Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Project Cars 1, things that still need to be fixed / added.

Platform
    PC
    Myself, i would have been happily prepared to pay for the dlc 2 or 3 times the price that SMS charged, i have recently started playing iRacing and if SMS had of upped the price of all the dlc, anyone that would complain and say £10-15 is way too much for a few cars and a track you try adding 2 or 3 GT3 cars and 3 or 4 tracks just to be able to race in the car class you enjoy the most and on your favorite tracks.
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K 3.90GHz Turbo | MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 7 Intel Z97 | MEMORY: 16.00GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | GPU: 2 x MSI GTX970 4GB GAMING TWIN FROZER SLI | Primary Monitor: BenQ 27" XL2730Z 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) 144Hz | Secondry Monitor: HannsG HG216D" 22" 1680 x 1050 60Hz | Tablet: 9" Inch Quad Core Camera Android 4.4 16GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 650 W | Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi MB3 | Speakers: Dell MMS 5650 5.1 | OS Drive: 120GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO | Games Drive: Samsung 120GB 850 Evo SSD |Back Up Drive: 1TB Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (SATA) | External Storage: 1TB Western Digital WD Ext HDD | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit |Cockpit: GT Omega Pro Racing Simulator Professional - RS6 Seat | Wheel: Logitech G27 | Pedals: Thrustmaster T3PA PRO | Headset: Gamdias HEPHAESTUS GHS2000 | Keyboard/Mouse: Logitech MX3200 cordless. |

DX11 | 2560x1440 | POST PROCESSING FILTER: ON | LENS FLARE: ON | SUN FLARE EXT: FULL| SUN FLARE INT: FULL | BLOOM: ON | RAIN DROPS: ON | CREPSULAR RAYS: YES | SCREEN DIRT: YES | TEXT RES: HIGH | TEXT FILT: 16X | AA: DS2M | FXAA: HIGH | SMAA: OFF | REFLECTIONS:HIGH | ENVIRONMENT: HIGH | CAR: ULTRA | TRACK: ULTRA | SHADOW: ULTRA | M BLUR: LOW | RENDER FRAMES: 2 | GRASS: LOW | PARTICLE LEVEL: HIGH | PARTICLE DENSITY: HIGH | STRETCHED HEADLIGHTS: YES |
    The following user likes this Post: EpilepticToast

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    The biggest compliment I can pay SMS is that despite menus so labyrinthian I keep tripping over Minotaur droppings, despite needing deep-sea drilling equipment to navigate the UI, despite Lewis Carroll having final sign-off on design decisions, despite patches carrying more bugs than a hooker's gusset... despite all these things I still leave every sweaty session with a Joker-wide smile and a jackhammer heart. Project CARS gave console motorsport sims a long-overdue and much-needed punch up the chutney and, despite its flaws, exceeds everything I ever dared hoped from it.
    Last edited by Mascot; 22-02-2016 at 09:58.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following 4 users likes this Post: GrimeyDog, Invincible, JohnSchoonsBeard, Konan

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    All I want from Pcars 1 now is when you turn off the graphics for the starting lights, the sound goes with it (that noise for each row of lights coming on then all going off) I'd like to just be able to rely purely on the real lights on track. Being able to turn off the graphics is great, but even when I try not to I use the sound counting down to gauge when the lights are coming on/going out.

If SMS can simply remove the sound for the starting lights when the graphics are turned off I will never ask for anything again until Pcars 2

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Bell View Post
    I also find it incredible that a game didn't deliver everything that everyone could possibly want. It is indeed a shame. Definitely think twice before buying pCARS2 because I can tell you now, it won't have everything that everyone could possibly want.
    My clan (AOD) has had almost 200 current and past members in our Project Cars division. While some are just passerby's that have already gone on to their next game, most are dedicated Sim Racers. And a good number of those sim racers just got tired of dealing with the bugs and lack of features I listed above.

Project Cars 1 could be **THE** entry level sim for the ages. My list doesn't include any new content (except for oval tracks). All it is are things that would make the game function as close to perfect as possible. I want it to be so people will want to show up and not be pestered by the lack of basic features of Project Cars. I want it so that admins can run a good room, run it well, much like an actual race steward would.

