Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Project CARS - US Race Car Pack – Content Overview

Platform
    PC
    I have to agree in regards to F1. It has become irrelevant. I stopped following it somewhere around 2003.

It's always been a bit of a predicatable procession, even in the late 90' and early 2000's, but at least then there were drivers with personalities who would speak their minds. These days they all seem to stick to the same pre-sterilized scripts.

Makes it hard to find a driver to root for and therefore really eliminates the main draw to the sport. Add to that the current state of the cars/rules and well...... it just makes for a sport that is on life support.....

SportsCar racing (WEC, IMSA, Blancpain, PWC, etc.) seems to be where it is at right now for pure racing and excitement. DTM is also right up there. All are far more interesting than F1.
    CanAm Virtual Racing League - League President Twitter: @canamvrl @F1_Racer68
    System Specs
    CPU - AMD FX-8370 w/Wraith Cooler MoBo - GB-78LMT-USB3 (Rev 6.0) RAM - 24GB 1600 DDR3, Video - Zotac GTX1060 AMP! 6GB DDR5, OS - Win10 Pro 64bit, SSD - Corsair 240GB Force LE, Controller - Fanatec CSW v2.5, CSL Elite LC Pedals, DIY Button Box, G27 Shifter (USB) Monitor - Samsung UN28H4000AF 28" LED x3
    The following 4 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, Dynomight Motorsports, Namron, Plato99

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    F1 will be even more of a joke next year when its stops being proper open wheel racing, the halo looks aweful!

Platform
    PC
    i dont see why they cant go with a fighter-jet style canopy, like on the Caparo T1. Keeps the look of open cockpit but protects the driver, and wont impair vision like a vertical bar in the middle of the car
    ***ALL MY TIRE RELATED DISCUSSION ARE REFERRING TO MODERN GT/LMP TIRES***
    PC Rig: intel i7-6700k @ 1.21 gigawatts of electricity | Gigabyte Z170X G1 Gaming | EVGA 1080 Ti SC2 Gaming | Fanatec CSL Elite Base | CSL Elite Load-Cell Pedals | Formula F1 2018 Wheel
    Other endeavours: lacrosse, hockey, snowboarding, DCS F/A-18C

Platform
    PC
    It's one particular car i really like in this pack and that's the Austin Martin Vantage GT12. It's so wonderful to drive, the handling is perfect and i must say that i think it's the best sounding car inside cockpit in the game. SMS did a really good job with the engine-sound changing through the whole range as well as when deaccelerating you can hear pops from the exhaust and the engines mechanical sounds. Thumbs up SMS
    Last edited by MAARTEN; 13-03-2016 at 19:25.
    My rig: Playseat Evolution - T500RS wheel with T3PA pro pedals - TH8A shifter - GT Omega monitorstand. PC-specs: ASUS Z97-A motherboard, Intel Core i7 4790K 4Ghz 8 MB, ASUS Geforce GTX 980TI 6GB, 16GB DDR3 RAM, 250 GB SSD, 2TB HD, Win 10. 3 X ACER 24" XB240H 144 Hz G-sync. Buttkicker Gamer 2 + Simvibe software. Derek SpeareDesigns P1 button box.
    Pics of my rig -- My Youtube-channel
    The following 3 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, maxx69

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    There's alot of cars I really like but don't drive because in the steering wheel is not in the center of the view in cockpit view. It's amplified with my triple screen setup. I just can't drive when I have to reach over to the left to hold grab the wheel. I believe the Mertek is one of them but there are at least three or four I can remember that are this way. Just wasted cars when they are that way. It's a shame too because otherwise they are all awesome and I would have loved to compete with them. The pCars people just wont fix them even though they've been told repeatedly. Sad stuff!!!!
    Last edited by Stryker44; 12-03-2016 at 17:26.
    CPU: i7 6850-K@4.2GHz 6-core (12 logical) | GPU: ASUS Poseidon GTX980 | Mobo: ASUS Rampage V Extreme | RAM: 4x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2400 | PSU: Coolermaster 1050W | HD: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 512 | Montor: ( 3 ) ASUS VG248QE 144hz 1ms | Water-Cooling: All EK with 12mm acrlyic tubing | Wheel: Logitech G27

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by MAARTEN View Post
    It's one particular car i really like in this pack and that's the Austin Martin Vantage GT12. It's so wonderful to drive, the handling is perfect and i must say that i think it's the best sounding car inside cockpit in the game. SMS did a really good job with the engine-sound changing through the whole range as well as when deaccelerating you can hear pops from the exhaust and the engines mechanical sounds. Thumbs up SMS
    Have to agree , I love this car . It's so much fun to drive I actually forget to race it and just enjoy popping the arse out in the corners , making massive plumes of tyre smoke ...go,go gadget smoke screen
    Very happy customer
    The following user likes this Post: MAARTEN

Platform
    XBOX1
    Played with the new content for the first time this weekend. Absolutely LOVE the Corvette!
    The sound, the twitchy back end, great fun to drive. I now have a new favourite GT3 car (sorry RUF!)
    Worth the £3 just for the 'vette.
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: AbeWoz, BullWinkle

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stryker44 View Post
    There's alot of cars I really like but don't drive because in the steering wheel is not in the center of the view in cockpit view. It's amplified with my triple screen setup. I just can't drive when I have to reach over to the left to hold grab the wheel. I believe the Mertek is one of them but there are at least three or four I can remember that are this way. Just wasted cars when they are that way. It's a shame too because otherwise they are all awesome and I would have loved to compete with them. The pCars people just wont fix them even though they've been told repeatedly. Sad stuff!!!!
    I'm not sure what's happening with those cars you mentioned, but isn't it solvable with the Ctrl+K combo?
    You move the camera to a position where the wheel is in the center of the view and you're good to go.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoAkane View Post
    I'm not sure what's happening with those cars you mentioned, but isn't it solvable with the Ctrl+K combo?
    You move the camera to a position where the wheel is in the center of the view and you're good to go.
    yes, but one hast to do this everytime the car is loaded, because those changed viewpoint-settings seem not to be saved at all
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschlieίen" W. Rφhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBrakes View Post
    yes, but one hast to do this everytime the car is loaded, because those changed viewpoint-settings seem not to be saved at all
    This really bothers me, one of the things I would like most would be that the camera position saved for each car. I've had to sacrifice the whole dpad on my xbox controller to make sure that I get the position I want for each car everytime I use it. Most cars defaults are fine but some (Renault RS-01 can't see right side mirror, Sierra Cosworth feels way too close and high for my liking) don't feel right. I'd much rather be able to save the camera position and free up those four buttons for brake bias/anti roll bar adjustments etc