Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My experience in Forza 6 after months of only playing Project Cars

Banned
    Platform
    PC

My experience in Forza 6 after months of only playing Project Cars

So, as you guys know Forza has launch the Porsche pack and with the people talking about it, I decided to try again Forza... not only because I payed 100+ euros for the vip (how stupid I am), but because I wanted to drive Ferraris and other supercars...

Months ago I stop playing Forza, because all the problems.. and because the Project Cars felt diferent to me... but... I decided to give it another chance with clean mind and start over!

So, to make things easier, I chose a track that I was used in the Poject Cars - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) and the Audi R15 to not have any type of problems.

In the menu I started to have the bad feel again... the bonnus stuf... the tolkiens... wtf is this? then It didn`t have training or warm up... "so I will race without even train?" very very bad, but ok... I take a breath... and start the race.

In the first 30 seconds.. another thing..... why cannot ear the sound of my car? WTF? Then I SAW IT AGAIN and remembered all the bad feelings! THE CARS crashing around me with the sounds of popcorns. Dozens of little touches --- "toc" "toc" "toc" "toc" "toc" . Popcorns sounds everywhere. And the tires sounds in curves at 30km/h.... "chiiiiiccc" "chiiiiiiiiiiiicc" "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic" "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic" "chiiiiiccc" "chiiiiiiiiiiiicc" "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic" "chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiic" for god sake! Unbearable! I'll go deaf with those tires sounds.

My cockpit cam, was fuck*ng annoying with the backseat view like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_zpsksaldlv7.jpg 
Views:	412 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	229396

And the feeling of the car... it`s unexplainable .. so bad, so baddd. I could not even feel the car (And I`m not talking about the ffb in the TX)! The controll of the car is RIDICULOUS! It was like driving a magic carpet. The track.. without the micro bumps... no engineer..... After months of playing Project Cars, I felt that I was playing need for speed, but driving in the back seat. I feel sorry for the people that keep playing forza.

And a message for SMS: Sometimes I point out errors in Project Cars. I do it many times... but the truth is that, in the middle of so much garbage, is like a Diamond. It`s a GREAT simulator and you really FEEL what is racing. Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by flybikes; 08-03-2016 at 07:30.

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I can assist this a lot. Having pCARS on the PC-side since WMD some Month ago a community friend - and also WMD member - suggested that I really should give Forza a try because "it's soooo good". Well on Black Friday sales Microsoft offered a special XBOX Forza edition for a nice price and I did it. After beeing a PC guide for over 20 years I bought a console... to play Forza. What a bad idea. As I am not able to play it with a gamepad - on the PC I am used to wheels and have a really good Fanatec wheel for nearly 2 years now - I bought the Fantec XB1-CSL-Rim an tried Forza. I really tried to get used to it, but I never got any feeling of driving a car. The so called "FFB" is a total crap. Yes graphics are o.k. But then how ridiculous is it to drive in aquaplaning situations just to see some nice water effects on your screen. Well: to not dump the XB1 at once I bought pCARS for it to have some casual racing fun when I am away from home and my PC - and all I can say: besides all restrictions the console version has to have, pCARS feels so much better than this over hyped Forza crap.

And when I read now that MS wants to bring some kind of Free2Play version of Forza to promote Windows10 on the PC side, I think that this will become another big fail. They just anounced that it even wouldn't have any driving wheel support in the beginning - well after having tried it on the XB1 they would not only have to add this but fundamentally change the whole driving experience if they like to convince any serious PC sim racer to even try this
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschließen" W. Röhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: casscroute, flybikes, STEELJOCKEY

Platform
    XBOX1
    Every time I look at a screen shot of the cockpit view in Forza I just fall to pieces about it. Never have I ever been driving a car and was able to plainly see the bottom of my steering wheel like that. It looks like you have the back of the seat laid back to the rear seat. Its just unbelievable how this seemed to be correct enough to use as the one and only cockpit view.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: flybikes, NoBrakes