People want Project Cars to be awesome. Even those AOD members that have left for more solidly created racing games still check back in frequently, like after every single patch. Convince them to come back!

Umer Ahmad
    To be crystal clear: 99% of the list in Post #1 WILL NOT make it to pcars1.....EVER.

(Full Disclosure: I also have an AOD account)

The game is what it is at this point. Simracers will decide how to best spend their time (Forza, Project CARS, something else....) and those that have "left" may or may not consider pcars2 in 2017 as some of the listed features in post #1 are targeted for pcars2.
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Umer Ahmad View Post
    To be crystal clear: 99% of the list in Post #1 WILL NOT make it to pcars1.....EVER.

(Full Disclosure: I also have an AOD account)

The game is what it is at this point. Simracers will decide how to best spend their time (Forza, Project CARS, something else....) and those that have "left" may or may not consider pcars2 in 2017 as some of the listed features in post #1 are targeted for pcars2.

Yep...it's about time people start to realise that this is a finished product (except for DLC/patches and the occasional tweaks)and no MAJOR changes will be done anymore because that would risk ruining the game...
    I'm not a WMD member,SMS employee or whatever,but by reading posts on this forum i know about as much as they do...so i suggest to everyone that,instead of posting things already known,that they do some research ahead instead....
    No offence intended to anyone in particular...just generally speaking...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    My clan (AOD) has had almost 200 current and past members in our Project Cars division. While some are just passerby's that have already gone on to their next game, most are dedicated Sim Racers. And a good number of those sim racers just got tired of dealing with the bugs and lack of features I listed above.

Project Cars 1 could be **THE** entry level sim for the ages. My list doesn't include any new content (except for oval tracks). All it is are things that would make the game function as close to perfect as possible. I want it to be so people will want to show up and not be pestered by the lack of basic features of Project Cars. I want it so that admins can run a good room, run it well, much like an actual race steward would.

People want Project Cars to be awesome. Even those AOD members that have left for more solidly created racing games still check back in frequently, like after every single patch. Convince them to come back!
    IMO pCARS is already awesome for what it is. I also have my personal wishlist, but enjoy pC1 for what it is and look forward to how pC2 is going to improve on it.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think
    The following 4 users likes this Post: EpilepticToast, GrimeyDog, JohnSchoonsBeard, Konan

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Remco Van Dijk View Post
    IMO pCARS is already awesome for what it is. I also have my personal wishlist, but enjoy pC1 for what it is and look forward to how pC2 is going to improve on it.

I second that...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    And that's what I find so exciting about the series. Looking at PCARS1 and seeing what's already been accomplished, and then thinking about the potential there still is for PCARS2. The fact that features are being moved to PCARS2 doesn't really bother me at all, I've already got more than my 40 worth of game with the amount time I've spent on it, and it's time I've enjoyed spending on it too.
    ...You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thank you David for the opportunity, thank you for the wisdom, thank you for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes David Brent. I must remember to thank him.'
    The following 5 users likes this Post: APR193, Fight-Test, GrimeyDog, Jaroslav Turna, Konan

Quote Originally Posted by Invincible View Post
    Thing is, that the DLC barely even cover the costs of making / licensing them. At least at the prices SMS is selling them for. So currently they are more or less selling it at cost price.

So if SMS wants to build a sustainable business plan on DLC, they have to up their DLC prices quite a bit.
    Making the DLC at cost is very much an investment for SMS. Remember, everything they create belongs to them now, not a publisher like EA. Having a big catalog of already created material is such a big boost to productivity going forward and no one can ever take it away
    System Specs: Intel i7 Quad Core @ 3.4 GHZ : Geforce GTX970 4GB : Soundblaster Audigy 2 : 8 GB RAM : Win7 64bit : Fatatec Clubsport Wheel : Fanatec Clubsport Pedals : Obutto Racing Cockpit : LG 34" UltraWide LCD Monitor : Logitech G110 Gaming Keyboard : Logitech G500 Gaming Mouse : Butt Kicker Gamer 2 Bass Shaker.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Ian Bell, Konan