Platform
    PS4

Introducing the Playseat Project CARS

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Playseat®-Project-CARS-header.png 
Views:	720 
Size:	386.4 KB 
ID:	228205

Project CARS racers can now hit the track in style as Playseat has unveiled the Playseat® Project CARS!

Developed in cooperation with Slighty Mad Studios and professional race car drivers, the Playseat® Project CARS wraps all of Playseat's experience in building durable racing rigs in Project CARS' iconic design.

Made using high quality, durable materials such as genuine black alcantara, the fully-adjustable Playseat® Project CARS features handmade stitched Project CARS artwork made using unique color-matched materials.

The Playseat® Project CARS is compatible to all steering wheels on the market.

Find out more.

Wales. Not WELSH Wales, but Wales nevertheless.
    Platform
    PC
    Looks very nice..!
    I wish Playseat would address the lack of lumbar support though. They can get seriously uncomfortable with extended use. An ergonomic redesign is long overdue.
    Last edited by Mascot; 24-02-2016 at 09:08.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Beatminister, boksandbom, morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Nice! Looks great! Where can I apply for a free sample for product testing?!
    Last edited by Invincible; 24-02-2016 at 09:13.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted SOLD / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following 6 users likes this Post: cluck, crowtrobot, Fendar, Heinz Martin, Konan, Reiche

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mascot View Post
    Looks very nice..!
    I wish Playseat would address the lack of lumbar support though. They can get seriously uncomfortable with extended use. An ergonomic redesign is long overdue.
    Have to agree with this, but still a nice looking starter product
    CPU:i7 8700K | RAM:Corsair 32GB 3000MHz | GPU:Asus ROG GTX1080 Ti 11GB | Board:Asus Rog Strix Z370-E | Win 10 x64 |
    SEn:to suit | FF:100 | Sho:100 | Abs:50 | For:100 | SPr:100 | dPr:100 | Nat DMP :25| Nat FRI: 005|brF:50| F.EFF.INT:100
    Sim Lab P1 Rig| Fanatec DD2, Wheel Rim GT, Pedals V3 ,Shifter SQ

Platform
    PS4
    Looks very nice..!
    Yep.

I've managed to get around it by strapping an alcantara lumbar log in around the velcro back panel. Works great & looks like it's actually part of the seat, but for the price of the Playseat you shouldn't really have to resort to DIY measures.
    Wheel: Thrustmaster T300RS with Ferrari F1 Rim
    Pedals: G27 Seat: Playseat Revolution GT PSN: chig88

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chig88 View Post
    Yep.

I've managed to get around it by strapping an alcantara lumbar log in around the velcro back panel. Works great & looks like it's actually part of the seat, but for the price of the Playseat you shouldn't really have to resort to DIY measures.
    I bought a small rectangular cushion to do the same thing for my Forza Playseat but in the end sold the chair and fitted a Recaro instead for far greater comfort and no more Betty Swollocks from the fake leather vinyl.

Good to see this pCARS one is alcantara, but it really wouldn't take much for Playseat to pad the lower back area a bit. It's incredibly short-sighted of them to stick with the original profile.
    980Ti & i5 6600k, Oculus Rift CV1, Fanatec CSW2.5, Porsche 918 RSR rim, Formula Carbon rim, BMW GT2 rim, CSS v1.5, Clubsport handbrake, CSP v3, Crew Chief through HMD, Sim Lab P1 cockpit, Sparco R333 seat, SFX-100 chassis mover motion platform, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Yamaha 5.1, 50" 4K TV, uncorked bottle of Glenmorangie

Platform
    PS4
    Looks really nice! Love to see a rseat rs1 project cars version as well...
    DC-SimRacing/Team DCS
    www.DC-SimRacing.NL

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    All of the playseats on the market look great, this looks to be a great addition. Unfortunately I do not have the privilege of having space for using or storing one of these. The one posted above looks to be more comfortable than the playeseat evolution, then again, looks can be deceiving.
    Last edited by Wacky-Racer; 24-02-2016 at 11:09.

Platform
    PC
    Looks very nice..!
    Lumbar supports on racing seats are normally removable.. so you can add any velcro attached support. I use a sparco one (they are normally cheap, depending if it's a fixed one or a inflatable one), they exists of every form and size.
    Main: Intel X5670 @4.2Ghz on ASUS Rampage III, GTX 980Ti Hybrid, 24GB RAM CORSAIR 1600, 4TB SSD, SB X-FI Titanium, Corsair AX850W, Dell U3011 30" 2560x1600 - OS: W7 Ultimate x64
    Backup: Intel i7 950 @3.6Ghz on ASUS Rampage II, 2 x GTX 780, 12GB RAM CORSAIR 1600, 2TB WD, SB X-FI MB, Corsair TX850W, Dell 3008WFP 30" 2560x1600 - OS: W7 Ultimate x64

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Vittorio Rapa View Post
    Lumbar supports on racing seats are normally removable.. so you can add any velcro attached support. I use a sparco one (they are normally cheap, depending if it's a fixed one or a inflatable one), they exists of every form and size.
    Yeah, see my follow-up post above - I used a small cushion to get a similar effect. The basic comfort and support offered by Playseats could easily be improved though. I don't think the chair design has evolved much (if at all) since the product launched. Some rivals have far more ergonomic solutions as their basic overall design.