Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 49

Thread: Project Cars 1, things that still need to be fixed / added.

  1. #11
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    its incredible that alot of these missing features wasnt in this "community project" from start.

    Alot of people must have yelded for these features in the making.


    Its a shame, and I think he is right, that some will think twize before buying PC2, im one of them.


    It feels like SMS only use time on small fixes and DLC material, hopefully not true.
    Maybe the game didnt sell as good as expected?
    I also find it incredible that a game didn't deliver everything that everyone could possibly want. It is indeed a shame. Definitely think twice before buying pCARS2 because I can tell you now, it won't have everything that everyone could possibly want.

  2. #12
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,506
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    I have spend more than 500 hours playing pcars, and I still love the game, but from a PC perspective, some essential multiplayer features are missing or are in very bad shape.

    But maybe I must just face that no pc game anymore is a "long term" game.


    Instead of making a Pcars2, they should in my opinion, build on what they already have and fine tune it to perfection.

    This could be funded by DLC content or even "enchanted DLC"/upgrade, does not mind that.
    But making a product where parts of it are in bad shape, and then just say hey it will be better in Pcars2 in 2017 which will be a new game, thats not the way to keep loyal fans.

    But yes, despite all the flaws, like gridstart faults, disconnected steeringwheel, bad connection opponents flying around track, poorly multiplayer game lists, poorly multiclass setup, missing multiple saved setups per car/track, missing setup sharing, missing online livery.......I could go on..... dispite all that I still play it and enjoy it and have alot of fun.



    Some might think some of those flaws I mention are asking for too much, in my opinion they are essential in multiplayer games and I have seen all of them in games (even in all in one) developed by smaller teams than SMS. The only thing Pcars have thats others dont in combination are great graphics (which sells) and great physics.
    I would love to see some long term SP!! shooters again. Not some stupid 5 hr campaign from the likes of Battlefield or CoD. So, yes, long term games ARE lacking.

    But "enhancing" the first iteration of Pcars isn't an option because many many things people request cannot be implemented in pcars 1 due to some engine limitations. That's why some really big parts of the engine are going to be re-written for pcars 2 to make them work. You cannot "patch in" a rewrite like this into an already up and running game. It will probably turn the game into a completely unplayable pile of software-goo.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Konan


  3. #13
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,186
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I also find it incredible that a game didn't deliver everything that everyone could possibly want. It is indeed a shame. Definitely think twice before buying pCARS2 because I can tell you now, it won't have everything that everyone could possibly want.
    You forgot to add: as has no game...
    The following user likes this Post: Ian Bell


  4. #14
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,186
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    I would love to see some long term SP!! shooters again. Not some stupid 5 hr campaign from the likes of Battlefield or CoD. So, yes, long term games ARE lacking.

    But "enhancing" the first iteration of Pcars isn't an option because many many things people request cannot be implemented in pcars 1 due to some engine limitations. That's why some really big parts of the engine are going to be re-written for pcars 2 to make them work. You cannot "patch in" a rewrite like this into an already up and running game. It will probably turn the game into a completely unplayable pile of software-goo.
    Right you are mate...for the hundredth of time (but who's counting)....lol

  5. #15
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    237
    Platform
    PC
    Im not one of those keep asking for more cars, tracks, this and that carclasses. Im more interested in those features that makes the game good, comfortably, and working like it should do, all the long term quality stuff.

    For instant, SMS spend alot of time promoting Engineer cheif, and it all came down to a "man" with few words who forgot the essentials. Thank god for the 3rdparty program Crewchief, and that's a great "logn term" feature from SMS that there are api' available to do so. Hopefully those API will almost be identical in pcars2 or alot of people can start over again.



    @Invincible

    kinda "good news" to hear that the reason for not implementing more features are the engine limitations. Never read that before, its understandable, sort of.
    If SMS had posted that statement long time ago, I would have accepted it right up front with no hard feelings. Sadly I just found out now, but hey I normally doesnt read all the long discussions, just got caught up in this.



    For pcars2: please look at other game's core features and notice the qualities in their multiplayer parts, thats all, thank you for listening.

    Will Pcars2 be a long term game?
    My Simraceway SRW-S1 mod on G27: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ay-wheel/page3
    My DIY Raceseat and Wheel http://www.vgraphics.dk
    Using Mr. Belowski's fantastic program CrewChief - an alternative race engineer http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users

  6. #16
    CEO - SMS Group. Ian Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    5,016
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    Im not one of those keep asking for more cars, tracks, this and that carclasses. Im more interested in those features that makes the game good, comfortably, and working like it should do, all the long term quality stuff.

