Thread: Question about the Oreca 03 Nissan and the Alpine A450, who can help?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

Question about the Oreca 03 Nissan and the Alpine A450, who can help?

I did some running with the LMP2 cars these days and enjoyed the open cockpit prototypes quite a lot. I usually release some baseline setups in video format when I manage to take a car to WR pace across a variety of tracks and get good balance in all of them without many changes, so I just did that for the Oreca. Here it is in case anyone wants to have a look.

Now, letīs go with the important bit, the question: will the same setup really work for the Alpine too? Itīs the same car purchased and tuned by a different motorsport team, and the in-game stats reflect that perfectly. They look, behave and feel the same if you ask me, and their default tune is identical.

I like to ask before I mislead anyone, should the same setup work the same across both cars? It looked to me when I tried them as if it did work, but it might be placebo effect... probably someone like Jussi will know exactly what changes under the hood of both cars (and I mean in the game) and could give an answer. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    It's exactly the same car physics wise.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Doge

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Jussi Karjalainen View Post
    It's exactly the same car physics wise.
    So itīs just like an extra livery for the Oreca... That was fast! Thanks a lot mate, glad tosee it wasnīt a placebo thing.

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Doge View Post
    So itīs just like an extra livery for the Oreca... That was fast! Thanks a lot mate, glad tosee it wasnīt a placebo thing.
    Well it's pretty much like that in real life as well. =)

And no problem, happy to help since I had the information lying around anyway. =)
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following user likes this Post: Doge