Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: Penalty for contact?

  1. #11
    Kart Driver Ptyochromis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    60
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzah View Post
    I agree with the idea of ghosting when there's a massive speed difference, but your example can be flawed.

    I've gone flying into the backs of many drivers who brake a few million years too early.
    That's a reason not to allow ABS on your tracks. ABS here keeps you from threshold braking. Either way, that sort of thing happens with the pros too. What we need, is a program that can me sound calls in judgement.....

    https://youtu.be/J8NGkqCz4qg

  2. #12
    WMD Member miagi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Hamburg
    Posts
    675
    Expecting Software or AI to judge the very various and complex situations and accidents that happen in motorsport, where often 3 experts have 3 different opinions about some accidents, is maybe even naive.

    iRacing actually has a simple system, pretty much as stupid and simple as it gets. It's not a bit realistic to real motorsport and punishes ppl that haven't done anything wrong...
    System
    Intel i7 860@3,5GHz Watercooled GTX 480@850MHz Watercooled Cooled by 2x XSPC RX240 G.Skill ECO 4GB DDR3-1600 CL7-8-7-24 @ 1.35V MSi H55M-ED55 Creative-Labs SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Samsung SSD 830 Samsung 2233RZ 120Hertz 1680x1050 Roccat Kave Wheel: Fanatec CSR Elite wheel + Fanatec CSR Elite pedals
    Gamepad: THRUSTMASTER Dual Trigger 3-in-1 V.2 Win7x64

    [RSR] RevolutionSimRacing Member [RSR] Car Setup wisenheimer
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  3. #13
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    136
    Platform
    PC
    A simple system makes people play right eventually.
    Of course it's sometimes unfair but with the fear of collision penalties, everyone makes their best to avoid harsh contacts.
    Don't forget it's a game. We just want to have a good time, without careless players who ruin the game.

  4. #14
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    882
    There is a disqualification system for contact. But the only time I've ever seen it was somebody had waited and crashed me out, then I got disqualified and sent to pits and they got to continue crashing. I only ask that if such a system is implemented, that such a thing is taken into account. I think the game is fine as is. Just find responsible hosts.
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Intel I5-6600k
    16 GB DDR4 ram
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64
    Fanatec Clubsport Elite

  5. #15
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    136
    Platform
    PC
    Hosts, responsible or not, can't be everywhere and see everything everytime.
    Plus hosts want to play too.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    45
    Platform
    PS4
    the other day i got hit from behind by a person who didnt brake & i got penalized

  7. #17
    Kart Driver Ptyochromis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    60
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by miagi View Post
    Expecting Software or AI to judge the very various and complex situations and accidents that happen in motorsport, where often 3 experts have 3 different opinions about some accidents, is maybe even naive.

    iRacing actually has a simple system, pretty much as stupid and simple as it gets. It's not a bit realistic to real motorsport and punishes ppl that haven't done anything wrong...
    True sentient AI cannot come fast enough lol.

    My 'solution' (albeit not a very good one) to rammers is to simply host tracks and force all driving aids off. It tends to weed out the scrubs and makes it much harder to intentionally put someone off without taking yourself off.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    133
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Krus Control View Post
    There is a disqualification system for contact. But the only time I've ever seen it was somebody had waited and crashed me out, then I got disqualified and sent to pits and they got to continue crashing. I only ask that if such a system is implemented, that such a thing is taken into account. I think the game is fine as is. Just find responsible hosts.
    If a car is going backwards on the track, and they are hit, the car that was originally going backwards gets DQed.


    It wouldn't be difficult to implement a system that's better than Project Cars. PCars ALREADY HAS A COLLISION DETECTION AND QUANTIFICATION SYSTEM BUILT IN. But in WMD's infinite wisdom, it's not used for anything.

    Combine that system with a simple "Rules of the road" set up, i.e. If a car is behind another car on the track, and there is a collision, the trailing car is at fault. Another: If a car is overlapped for 2 seconds on a straight, and there is a collision, they are both at fault.

    Then the system would be golden. It wouldn't be perfect, but a 90% system is better than nothing (and better than iRacing's, to boot).

    Tack on to that a good steward / spectating system (like iRacing has, and PCars DOES NOT HAVE AT ALL IN THE SLIGHTEST), and you can run good races from here to eternity with full, happy rooms.

  9. #19
    Superkart Pilot Charger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    997
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptyochromis View Post
    True sentient AI cannot come fast enough lol.

    My 'solution' (albeit not a very good one) to rammers is to simply host tracks and force all driving aids off. It tends to weed out the scrubs and makes it much harder to intentionally put someone off without taking yourself off.
    That is a bit of an elitist comment, not all people that use aids are scrubs, also some of the cars IRL use aids so why force them off? I just don't get this mentality, sometimes allowing aids helps people to get better, I mean you can turn them off at your leisure, it only takes a minute to set 3 buttons for TC, ABS and SC, forcing people to play with aids off on a car that actually has them IRL actually causes more accidents in my opinion.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum

    https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA

    Commodore 64, 64K RAM, Tape Drive, Grundig TV.

  10. #20
    GT3 Pilot Schnizz58's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Duchy of Grand Fenwick
    Posts
    3,582
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by AOD_Danneskjold View Post
    But in WMD's infinite wisdom, it's not used for anything.
    Somehow I doubt that WMD had anything to do with that.
    Strike 1: No mid-race saves. Strike 2: Dumbed down FFB for consoles. Strike 3: ?
    Xbox One | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Similar Threads

  1. contact shadows missing
    By madmav in forum Project CARS on Playstation 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 19-11-2015, 23:49
  2. Car Contact, Penalty, and Helmet Cam Issues
    By LaserPower in forum XB1 - Technical Help & Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 18-08-2015, 10:30
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-06-2015, 20:58
  4. Can't Contact Developer
    By flyoffacliff in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 14-05-2015, 23:03

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •