Thread: Feature request: Race Director mode

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Feature request: Race Director mode

Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find a thread matching this thought.

I'd like to see a Race Director mode for online events, typically leagues or arranged events etc. This would give a player greater control over arranging online sessions. Of course, they would not actually drive in the race, but they could have a Charlie Whiting seat from which to wield their godlike powers. They would have numerous cameras available to them to do with as they choose, would have veto over handing out penalties, muting players, kicking troublemakers and so on. The Race Director would have the ability to speak to all or specific players and could not be muted.

I see this being useful for organised events, i.e. private sessions, as there is potential for abuse in public lobbies. You could even give players the ability to vote out an abusive Race Director in a similar manner to kicking bad players at the moment.

Any thoughts?
    The following 2 users likes this Post: f1lover, spacepadrille

Nice, but won´t happen. There will be no new features in PC1.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4,4 GHz Motherboard: msi Z170A GamingPro RAM: 16GB Graphic: msi GTX 1080Ti Sound: Logitech G933/Riftaudio
    OS: Windows 10 64 Bit Wheel: Thrustmaster Ferrari F1 Integrale, Thrustmaster TH8RS Shifter Display: Oculus Rift

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Dan View Post
    Nice, but won´t happen. There will be no new features in PC1.
    Would be nice to see in Project Cars 2 then

Platform
    PC
    No harm in asking and that's what this section is for (I moved your post to the proper area).
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Safety car control would be cool too. The leagues I used to play in on Forza would do that - have one guy be the safety car and run the pace laps and come out after any major incident, and it was actually pretty fun.

Wouldn't really need any programming on SMS' part, just a car with an official looking livery and the ability to disclude it from timing and scoring.

Platform
    PC
    Our league use to run a Safety car, Just a Gumpret done up with a SC skin.

Then on bad incidents he would go out and draw the field in as he would be spectating. On GT3 events he would do the formation lap, on the 4th last turn given the circuit he would speed away then peel in to pits and spectate the race. He also acted as the Race Director.
    Now as he was a number of laps down he was always classed as DNF or last, we always just omitted him from the results.

Not quite what your after but it was the best we could do. Seemed to go well and he enjoyed it.
    CPU-i7 4770, MOBO- Asus Maximus Hero VI, RAM- 12GB, GPU- Nvidia GTX970 G1 Gaming, MONITORS- 3 x 27" Viewsonic. HDD 2x 2TB, 3x1TB, 1x 250GB SSD w/OS Win10 64bit
    WHEEL- G27 w/ Frex Sequential Shifter, DSD FVSII Button Box.

I may not be the Best but its a passion that i have for Livery design and My current work shows my passion. Feel free to look at my liveries at Photobucket