Thread: This happens very often on this track

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4

This happens very often on this track

Is this the type of stuff that can still be fixed or not really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNFcY6J8DRU

Like it says on the title, this happens very, very often on that track with the R8 and the DBR1-2 specially.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Scuderia Paul

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Just tried a race at Circuit de la Sarthe after installing v9.0 and that very thing happened, yet again, in that location. Also, exiting Tetre Rouge at that circuit can see AI crash and abruptly stop in an explosion of carbon fibre although it is not as frequent as the Porsche Curves issue.
    Last edited by Scuderia Paul; 29-02-2016 at 18:54.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yes when a R8 or a DBR1-2 go over the outer kurbs at the exit of Tetre Rouge sometimes it causes them to flip away like at the porshe curves or like you said can just behave erratically and then have to stop, causing chain-reaction accidents. I've seen it happen also at the dunlop chicannes.

I just hope the nature of this issue fits the type of issues they are still willing to fix.
    Last edited by Alexandre Bardet; 16-02-2016 at 10:28.

Platform
    PC
    It has been forwarded to the devs.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following user likes this Post: Scuderia Paul

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Im sorry to bring up this thread again, but I just want to display some more data for the devs in case they want to fix this.

This one I witnessed what happened to the AI from start to finish and I'm driving the TS040 which offers better vision.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jxRjXNjKEg

These two are part of the same, the first shows the accident from my point of view. The second is a replay of the AI car itself in slow motion. It should be the most interesting to watch and the one that should provide the best notion of the issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1lyKjs116Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYnnvhzs_oA
    The following 2 users likes this Post: balderz002, Scuderia Paul

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Got 2 new situations (chicane Maison Blanche and virage du Tertre Rouge) that happened on my last endurance race vs the AI:

Deep into the night, hard rain, almost no tires, moving through backmarkers and under pressure from rear opponent and suddenly the car I am trying to catch decides to fly out and try to kill me:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uS3klqdMljs

Watch the yellow marrek:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMAjNIqYJU0

Apart from these I am yet to post a picture or video of it but the Aston Martin DBR1-2 LMP1 constantly goes slightly airborne for a moment right in the middle of the mulsanne straight sections and at indianapolis.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I think this is a similar bug as the "suspension" bug that is connected to the R8V10 that when the car bottom hits the ground it suddenly stops and goes to neutral gear - happens on several tracks when the bottom hits the track or a curb etc. - the following examples are from Bannochbrae:

Track cam:

Cockpit view with telemetry:

Sometimes it seems that when a cars bottom hits the "floor" (tarmack, curbs, offtrack, ...) something gets over some internal limits and then the physics of the suspension or the whole car goes wild ... results are: jumping in the air, rolling over, coming to a sudden stop etc.
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschließen" W. Röhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)