Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Performance difference between PS4 and Xbox one

Platform
    XBOX1
    I agree with you. I work shift work so there are times when I am up playing until 6 in the morning (I work 12hr shifts 5 to 5 and rotate from days to nights every 2 weeks). I can still find 5 or 6 lobbies on the PS4. I hardly ever find any Lobbies after midnight on the XB1. I will still race in the league I am in on the XB1 because the people in the league are great to race against, but majority of my racing outside of that will probably be on the PS4 unless some of the league guys are running then I will be on the XB1.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / LG 42" LED / Wheelstand Pro V2 (For the time being) / T3PA Pro Pedals (Mounted GT style) / 599xx EVO Rim

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by 2pfspiff View Post
    I agree with you. I work shift work so there are times when I am up playing until 6 in the morning (I work 12hr shifts 5 to 5 and rotate from days to nights every 2 weeks). I can still find 5 or 6 lobbies on the PS4. I hardly ever find any Lobbies after midnight on the XB1. I will still race in the league I am in on the XB1 because the people in the league are great to race against, but majority of my racing outside of that will probably be on the PS4 unless some of the league guys are running then I will be on the XB1.
    I see in your signature that you have the newer 599xx Alcantara rim and the PRO pedals, I have the TM28 Leather rim and regular t3pa pedals. Bout to make another upgrade which would you recommend or say is the better buy the PRO pedals or the 599xx EVO rim?

Platform
    XBOX1
    If you have the T3PA then go with the 599xx evo instead. I would only do the pedal upgrade if you wanted to invert the pedals, otherwise you already have the conical brake mod, and Bodin makes a load cell conversion for the T3PA. If you wanted to save the money on the rim and T3PA pro and get the Load cell upgrade for your pedals instead.

I upgraded my pedals from the stock TX 458 2 pedal setup and wheel setup so I don't really have any experience with the TM28 or T3PA.

My next upgrade will be my wheel stand and next year I will shoot for a Clubsport V2 setup.
    Last edited by 2pfspiff; 18-02-2016 at 17:08.
    PS4 (Spiff2pf), T300 servo base / XB1 (SpiffPF2), TX458 / LG 42" LED / Wheelstand Pro V2 (For the time being) / T3PA Pro Pedals (Mounted GT style) / 599xx EVO Rim

Platform
    PS4
    Ok thanks, I just looked up the load cell on their website and unfortunately it looks like they are sold out. I will check back in a week or so to see if they are in stock again

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal 556 View Post
    Ok thanks, I just looked up the load cell on their website and unfortunately it looks like they are sold out. I will check back in a week or so to see if they are in stock again
    I may upgrade my T3PA pro with the Ricmotech load cell mod. $169 is a hard nut to swallow though.

Platform
    PS4
    I haven't been using the conicle break mod that came with the t3pa pedals. Tried it at first and didn't like the braking performance almost felt like I was underbraking. Maybe I just didn't have it adjusted right. Maybe I will throw it on this evening and give it another try and maybe fiddle with the placement adjustment

Platform
    PC
    I haven't been using the conicle break mod that came with the t3pa pedals. Tried it at first and didn't like the braking performance almost felt like I was underbraking. Maybe I just didn't have it adjusted right. Maybe I will throw it on this evening and give it another try and maybe fiddle with the placement adjustment
    Definitely give the conicle brake mod another go. Little odd a first and peddles need some calibration but once you get it figured out times will drop.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Oh man, I can't imagine going back to no brake-mod. Eventually I'll upgrade to a load cell.

When you reinstall the brake-mod, you'll need to recalibrate your pedals to make sure you're not falling short of 100% brake travel. When you do the adjustment procedure in-game, it will detect your range of motion, so be sure not to stomp the pedal too hard during calibration. Just press firmly at the maximum desired brake pressure.

Also, I'd recommend adjusting the cone up quite a bit so that it hits the pedal sooner. The problem with running the cone way down low is that you'll get a lot of brake pedal travel before you hit the cone. This area is really hard to regulate, because there's no resistance from the brake-mod. You want a little bit of braking before you hit the cone so that you can just rest your foot on the brake for light braking, but you don't want any more than about 40%, otherwise you'll have trouble braking smoothly.

Getting the adjustment right takes quite a bit of time. That's one of the big advantages of a load cell, the range-of-motion is 100% load based, so it's much easier to get dialed in (there's no need to adjust the cone height).
    PS4 | Thrustmaster T300RS Ferrari Integral
    Inside Sim Racing Wheel Buyer's Guide

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    there is no denying that the ps4 is the better console and project cars runs alot better then on the xbox one. its a fact.
    and i'm a 15 year long xbox gamer so no fanboyism here. i have been playing alot on the ps4 at a friends house since my tx went in for repair. It's just a better experience overall, and i'm seriously considering to make the jump to ps4. especially now with all the sims coming to consoles.
    The following 7 users likes this Post: Benja190782, denis74, falm, GrimeyDog, Lethal 556, Salty Dog, Titzon Toast

Platform
    XBOX1
    ^^
    I feel EXACTLY the same!

But can I use all my Thrustmaster stuff on PS4 then? (See signature)
    My setup: Xbox One, Thrustmaster TX base, DSD adapter, Isotta aftermarket rim, F599XX EVO 30 wheel, TH8A shifter, T3PA-PRO pedals, 55" Samsung Smart TV, Logitec keyboard, Jamo 5.1 Surround system!