Platform
    PS4
    Dear ALMIGHTY
    Please save me from in-games tokens, currencies and other penny pinching, money skimming schemes that some developers pride themselves on introducing
    Amen
    D
    We'll grind that axe for a long time... Darrell "Dimebag" Lance Abbott, August 20 August 1966 – 8 December 2004
    Chi Ling Dai Cheng, 15 July 1970 – 13 April 2013
    Henry John Surtees, 18 February 1991 - 19 July 2009
    PSN: DiamondEyes179
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Rober, Salty Dog

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    I am so appalled that what was once a great game, now promotes gambling. And kids can buy this game and basically do just that. How did that get past the censors? That's one of the reasons why I gave it up in the first week of playing it, amongst so many other poor rubbish things going on in it.

I'll stick with Project Cars for SERIOUS racing.
    XB GT - Steel Jockey. Steam GT - STEELJOCKEY.Project CARS 2 GOLD Member
    FB AUS/NZ Combined Racing League YouTube Mrsteeljockey
    Xbox Scorpio,TS-XW, Sparco P310 rim, Protosimtech PT2 pedals, racing cockpit, Onkyo 7.1, Panasonic 55"
    Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming, i9-9900k, 32gb DDR4-2133, Aorus GTX 1080Ti Xtreme, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500gb, WD Blue 2tb HDD, Oculus Rift S

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I don't think comparing those two games makes much sense, because they take a different approach at the whole racing theme. pCars tries to simulate racing as closely as possible, while Forza is more a real "Game" that approaches the mass market. Nothing wrong with either approach at the thing but if you start up forza or any other casual driving game and expect a simulation than it shouldn't be surprising to be disappointed afterwards. I'm happy that Forza exists because those who play and enjoy it might take a look elsewhere and find themselves playing more simulation focused games and at the end of the day they might end up playing pCars, AC or Dirt Rally.
    I can't stand fanboys who defend 'their' game to death, but I also can't stand bashing a game for being the game that it is. As long as people have fun with it, they should play it. Same thing in other game genres as well, in FPS Battlefield always claims to be 'realistic' while it is still nowhere near as realistic as say the ARMA franchise. Nothing wrong there either.

Still I have to admit that I've been spoiled by pCars as well, had some fun with The Run before picking up pCars and lately tried it again, but meh, its not much more than accelerate/brake/left/right.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: casscroute, Reinart86

Platform
    PS4
    Ah that old chestnut...
    Does anyone remember, just before FM5 released, Turn10 was banging on about all the tyre testing they'd done to simulate realistic behaviour for their new title... How they had more data than the tyre manufacturers themselves...
    Lol what a joke...
    G29 FFB RAW 100-40-5-10
    The following 5 users likes this Post: casscroute, Fight-Test, Haiden, mazinga, NoBrakes

Platform
    PC
    i stopped playing forza with the 4th incarnation.

I really loved Forza 2, and liked 3 too.. but with 4 I told myself that this game is heading into a wrong direction and I stopped playing it. And I'm not likely to begin again, even as a free2play title. Get your shit together Turn10 and try to make a decent racing game again.

FM ended up being a big car showcase with no serious ambitions to please the needs of the racing fan.

So in the end only kids, who want to collect and paint cars and upgrade them, are playing Forza and I don't think Turn10 has to put effort in programming physics (or big ass static puddles lmfao) anymore. Just let it be what it is now.. an arcade-racer that desperately trys to impress with physics.. so it is what it is.. stop trying to make it something else.. start a new project, focused on racing, without EVERY car in the world... make it a serious thing. Merge Forza Horizon and Forza Motorsport to one game with arcadephysics (the players won't even notice I bet) and start something new.. you cannot save FM Franchise.. not unless you want to lose most of your current customers. So better start something new.. like.. "Forza Pro".. lol
    The following user likes this Post: casscroute