    For instant, SMS spend alot of time promoting Engineer cheif, and it all came down to a "man" with few words who forgot the essentials. Thank god for the 3rdparty program Crewchief, and that's a great "logn term" feature from SMS that there are api' available to do so. Hopefully those API will almost be identical in pcars2 or alot of people can start over again.



    @Invincible

    kinda "good news" to hear that the reason for not implementing more features are the engine limitations. Never read that before, its understandable, sort of.
    If SMS had posted that statement long time ago, I would have accepted it right up front with no hard feelings. Sadly I just found out now, but hey I normally doesnt read all the long discussions, just got caught up in this.



    For pcars2: please look at other game's core features and notice the qualities in their multiplayer parts, thats all, thank you for listening.

    Will Pcars2 be a long term game?
    It depends where the money is Thomas. If I can sustain my company better with long term DLC's I'll go that route. If I can earn more for my team with sequels, I'll go that route.
    The following 5 users likes this Post: F1_Racer68, Fight-Test, IJerichoI, Linus Leader, Namron


  7. #17
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,186
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    Im not one of those keep asking for more cars, tracks, this and that carclasses. Im more interested in those features that makes the game good, comfortably, and working like it should do, all the long term quality stuff.

    For instant, SMS spend alot of time promoting Engineer cheif, and it all came down to a "man" with few words who forgot the essentials. Thank god for the 3rdparty program Crewchief, and that's a great "logn term" feature from SMS that there are api' available to do so. Hopefully those API will almost be identical in pcars2 or alot of people can start over again.





    @Invincible

    kinda "good news" to hear that the reason for not implementing more features are the engine limitations. Never read that before, its understandable, sort of.
    If SMS had posted that statement long time ago, I would have accepted it right up front with no hard feelings. Sadly I just found out now, but hey I normally doesnt read all the long discussions, just got caught up in this.



    For pcars2: please look at other game's core features and notice the qualities in their multiplayer parts, thats all, thank you for listening.

    Will Pcars2 be a long term game?
    This has actually been stated a couple of months before (hence my post "hundredth time")
    I believe it was somewhere around Christmas....
    The following user likes this Post: Invincible


  8. #18
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    237
    Platform
    PC
    @Konan

    Sorry must have missed that.



    @Ian

    Thought the DLC's was a way of making it a longterm release & income, but that's not a sustainable business case, apparently.




    Thanks for the talk.
    My Simraceway SRW-S1 mod on G27: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...ay-wheel/page3
    My DIY Raceseat and Wheel http://www.vgraphics.dk
    Using Mr. Belowski's fantastic program CrewChief - an alternative race engineer http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...r-for-PC-users
    The following user likes this Post: Konan


  9. #19
    WMD Member Invincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Near Frankfurt a.M.
    Posts
    3,506
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    @Ian

    Thought the DLC's was a way of making it a longterm release & income, but that's not a sustainable business case, apparently.
    Thing is, that the DLC barely even cover the costs of making / licensing them. At least at the prices SMS is selling them for. So currently they are more or less selling it at cost price.

    So if SMS wants to build a sustainable business plan on DLC, they have to up their DLC prices quite a bit.
    Last edited by Invincible; 22-02-2016 at 09:09.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing



    New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Konan


  10. #20
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    13,186
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasjohansen View Post
    @Konan

    Sorry must have missed that.



    @Ian

    Thought the DLC's was a way of making it a longterm release & income, but that's not a sustainable business case, apparently.




    Thanks for the talk.
    No harm done...
    As for the DLC,i don't think that generates enough income to make substantial changes to the game...as Ian stated,most of the changes/additions were however done for free....
    They really can't keep pumping money in a title already released...

    Edit:shanghai'd by [Invincible]

Similar Threads

  1. PROJECT CARS 2. wants things id like to see
    By homerlvsbeer in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-02-2016, 14:58
  2. Things I'd like to see improved aka.DEMANDS IN PROJECT CARS
    By seb02 in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 22-07-2015, 02:03
  3. why are people say such mean things about project cars
    By sharklasers00 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-07-2015, 21:47
  4. What would you like to see added in Project cars ?
    By Flins in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-06-2015, 12:48
  5. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 15-06-2015, 14:45

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •