Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Penalty for contact?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    Combine that system with a simple "Rules of the road" set up, i.e. If a car is behind another car on the track, and there is a collision, the trailing car is at fault...
    That would work for maybe 2 days until the rammers have figured out that they could get the others disqualified by brake checking them.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Before posting a problem, make sure to check our Known Issues Threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

[QRWEP] Quick Race Weekend Event Planner
    The following 2 users likes this Post: CPU M Rossi, mapguy

WMD Member
    We have two kinds of crashers : those who do it on purpose (we could call them retards) and those who do it because they want to force their way (a bit silly but not mean guys)
    Ok I could add a third category that could include all of us, because we all can do mistakes ( but in this case, it is just light contacts)
    About the first category : the host has to kick them
    About the second category : it's 90% of the crashers and a quite simple penalty system would teach them to be more careful.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    That is a bit of an elitist comment, not all people that use aids are scrubs, also some of the cars IRL use aids so why force them off? I just don't get this mentality, sometimes allowing aids helps people to get better, I mean you can turn them off at your leisure, it only takes a minute to set 3 buttons for TC, ABS and SC, forcing people to play with aids off on a car that actually has them IRL actually causes more accidents in my opinion.
    It might be but i feel that driving aids are a crutch. But in my opinion if you can't be bothered to learn to control the car without aids having to step in to help you, then you probably can't be bothered to learn how and when to overtake properly. For instance, trying to overtake on the turn going into rahal straight in laguna seca. If you can't be bothered to learn then you will probably try something foolish like that.

Platform
    PS4
    You realise assists are just assists? They can save your arse from fairly minor mistakes. If someone can't drive properly and goes at it like its NFS, assists won't keep them from barrelling off track.

Tyres ultimately have limited grip and cars still have momentum. Assists don't beat physics.
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast."
    You put your left pedal in, You take your left pedal out,
    You put your right pedal in, And you slide it all about...
    G29 settings.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Charger, Schnizz58

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptyochromis View Post
    It might be but i feel that driving aids are a crutch. But in my opinion if you can't be bothered to learn to control the car without aids having to step in to help you, then you probably can't be bothered to learn how and when to overtake properly. For instance, trying to overtake on the turn going into rahal straight in laguna seca. If you can't be bothered to learn then you will probably try something foolish like that.
    I'd love to see the crashes IRL GT3 without their aids on, would be a mess I think, why do you think they have TCS and ABS in a GT3 race?
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.
    The following user likes this Post: Mangoat

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Charger View Post
    I'd love to see the crashes IRL GT3 without their aids on, would be a mess I think, why do you think they have TCS and ABS in a GT3 race?
    Probably because they haven't "bothered to learn to control the car without aids having to step in to help".

Them professional racedrivers need their crutches!
    Thrustmaster T300rs
    55" Sony Bravia KDL55W805
    Racing stand built out of MDF
    PSVR eagerly awaiting support from PCars 2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Mangoat

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post
    Probably because they haven't "bothered to learn to control the car without aids having to step in to help".

Hahaha, brilliant.
    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    That would work for maybe 2 days until the rammers have figured out that they could get the others disqualified by brake checking them.
    The simple pre-emptive fix would be to check when the person is braking next to the Driving Line / Brake Assist marks. If someone is braking outside of that, then the lead driver gets the foul.

The system wouldn't be as perfect as having a real live race steward, but if Project Cars isn't going to have a valid and well designed Spectate / Steward system, then we need something else.

WMD Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Exoil View Post

I think they don't have a choice.
    They'd prefer to have fun too.
    (Even though real life assists are not as boring as they are in the game)

Rookie
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hello - I have been unable to locate how to set collision DQ penalty in lobby setup. Does anyone know how to set this?