Pedals + Brake Perf Kit / I7-5930K@4.2 / MSI 1080ti GX / Asus X99-A / 32Gb Ram / rSeat RS1 / Rift CV1 / Win10/64

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Boskapongen View Post
    My favorite car, the 320 gr 5 Hard to master but tons of fun when you learn it.

Tip if you drive without assists, brake pressure around 80% and 60% on front brakes.
    no no, no assist and brake pressure always at 100%, I like keep the car in control while my right foot is modulating the maximum braking torque possible