Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: [PS4] SMS investigation into connection issues

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Renoldo1990 View Post
    It definetly got better over the easter weekend.
    But there were still some reports about "You got disconnected from the PSN" in our racing-league.

The question is whether the problem is more or less fixed or whether it runs better because the online-numbers of the PSN weren't that high because of the easter-holidays.
    Maybe on a "normal" weekend more PSN-Members are online? I don't know.
    That's one thing I'm afraid of, and next Sunday will tell (in our case!)
    PSN: PureMalt77
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Did a test session last night with four of our drivers.
    Session started about 8pm and all four stayed connected until 11:30.
    Need to try with others from USA however all good so far.
    Could this be the end of baron times?!

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    From tonight:

Important information:
    - Was the game migrated to a new host? No - every player was disconnected at the same time.
    - How many players were in the session? Five (with 10 AI).
    - What was the exact message displayed on screen after you were disconnected? You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session. You are now being returned to RACE CENTRAL.
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? This was the first time we've tried playing the game in weeks, but previous attempts were always on Sunday nights and met with people being individually disconnected.
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? As above - only experience is with Sundays.

Additional information:
    - Were all of the players in your race disconnected? Yes.
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Virgin (UK).
    - What connection type do you use between your PS4 and your modem/router? WiFi or Ethernet? Ethernet.
    - What NAT type you have? (PS4 > Settings > Network > View Connection Status at the bottom) Type 2.

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by GammonRod34 View Post
    From tonight:

Important information:
    - Was the game migrated to a new host? No - every player was disconnected at the same time.
    - How many players were in the session? Five (with 10 AI).
    - What was the exact message displayed on screen after you were disconnected? You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session. You are now being returned to RACE CENTRAL.
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? This was the first time we've tried playing the game in weeks, but previous attempts were always on Sunday nights and met with people being individually disconnected.
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? As above - only experience is with Sundays.

Additional information:
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Virgin (UK).
    - What connection type do you use between your PS4 and your modem/router? WiFi or Ethernet? Ethernet.
    - What NAT type you have? (PS4 > Settings > Network > View Connection Status at the bottom) Type 2.
    Almost exactly the same for us, all players got disconnected at the same time. Started a new session and was OK.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I played online today and was disconnected from 3 out of 5 races. I also race in a league on Wednesday nights and was disconnected this past Wednesday. I believe there was another racer also. So, 2 out 16 on a Wednesday. I am Canada, not sure if this issue could be regional?

Platform
    PS4
    - Was the game migrated to a new host? No - every player was disconnected one after the other every 2 to 5 s.
    - How many players were in the session? 11
    - What was the exact message displayed on screen after you were disconnected? Always the same message: You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session. You are now being returned to RACE CENTRAL.
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? it was on monday.
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? It happens sometimes...

Additional information:
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Orange France

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Is there any knowledge that these disconnects affect certain regions more so than others? I was on last night preparing with some of my league racers and I seem to be the only one being disconnected. In a matter of 20 min, I was disconnected 3 times...I from Canada. I have not been able to finish a race in some time.

Was the game migrated to a new host? No
    - How many players were in the session? 10
    - What was the exact message displayed on screen after you were disconnected? Always the same message: You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session. You are now being returned to RACE CENTRAL.
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? Monday
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? Nope..

Additional information:
    - Were all of the players in your race disconnected? No..just me as far as I know.
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Rogers

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by PureMalt77 View Post
    That's one thing I'm afraid of, and next Sunday will tell (in our case!)
    Some update to our last Sunday league:
    Hockenheim GP with Formula B (21 laps), clear conditions. On lap 11 my game crashed to blue screen (I was the host).
    Before patch 10, such crashes caused the host to move to someone else. This time, everybody was dropped.

Was the game migrated to a new host? No
    - How many players were in the session? 10
    - No disconnect per-se, but CE-34878-0
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? Last sunday, around 20:30 CEST.
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? N/A

Additional information:
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Unitymedia Germany
    PSN: PureMalt77
    "If you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver" - Ayrton Senna

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    We're off again

Important information:
    - Was the game migrated to a new host? No
    - How many players were in the session? 4 - (all UK, 3 England, 1 Wales)
    - Is this issue happening only at weekends? No
    - Is there a specific time of the day when this problem is more common? I only race evenings UK time

Additional information:
    - Were all of the players in your race disconnected? Yes, one after the other with about 5 second intervals. The host was 3rd to get dc'd
    - Who is your ISP (internet service provider)? Virgin Media UK
    - What connection type do you use between your PS4 and your modem/router? WiFi or Ethernet? Ethernet
    - What NAT type you have? (PS4 > Settings > Network > View Connection Status at the bottom) 2

Banned
    Platform
    PS4
    WARNING: Positive post

On Saturday evening 9th April, we held a race event consisting of two 1/2 hour races. Lobby was open from 9pm BST until 11:30. Members from England, Wales and USA joined.
    No disconnects!

Thank you, to those who made this work again.