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by sbtm View Post
    ...So better start something new.. like.. "Forza Pro".. lol
    I think there is no need for a title like "Forza Pro" when one has pCARS, AC and DR (both soon) on the console side of life, too
    Steam: LTC Mike
    "Ein Auto ist erst dann schnell genug, wenn man morgens davor steht und Angst hat, es aufzuschließen" W. Röhrl

Sim-PC1: i5 3570K@4.6 Ghz+NH-D14 | 32GB DDR3-1800 | Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H | BeQuiet DP-Pro 750W | EVGA GTX780SC (3GB) | M4 SSD 256GB / 2x WD-Raptor 1TB | BenQ 32" 2560x1440 +24" LG 1920x1200 | Asus Xonar Xense / Logitech X540 / Astro Gaming TR40 | Fanatec CSW v1+CSP V2 +CS Handbrake V1.5| Win 7+Win10/pro/64
    Sim-PC2: MSI Nightblade M2 with i5 6400@2.70 GHz | 16 GB DDR4-2300 RAM | MSI GTX1060 ARMOR OC/6GB @ Win 10Pro 64 GER Build 1703 (Craetors Update Ed.)

Wheel-Setup:
    pCARS1: (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~80 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 0~100 | DPR 0~30 / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / (Controller Setup) Force 100% | Tire-Force 85% | else ->
    Jack Spades FFB-Tweeks

pCARS2: (still experimental): (Hardware CSW V1 (1.5) ) SEN Off | FF 100 | SHO 100 | ABS ~85 | LIN Off | DEA Off | DRI -Off | FOR 100+/- | SPR 60 / OFF | DPR 50 / OFF / (Driver) ANGLE-900 | DAMPENING-100% / Game Controller Setup: default (changes n.n.) / Game: Flavour: Informative / RAW | Gain 100 | Volume 50 / (default) | Tone 50 / (default) | FX 50 / (default)

WMD Member Jussi Viljami Karjalainen's Avatar
    Platform
    PC
    I'm really looking forward to Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and MS's notion that future FM games would be developed for Win10 as well. I do enjoy arcade racers quite a bit even if they can't hold my interest for years like sims can, so I fully welcome them to the PC, where there is a serious dearth of nice simcade racers. Honestly, look at the Steam listings sometimes, some people are still talking about the death of the racing simulation etc. but when I look at the games listed under the "Racing" tag in Steam, and exclude games that aren't really or are only partially about racing and wacky indie games, the proper racing sims like pCARS, iRacing, AC, Automobilista (I don't count DiRT Rally in this category though) etc. outnumber the arcade racers about 2:1 on the first two pages, and tend to be newer than the arcade racers as well.

So yeah, definitely want to see more simcade action on the PC.
    CPU: Intel i7 2600K @ 4,6 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce 3 | MOBO: ASUS P8P67 Pro | RAM: 4 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 | Sound: ASUS Xonar U7 | PSU: NZXT HALE90 650W 80+ Gold | OS: Win8 x64 | Wheel: Thrustmaster T500 RS GT wheel/pedals, Logitech G25 shifter | Monitor: 2x23" IPS-LCD 1920x1080 60Hz & 42" 1920x1080 60Hz | SpeedTest | PingTest | PingTest to UK
    Sim history: IndyCar Racing I & II, F1GP2, Grand Prix Legends, Sports Car GT, Richard Burns Rally, GT Legends, Race/GT-R Evolution/Race On/etc., RaceRoom Racing Experience, SimRaceWay, Live For Speed, netKar Pro, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 1 & 2, among others...

My road car OEM style setups (updated occasionally when I find new info) over at P.CARS Setups Database

My Suspension Calculator spreadsheet for Project CARS v1.3.5.2 - Updated on 16.10.2016!

Suspension Calculator now available on the P.CARS Setups Database website!

Next Gen = More Biscuit!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: pollinho123, RimanDk