Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance difference between PS4 and Xbox one

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Performance difference between PS4 and Xbox one

Hello Guy's,

I have a little question, I'm sure you are already aware of the performance difference between PS4 en XBOX one, is there any chance we will get a patch correcting that?

With similar setups I noted a difference of 1 to 2 sec /lap

Thanks for letting me know

Have a good day

UNITY Babarxxl

Platform
    XBOX1
    Wasn't aware there was a difference?

Platform
    XBOX1
    What were you doing exactly when you saw the one or two second difference in lap time (track, time of day, grid size, weather, POV)? The main difference between the two games is 1080p vs 900p. Other than that, they basically the same (give or take).
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 15-02-2016 at 16:30.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/D-Link DGL 5500 Gaming Router/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/Yamaha RX-V1400/Acoustic Research Speakers/Velodyne Sub
    The following user likes this Post: one1two

Platform
    PS4
    I have both the Xbox one and the PS4 version and I can confirm pcars runs much smoother on PS4 better frame rate graphics look better and I have NEVER had an issue with the sound stutter on the ps4 version like Xbox has. PS4 has a much bigger online community with many lobbies all the time. Also if you have the GTE or TM28 Leather wheel you will know that you have duplicate buttons which is such a sad waste (I know its a Microsoft issue) but on PS4 you can assign and utilize ALL BUTTONS on the wheel! In conclusion, while I have both versions I will not be returning to the Xbox version for the reasons stated above.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: 2pfspiff, Bavarian Turbo, GrimeyDog, Reinart86, Titzon Toast

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal 556 View Post
    I have both the Xbox one and the PS4 version and I can confirm pcars runs much smoother on PS4 better frame rate graphics look better and I have NEVER had an issue with the sound stutter on the ps4 version like Xbox has. PS4 has a much bigger online community with many lobbies all the time. Also if you have the GTE or TM28 Leather wheel you will know that you have duplicate buttons which is such a sad waste (I know its a Microsoft issue) but on PS4 you can assign and utilize ALL BUTTONS on the wheel! In conclusion, while I have both versions I will not be returning to the Xbox version for the reasons stated above.
    the only time I have any sound stutter now is when my internet connection is acting up, other then that I don't get the sound stutter with the Win 10 update the xbox got.
    Dell Inspiron 3647 small desktop - CPU - intel I3 4170 @ 3.7ghz Integrated GPU - Intel HD graphics 4400 memory - 4GB Single Channel DDR3 1600MHz HDD - 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive OS - Windows 10 64 bit old Emachines w3653 - CPU - intel Dual Core Celeron @ 1.6ghz Integrated GPU - Intel 945g memory - 2gb HDD - 320GB OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ixoye56, one1two

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've never experienced the sound stutter at all. Not sure why some get it and some don't on the same system. Why does the Internet connection effect the sound?

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    I've never experienced the sound stutter at all. Not sure why some get it and some don't on the same system. Why does the Internet connection effect the sound?
    not sure why but I know if I am having slight problems with my internet connection the sound will stutter, and if I disconnect the screen will freeze few a few seconds even if its an offline race
    Dell Inspiron 3647 small desktop - CPU - intel I3 4170 @ 3.7ghz Integrated GPU - Intel HD graphics 4400 memory - 4GB Single Channel DDR3 1600MHz HDD - 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive OS - Windows 10 64 bit old Emachines w3653 - CPU - intel Dual Core Celeron @ 1.6ghz Integrated GPU - Intel 945g memory - 2gb HDD - 320GB OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Platform
    PS4
    Everything runs and looks better on a PS4.
    The following user likes this Post: theoriginalR6kid

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Agreed, the xbox's online disconnections are nowhere near as good
    Last edited by theoriginalR6kid; 18-02-2016 at 00:09.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Flat_out, KkDrummer

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
    Yes there are a couple of games I have for both systems. Pcars, rainbow six siege, GTA5 and Destiny and they all run smoother and look better of the PS4